Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

To really make it embarrassing, 16 ambassadors from NATO in Hungary showed up to sit and watch the vote, and they're the only ones who showed up:

Yeah this is our ambassador throwing some serious diplomatic shade at Orban and his party

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yeah this is our ambassador throwing some serious diplomatic shade at Orban and his party

Seems like it might be time for the EU to go ahead and start the process to strip Hungary's right to vote.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Treat Orban and his party with the full measure of respect they deserve.

Specifically, the Swedish PM should visit Hungary.  He should make whatever promises are necessary to obtain a NATO approval vote.

Then, once the vote is concluded, he should keep precisely 0.0% of those promises, because they were extracted under duress by an illegitimate government working in tandem with Russia.  And we NATO states don't hold hands with Russia.  He should also tell Orban "lick my taint" in Swedish, which I bet sounds pretty funny.

Maybe someone could hand Orban 30 pieces of silver while he's standing next to a window.

l9d8t6.gif

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

I'm still trying to figure out what's up with this side conflict in Sudan. Is it just about the gold for Russia? @InkaUtexas Have you heard anything new through your contacts?

I just find it fascinating that they're fighting there too. Ukraine's reach is impressive, and one wonders what they'll be able to do if they ever get into NATO.

Maybe a small investment for the possibility of inflicting huge damage given how much $$$ Wagner extracts from there? I'd think Wagner's defenses are at a low point too. Just a wag.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

Maybe a small investment for the possibility of inflicting huge damage given how much $$$ Wagner extracts from there? I'd think Wagner's defenses are at a low point too. Just a wag.

I guess the gold/money has got to be it because I think Wagner's pretty active in the Sahel of West Africa, too, in places like Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, etc. There's part of me that also wonders if there's a Red Sea angle (not that it has anything to do with the Houthi shit), but maybe something supply lines from Russia to all of the African theater and whether the Ukrainians are getting support from the US/France for disrupting them where both of us have interests. 

I'm probably reading too much into it, though.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

I'm still trying to figure out what's up with this side conflict in Sudan. Is it just about the gold for Russia? @InkaUtexas Have you heard anything new through your contacts?

I just find it fascinating that they're fighting there too. Ukraine's reach is impressive, and one wonders what they'll be able to do if they ever get into NATO.

No, and I cannot figure it out to be honest. I understand why Wagner is there, but why would Ukraine go down to mess them up? Sudan is a crisis few are watching. And why would the russians come in from the South?

They are tight with the RSF and can just fly in. And what do the Ukrainians do with them once captured?

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

No, and I cannot figure it out to be honest. I understand why Wagner is there, but why would Ukraine go down to mess them up? Sudan is a crisis few are watching. And why would the russians come in from the South?

They are tight with the RSF and can just fly in. And what do the Ukrainians do with them once captured?

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Howard Buffett, the son of billionaire Warren Buffett, gave Ukraine  150 million of his personal money in 2022. 
In 2023, he bought a total of 360 million $ for Ukraine. At his own expense, he built kitchen factories in Bucha and Lozovaya, police stations in Borodyanka and Izyum, and a dog training center in Bucha. 
Buffett brings combine harvesters, tractors and seeds to Ukraine and gives them to farmers for free. Buys and brings mine clearance vehicles to Ukraine: in some areas, mine clearance is the main type of agricultural work... 
Buffett supports the Ukrainian police, brought dozens of DNA detection machines, bought service dogs of the highest level of training in the Netherlands and brought them to Ukraine. Buffett helps search for war criminals, created a separate organization in Ukraine. 
He financed the creation and operation of The Superhumans Center, an open prosthetics center near Lviv. I bought and brought 2,400 high-power generators... 
In September 2023, Buffett and Ukrzaliznytsia created the world's first kitchen train that can operate offline for 5-7 days during blackouts and produce 70 thousand servings of food during the week. 
How much money does Howard Buffett have? It's hard to say, because he spends them all the time, he has already spent half a billion on Ukraine. He fell in love with Ukraine, visited ten times during the war, and it feels like he spends more time in Ukraine than at home in the United States...
He's the middle child of billionaire investor Warren Buffett. It was named after Howard Buffett, his grandfather, and Benjamin Graham, Warren Buffett's favorite professor.
As CEO and chairman of the Howard G. Buffett Foundation (HGBF), Buffett has traveled to more than 130 countries to document the challenges of preserving biodiversity and providing sufficient resources to meet people's needs.  
HGBF was one of five philanthropic groups that received вор 2.9 billion in Berkshire Hathaway Class B shares from Warren Buffett in July 2020.
P.S. According to Forbes magazine, as of April 2023, Warren Buffett was ranked 5th in the ranking of the richest billionaires in the world with personal assets of  106 billion. $. 
In addition, Warren Buffett plans to donate most of his assets to charity.

29317-29f743d3273743371b9da17b0ed364ae.jpg.e51c93759c96e06581312bb2ba750e7d.jpg

That's fucking awesome. I'd love to shake his hand and buy him a drink

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Wagner is basically done. Their fighters are going to be given a choice to join the new “Africa Corps” (but of course Ukrainians are Nazis and not the guys naming stuff after Rommel) or the regular Russian military or worse. 

I’ve harped on this on the thread. Even Prigozhin forgot that Wagner didn’t really exist except as a convenient way for the Russian MoD to do dirty work. The new PMCs (which remain technically illegal under Russian law) will be explicitly part of MoD command structure. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Heard the Russians found a small pipe they were crawling 200 meters through to get behind ukrainian lines to create that narrow foothold in the south and Ukraine was pinching it off like a turd. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, B00M said:

Heard the Russians found a small pipe they were crawling 200 meters through to get behind ukrainian lines to create that narrow foothold in the south and Ukraine was pinching it off like a turd. 

Raining The Shawshank Redemption GIF

Vid of a couple Russian tanks running into each other. Because that's what happens when vodka is your sponsor for driver's ed. We just need to build a half dozen roundabouts near Advika and that Russian tank stockpile will be zero by the 4th of July. Just in time for one of my new favorite pastimes: turret tossing fireworks.

• Hook 'Em 1

I know fuckall about Africa but

- according to this Bloomberg article from 6 days ago (free link), the Kremlin is recruiting fighters to replace the Wagner forces in Africa. They hope to have recruited enough men by summer 2024.

- the article implies that Russia's Wagner African forces have dwindled in the meantime

- this CNN article from September mentions that Sudan's gold has been extremely beneficial to Russia in avoiding harsh impacts from Western sanctions.

- It also quotes Ukraine's Foreign Minister: “Russia is trying very hard to keep countries in its orbit through coercion, bribery and fear… Russia has two tools for its work in Africa, the most powerful ones are propaganda and Wagner,” Kuleba said in a recent interview with Agence France-Presse. “Our strategy is not to replace Russia but to free Africa from Russia’s grip,” he added.

- in the reddit thread attached to the interrogation video someone wrote that the video has the wrong translation and that the Russian says he came from the Central African Republic. In fact the Kyiv Post article from which this video was sourced backs this up - it has a transcript that reads CAR.

- From the same article: "Kyiv Post sources inside the special services of Ukraine, said: 'The work on the destruction of Russian mercenaries and their local terrorist partners in Sudan is likely by Ukrainian special forces…Work we have planned [in Sudan] is being performed.'"

Also from the Kyiv Post article:

Why are Ukrainian forces operating in Sudan?

In May 2023 HUR Chief Kyrylo Budanov vowed to “destroy Russian war criminals anywhere in the world, wherever they are.” An ongoing, state-sponsored campaign by Ukrainian overseas special operators to hunt down Wagner employees deployed to Sudan would be consistent with Budanov’s promise.

Russia, along with the Wagner Group, was directly involved in the coup in Sudan in 2019, supporting Hemedti and his fighters in the conflict and supplying weapons. Wagner also delivered surface-to-air missiles to the Sudanese Rapid Reaction Force (RSF).

A senior Sudanese source told CNN in 2023 that about 90 percent of RSF weapons came from Wagner. That supply channel is still open despite the deaths of Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin and his deputy Dmitry Utkin in a plane crash in Russia, the source said.

In September, President Zelensky said he'd held an impromptu meeting with the head of the Sudanese Sovereign Council, Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, while travelling through Ireland's Shannon airport.

“We discussed our common security challenges, namely the activities of illegal armed groups financed by Russia,” Zelensky said in a post on social media.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I'm curious about the psychological effects that being a drone operator has on a person. I mean, there's killing someone in the heat of battle - there's launching a missile that you don't see the end result of - then there's straight up killing dudes who are sleeping, shitting, or begging. I'm sure the average Uke is like "don't care, get the fuck out of my country or die". But still you gotta wonder what that does to them mentally. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I think after you watch a bunch of your buddies die by Sergei's friends, you really don't feel bad fucking up Sergei.

Oh I agree. Just wonder how many of these people will end up serial killers after the war. 

I read somewhere that during the height of the war on terror, when we were using reapers almost indiscriminately in the ME and Afghanistan, that drone operators had the highest suicide rate in the armed forces. Guys sitting in an air conditioned trailer in Nevada dropping bombs on whole families half a world away in order to kill one guy in the group were having mental health struggles...whoda thunkit? 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Oh I agree. Just wonder how many of these people will end up serial killers after the war. 

At the end of WW2 the same thought occurred to many people. The Roosevelt's wife was campaigning for camps to hold all the returning military to be quarantined for a while before letting them back into the country. Soldiers came home and there was no murder or crime spike.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

then there's straight up killing dudes who are sleeping, shitting, or begging. I'm sure the average Uke is like "don't care, get the fuck out of my country or die". But still you gotta wonder what that does to them mentally. 

Years ago at a crawfish boil at my parents' house, I ended up talking to a Korean war vet.  I can't remember the exact battle/context (probably Chosin reservoir), but one of the party guests was a Korean War vet.  We got to talking, and he shared his memory of time spent in a foxhole during the battle.  Each morning, well before sunrise, he and his buddy would creep out of the hole to squat and take a crap.  After the first couple of mornings doing so (and seeing his buddies doing the same), it occurred to him that the Chinese soldiers across the way were likely also following the same routine.  SO, he started waking up just a bit earlier, creeping forward, and using the moonlight to snipe Chinese soldiers squatting to shit.  He killed several enemy soldiers using that plan.  Cold-blooded.  Which is the rule of the game.

Dude seemed fine to me.  Shooting the shit, eating crawfish, drinking beer.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I'm curious about the psychological effects that being a drone operator has on a person. I mean, there's killing someone in the heat of battle - there's launching a missile that you don't see the end result of - then there's straight up killing dudes who are sleeping, shitting, or begging. I'm sure the average Uke is like "don't care, get the fuck out of my country or die".

vJc.gif

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

At the end of WW2 the same thought occurred to many people. The Roosevelt's wife was campaigning for camps to hold all the returning military to be quarantined for a while before letting them back into the country. Soldiers came home and there was no murder or crime spike.

They also had significant time spent out processing and taking boats back across the sea - time to adjust in other words.  Not the camps Eleanor had in mind, but decompressing time nonetheless.  As I understood it, the problems during the war on terror developed from waking up, going to work in a temp building, blowing some people up and then mounting up in the mini-van and picking up the kids from daycare.  Not really analogous situation.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

They also had significant time spent out processing and taking boats back across the sea - time to adjust in other words.  Not the camps Eleanor had in mind, but decompressing time nonetheless.  As I understood it, the problems during the war on terror developed from waking up, going to work in a temp building, blowing some people up and then mounting up in the mini-van and picking up the kids from daycare.  Not really analogous situation.

Do we know if Nicole used to be one of those operators? Would be an important puzzle piece. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2