Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

I mean thats some damn good shooting by the Azerbajani's

8 dead roozkies. 4 of which are officers, and the lowest rank is a Captain.

hell Ukraine has been killing dumb Russian officers for almost 2 years and out of the roughly 200k dead, only 73 of them were Cols

but in 24 hours of unrest the Azerbajani's:

d1878d6a-ca6e-4603-a799-d6812145d09e_tex

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

But Nagorno-Karabakh is . . . landlocked?

confused ryan reynolds GIF

Maybe Putin is not happy with his naval commanders in general.

Also, the Azerbaijani forces attacked the Russians, but they didn't attack the American soldiers that were in the region (granted they were probably farther back in Armenia).

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

But Nagorno-Karabakh is . . . landlocked?

confused ryan reynolds GIF

I'm thinking a couple of disappeared guys suddenly were located in crater in Azerbaijan.  Worth pointing out, the Russian military is fucking weird, their Navy has infantry divisions.  

Edited by BamaATL
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Could you fucking imagine if we invaded Mexico, picked up an initial 100 miles of territory in the first few weeks, for 18 months since have been steadily loosing in the ground war, and in the process lost our flagship and had to abandon our naval base in San Diego?  Mind you to a country with no real Navy to speak of, beyond really a search and rescue coast guard and civil patrol.  That's pretty much what has happened to Russia, so yeah, it's not going well (not that I shed a tear for them).  

US / NATO deserves a little credit here too.  In this scenario we invade Mexico while always wondering if we are one bullet away from Mexico summoning Godzilla.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Our Navy has infantry divisions, we just call them "Marines"

Dont Look At Me Walking Away GIF by HULU

Oh I get that, I saw a interview with a Russian Naval POW months ago where he had been a on ship and was suddenly sent to Ukraine and driving a tank.  When they asked him how much training he had on the tank he said, "two days".  I sort of imagine that most of their naval infantry is exactly that, sailors that have been shipped to the front with little to no training.  

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

uhhhh, what happened here?

Poland to stop arming Ukraine?

7 hours ago, KYHorn said:

I've seen a few stories about this as it has developed over the last few days. Something needs to be figured out quickly.

Poland to stop supplying weapons to Ukraine over grain row

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66873495 

Reveal hidden contents

Consequently, the European Union temporarily banned imports of grain into five countries; Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia to protect local farmers, who feared Ukrainian grain was driving down the prices locally.

The ban ended on 15 September and the EU chose not to renew it, but Hungary, Slovakia and Poland decided to keep on implementing it.

The European Commission has repeatedly stated that it is not up to individual EU members to make trade policy for the bloc.

Earlier this week, Ukraine filed lawsuits to the World Trade Organisation (WTO) against those countries over the bans, which it said were a violation of international obligations.

Ukraine's Economy Minister Yulia Svyrydenko said that "it is crucially important for us to prove that individual member states cannot ban imports of Ukrainian goods".

But Poland said they would keep the ban in place, and a "complaint before the WTO doesn't impress us".

Despite the ban, the three countries said they would still allow grain to be transported through them to other markets.

The French Foreign Minister, Catherina Colonna said on Wednesday an EU study revealed Ukrainian grain imports would not cripple European farmers, and described the tensions as "regrettable".

Poland has provided much support to Ukraine as it defends itself against Russia, urging Germany to provide the country with Leopard 2 battle tanks, pledging fighter jets to the country and welcoming more than 1.5m refugees from Ukraine.

Edit:

6 hours ago, Viper said:

Diplomacy, how does it work? 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

c556e04e-8fa6-4ace-96b0-21f8f0588582_tex

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Have you considered reading the thread before rushing here and demanding everyone explain something to you from pages back?

CNN still has this headline up:

Poland says it will stop arming Ukraine. How did we get here – and what does it mean for the war?

Analysis by Rob Picheta, CNN
Updated 3:08 PM EDT, Thu September 21, 2023

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/21/europe/poland-ukraine-weapons-grain-explainer-intl/index.html

Note that they updated it 45 minutes ago, but not anything about the agreement to resume things.

51 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Have you considered reading the thread before rushing here and demanding everyone explain something to you from pages back?

well shit, sorry. Thread moves fast and I went back multiple times and didn't see it.

Is this a diplomatic bluff to resolve the grain issue more favorability for Poland?

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster?
We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present.
We're dealing with a lot of shit.

781e7cc3-3cd1-46d5-9c24-8135b0713a6b_tex

fbb6bc22-50bd-4590-ab97-7d5f1581e939_tex

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

well shit, sorry. Thread moves fast and I went back multiple times and didn't see it.

Is this a diplomatic bluff to resolve the grain issue more favorability for Poland?

Ukraine is upset about the blocking of Ukrainian grain through several European countries because it fucks Ukraine's ability to move grain out of the country. Poland is getting pissy because they feel like Ukraine isn't being appreciative enough of what Poland has done foe them. That's about it.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Ukraine is upset about the blocking of Ukrainian grain through several European countries because it fucks Ukraine's ability to move grain out of the country. Poland is getting pissy because they feel like Ukraine isn't being appreciative enough of what Poland has done foe them. That's about it.

fbec9044-c553-4939-ac9c-ee63dbaf2fb8_tex

• Like 1
  • Haha 4