Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Could be a thread derail, but we really need to talk about the India polling numbers.  I'm guessing between them and Russia, China can finally be satiated, if not downright downgraded.  It's not cultural, it's not religious, it's not all that political (though that is a factor more than the first two I listed), it's not anti-colonialism.  What gives?  

27 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Mexico will love whoever we hate, and it'll never change until some Mad Max world where they get their old northern lands back, which they will immediately lose again to screaming Canadians riding on Polar bears.

But screaming very polite things. “My good friend, please excuse me ending your life in this territorial struggle.  I will endeavor to shoot you in the least painful manner…”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, YGIFS said:

Could be a thread derail, but we really need to talk about the India polling numbers.  I'm guessing between them and Russia, China can finally be satiated, if not downright downgraded.  It's not cultural, it's not religious, it's not all that political (though that is a factor more than the first two I listed), it's not anti-colonialism.  What gives?  

Trump likes Russia.   Trump likes two dick jack off dance moves.   India? 

ED072452-E877-43F3-B2D5-9E7EFF793A88.webp.441356a88b6543c7f2b9562d83139249.webp

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

India is very contrarian and hyper self interested and nationalistic. They do not have a strong centralized government don’t trust the West past any direct exchange. They don’t trust Russia or China either but when they can get huge discount on resources due to Western sanctions they are going to take advantage.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ok, I admit to vastly underestimating the spoils of the Mexican-American war and vastly overestimating the Gadsden purchase. 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a2/Alta_California_in_Mexico_%281824%29.svg/440px-Alta_California_in_Mexico_%281824%29.svg.png

To be fair, Mexico stole it from Spain who stole it from the native americans.

Nice to see this brewing 

Russia has rejected South African President Cyril Ramaphosa's request that Lavrov attend the BRICS summit instead of Putin.

"We realize we are bound by the Rome Statute, but we cannot invite someone and then arrest him. We would be happy if Putin did not come," South African Vice President Paul Mashatile said.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

It looks like purges in the ranks of the Russian army continue. 
Russian sources say that Major General Vladimir Selivestrov, who commanded the 106th Airborne Division, which is now located in the Bakhmut direction, was fired. As claimed, due to "unaccommodating character".
P.S: A little earlier, Major General Ivan Popov, commander of the 58th Army of the RF Armed Forces, was also removed from his post.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Nearly a dozen European countries that pledged to train Ukrainian pilots are still waiting on the U.S. to formally approve. 
Earlier, European officials have said they hope to begin the program in August. But trainings on F-16s can’t start until the U.S. signs off on the necessary requests.
Now, partners hope to start the training in Romania, in October. - Politico 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 7

13 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Um, it is Mexico. For the most part their liberal parties and population sides against the US. They are PUUUUTTTTTOOOOOSSSSS. 

I would like to see how this question was asked. 

Yeah, but it means that only 2/3 of North America are aligned.  Having a border country with that perspective isn't great.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Nivek said:

Mexico is the biggest disappointment to me.  

Mexicans will generally have a reflexive attitude of liking anyone the United States doesn’t. 

In all honesty, between the legitimate harms we’ve done them and the ongoing self-owns they inflict on themselves just to spite us, it is true that one way or another we are the source of nearly all their problems. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, YGIFS said:

It goes all the way back to the Cold War and the Indo Pakistan Wars. The West usually supported Pakistan and the USSR supported India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India–Russia_relations

Edited by sccane92
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, YGIFS said:

India-Soviet/Russian ties go a long, long way back and are mostly pragmatic and secondarily genuine sympathy. The first thing you need to know is that despite the surge in modernization and push to develop indigenous capacity— India remains mostly at the mercy of Russian technology for its military. 

Soviet and U.S./British task forces eyed each other carefully during the 1971 Indo-Pak war and subsequent creation of Bangladesh, with the Soviet presence basically calling our bluff and ensuring China didn’t swoop in, either— ensuring a positive outcome for India. 

At the same time as we were using the ISI and cultivating Pakistan to help knock out the Soviets in Afghanistan, the Soviets were diligently working with their Indian counterparts to undermine Pakistan. 

And of course, modern Russia has been careful to never, ever, ever criticize Modi for anything he does in India because they do not care. India is a strategic partner of such value that they can’t afford to, while western powers rightfully swipe at him for his continued tilt into authoritarian nationalism. And that plays a big role, too, Indians love the idea of big men who can’t be bossed around by the supposedly weak and effete westerners who damnably somehow keep coming out on top. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Mexicans will generally have a reflexive attitude of liking anyone the United States doesn’t. 

In all honesty, between the legitimate harms we’ve done them and the ongoing self-owns they inflict on themselves just to spite us, it is true that one way or another we are the source of nearly all their problems. 

That is some responsibility deflecting bullshit.  Mexico certainly has issues due to the U.S. but their corruption and dysfunction were codified in the 1930s based on my limited understanding of their political system.   

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

That is some responsibility deflecting bullshit.  Mexico certainly has issues due to the U.S. but their corruption and dysfunction were codified in the 1930s based on my limited understanding of their political system.   

I was being fairly tongue in cheek and was pretty explicit about their constant and ongoing self-owns. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I was being fairly tongue in cheek and was pretty explicit about their constant and ongoing self-owns. 

Gotcha, got bonked in the head yesterday so I am taking it easy on coffee and the morning routines. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

we also have congressmen submitting bills to actually bomb Mexico...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

3, x, 1, 2

And to be totally fair to Kim Keon-hee there, I think she's a legit 9. Absolutely wouldn't kick her outta bed for eating crackers, would crawl through broken glass to eat the peanuts outta her shit, etc etc.

It's just that she's lined up next to a 10 and an 11 there.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, sccane92 said:

It goes all the way back to the Cold War and the Indo Pakistan Wars. The West usually supported Pakistan and the USSR supported India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India–Russia_relations

Serious academicians in this area ascribe to the two dick jerk-off dance theory.  But I suppose you’re theory is not impossible.

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Gotcha, got bonked in the head yesterday so I am taking it easy on coffee and the morning routines. 

“Calm down, ma’am, I only had my hands on your behind because you have the same figure as my wife and it’s her birthday, and I was going to buy some OWWW!!!! SHIT!!”

• Haha 1