Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

ATACMS - between the hits on Berdyansk and Luhansk airbases last week, Oryx reported today that 24 helicopters are gone. I screen shot a couple of the more interesting replies in the r/ukraine thread

image.png.9670afb62751ed72d8ff5bba56d30976.png

image.thumb.png.595d0383fc45a360842d8084ce68c15a.png

image.thumb.png.8ac5380d2d67010656d614d745d16d3f.png

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I, for one, will except a Cherry2000 over Lauren Boebert.  If you want to call my dick pro-AI, then so be it. 

39 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

ryan gosling GIF

For the younger folks, a nice little intro to 1987's Cherry 2000 - see what mid-1980s film writers were coming up with.

In the year 2017, the United States has fragmented into post-apocalyptic wastelands with a few civilized areas. An ongoing economic crisis has led to the recycling of aging 20th-century mechanical and technological equipment. Society has also become averse to intimacy, as well as both increasingly hypersexualized and bureaucratic. Robotic technology has produced Gynoids as substitutes for wives. The declining instances of actual sex among men and women is litigious, with one brothel having lawyers draft up contracts detailing the intended sexual rendezvous.

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think I finally learned to accept that that behavior is normal to them.   It is just that our minds can’t accept the fact that how they think could be normal.   To some extent our refusal to believe what’s right in front of our face is a problem for us.

I suspect anyone with some intelligence becomes a drunk while the rest just choose to no longer exercise their brain to survive. The few who keep trying fall out of windows if they don’t take the hint.

7 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

To some extent our refusal to believe what’s right in front of our face is a problem for us.

Boy howdy, you can say that again. So much of russia and putins strategy (and pretty much any authoritarian) rely on doing things SO BEYOND THE PALE that a large chunk of the population doesn't believe it could happen.

Russia has been exporting their discontent via propaganda and disinformation for decades now, and getting the truth good and lubed up. That way, people more readily doubt their lying eyes or reflexively distrust expert and institutional opinion

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I think I finally learned to accept that that behavior is normal to them.   It is just that our minds can’t accept the fact that how they think could be normal.   To some extent our refusal to believe what’s right in front of our face is a problem for us.

We are talking about a military in 2023 that has units whose designated task is to shoot other units that retreat without orders.

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Viper said:

Lots of good detail from that reporting. At the 26-second mark of the above Twitter video clip, you can see the "soil heap" that's being referred to. I think in American English we'd call it a slag heap. Anyway, this google map link shows the area that's the primary focus of that account, along with Avdviivka, Stepove, and Berdychi. I don't think I realized how very close it is to the major city of Donetsk (only about 10 miles from the city center mas o menos).

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chopper said:

This clip is brutal. Basically a drone hunting a single russian soldier as he tries to evade it by running through a forested area for 2 minutes. It's drone POV plus a panoramic shot for added artistry. 

https://www.kyivpost.com/storage/video/2023/10/17/d5fd84ecba9c92cc1ed561a4bf828b1b.mp4

Star Trek Borg GIF

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

eventually after Russia finally is pushed out and simply can't go on any more, with hundreds of thousands of their men dead and even more hundreds of thousands who are either freed violent criminals or suffering from insane PTSD...

What do you even do with that? Even if you oust Putin, the next sucker in line has a huge rebuilding job.

Kinda feels familiar, as a Broncos fan...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

I got a redirect and warning that someone may be trying to steal my credit card when I clicked that link on an iPhone. 

It went a Microsoft News site to me, and is apparently a Daily Express, US pull.  Daily Express is a tabloid, so huge grain of salt (researched it more after the fact, should have done more prior to posting).  All that having been said, stranger things have happened. 

15 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Credit to @Satchel via CR

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/vladimir-putin-suffers-cardiac-arrest-sparking-massive-alarm-in-kremlin-inner-circle/ar-AA1iH7Zi

No idea as to the veracity of this, but would obviously be a very big deal.  Not seeing the story picked up anywhere else yet.  

death-of-stalin-vodka.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

It went a Microsoft News site to me, and is apparently a Daily Express, US pull.  Daily Express is a tabloid, so huge grain of salt (researched it more after the fact, should have done more prior to posting).  All that having been said, stranger things have happened. 

I may have far-fingered one of the ads, to be fair. 

• Hook 'Em 1