Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

15 hours ago, MillerEP said:

^I'm always suspect of those videos, mostly because the Ukrainians wrap themselves up in blue, yellow, or green tape. These don't, are laying weirdly, no obvious signs of trauma/blood, and are too bunched up. Screams fake to me.

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, so many of the videos of Ukrainians show them with the tape, that when I don't see said tape, I assume they are Russians.

16 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

So this is a net zero (always negative in war cause war)? Ukrainian soldiers capturing a few orcs and fucks supposedly killed the good guys. Who won the battle? 

Honestly, I misread it and thought it was Russian losses from their counter attack. I wouldn't have posted if I had read it correctly.

• Hook 'Em 2

The President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky during a Phone Call today with NATO Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg is reported to have directly requested that NATO assist Ukraine in creating and protecting a “Shipping Corridor” in the Black Sea that will allow the continuation of the Black Sea Grain Initiative. 

Text of tweet below. Seems like this would be a huge deal if it happens:

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has agreed to convene a meeting of the newly formed Ukraine-NATO Council at the request of President Zelensky. Alliance spokeswoman Oana Lungescu said that the meeting will be held on Wednesday at the ambassadors’ level to "consult on the latest developments and discuss Ukrainian grain transportation through the Black Sea". 

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

A lot of military equipment appeared in the camp of PMC "#Wagner" in #Belarus

Satellite images of the former military unit in the village of Tsel published by the Washington Post.

The images show that hundreds of military vehicles and equipment have been placed in the camp. The images from July 16 did not show such a large number of weapons at the base. Observers record a significant increase in the military presence in Tsel.

Lukashenka's "Defense Ministry" reported earlier that the "Wagnerians" had started training the military. And not only in Tsel, but also at the training ground near Brest near the border with #Poland, where the mercenaries together with the Belarusian army are holding joint exercises this week.

And to round out Luka's clownish and deranged comments:

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Not all news is good news. 

Minefields, fortifications and Russian air power have combined to largely block big advances by Ukrainian troops in their offensive
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraines-lack-of-weaponry-and-training-risks-stalemate-in-fight-with-russia-f51ecf9?st=pxkr8l5egzcidgo&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

My opinion? Things that could change the stalemate for the better:

-more and better weapon systems to Ukraine. 

-Russian economic/political collapse

-strategic mistakes by Russia

Things that can change it for the worse:

-Drop in US support

-Ukrainian political collapse (the economy has already collapsed)

-Ukrainian strategic errors  

The upcoming US elections will bring out our worst. 

Yeah it seems to be a contest between Russia's political stability and American political fortitude.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, KYHorn said:

A lot of military equipment appeared in the camp of PMC "#Wagner" in #Belarus

Satellite images of the former military unit in the village of Tsel published by the Washington Post.

The images show that hundreds of military vehicles and equipment have been placed in the camp. The images from July 16 did not show such a large number of weapons at the base. Observers record a significant increase in the military presence in Tsel.

Lukashenka's "Defense Ministry" reported earlier that the "Wagnerians" had started training the military. And not only in Tsel, but also at the training ground near Brest near the border with #Poland, where the mercenaries together with the Belarusian army are holding joint exercises this week.

And to round out Luka's clownish and deranged comments:

Wagner wants to invade Poland?  1) lol  2) think they’ll start pressing to host nukes again?

• Hook 'Em 2

There may be some haggling about Wagner = Russia, but an invasion from Belarusian territory will definitely trigger Article 5 on Belarus.  Any Russian assets in Belarus would be subject to "accidental" destruction, or intentional if used to assist the invasion.  If invaded, I don't think that Poland would balk at taking out all military assets in Belarus, just to be sure.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Part of the issue is that they don't have many MiGs left. There are plenty of F-16s available to Ukraine.

And the F-16s can haul and shoot nearly anything in the NATO inventory.  Good to have that capability.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
Speling is imprtnat.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

We really need to give Ukraine weapons without these silly restrictions. Let them decide how to use them.

They don't know how to use them. They are new. I am sure there are some US Advisors somewhere in the EU providing guidance. That is how it usually works. 

That is why the training Ukraine is getting is so damn important. 

And for the record, I wish we would embed advisors into their Command and Control groups. SF dudes would love to fuck up Russia! 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, Parliament said:

So all of NATO agrees Wagner = Russia and a Wagner intrusion is Article 5, right? If Wagner fucks around, Germany isn't gonna wanna write a strongly worded note and call it good, right? 

4 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I think the Wagner cunts are planning to invade northern Ukraine. This polish invasion bullahit is just their lame attempt at counter stategery.

Could be trying to open another front in the north of Ukraine, trying to dilute the pool of available troops for the Ukrainian counter-offensive, but damn, that place is heavily mined, there's actually a solid amount of Ukraine forces along the border (active-duty and equivalent to our National Guard/Reserves) that have had 500 days to train and prepare.  It'll be a slaughter.

Russia's biggest problem right now is the flow of NATO weapons into Ukraine.  The dude is ex-KGB. I could see him doing everything possible, up to running Wagner troops up to the Polish border (but not crossing it), to try and make NATO forces think that they have to hold on to their stockpiles in case he tried to invade Poland/Lithuania, as well as make the NATO civilian population try and pressure their leaders to hold back from Ukraine in case Russia does something.

Thankfully, NATO leaders realize that if Russia is defeated in Ukraine, he wouldn't be able to do anything elsewhere against NATO, but I could see Putin believing that he's able to slow down the amount of weapons/ammo flowing into Ukraine.  Russia isn't fully tapped out, and they still have some weapons/ammo flowing in from Iran, but it's got to scare the shit out of them that NATO's military industrial capacity is truly ramping up.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2