Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

11 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

It’s the leadership that had that info and thought they were too important to do some of the grunt work and delegated it to lower rank ppl who stole it. Sometimes the ppl in charge delegate the stuff they should be doing. A bunch of assholes 

This is very common in government agencies across the board. 

When I supported the exec level of an agency I reported several top level people for giving their subordinates their username and password. 

That's a fireable and sometimes jailable offense but nothing was done about it.

If the public knew what your average government desktop IT guy has access to they would shit themselves.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Thanks to all who post here. Appreciate it. @MillerEP @atomheartbevo @956 Worldwide and to all I missed. Best thread on the site until football starts and we can make fun of aggy. 

Serious. Good job folk. @blacklab @immamac  Thanks for keeping it clean. 

In fairness, Russian and A&M football eerily similar, if less deadly, plotline.

Fairly certain you the roller coaster meme for both....

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Apologies if this has been discussed but why did this 21 YO chucklefuck have access to these highly classified docs?

Same reason Bradley/Chelsea Manning, Ed Snowden and Reality Winner had access. We’re not very good at securing info. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Apologies if this has been discussed but why did this 21 YO chucklefuck have access to these highly classified docs?

Wait until you find out the Navy's nuclear power plants on subs and carriers are being ran by recent HS graduates and college dropouts with 18 months of training.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It looked like this dude folded up hard copies of reports though?

What an embarrassing shitshow.

Yeah, he accessed them on the network, printed them off, then took them out/home.  I'm guessing he thought that was less likely to get him caught than sticking a thumbdrive in a classified computer...

14 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Do we have an idea of this kid's motive yet? Money? Love? Brainwashed true believer? 

1 minute ago, Viper said:

If you read the articles they say he wanted to show off and educate his friends in the chat. 

Somehow, it is going to end up being about pussy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, morehornsepower said:

Yeah, he accessed them on the network, printed them off, then took them out/home.  I'm guessing he thought that was less likely to get him caught than sticking a thumbdrive in a classified computer...

A lot more will come out, but it’s entirely possible that this kid was tasked with doing briefing books and shit for officers and so printing stuff out would have been normal.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Perhaps. But why the MA National Guard? That is what is odd. 

There's plenty of stuff that is pushed off to NG/Reserve units where they don't need full-time/active-duty personnel.  Things like the hurricane hunter aircraft, lots of stuff that you don't need unless you are forward deployed, some admin stuff, etc. and some intel stuff apparently.  He could have been coming in a weekend or two a month and preparing briefings for higher-ups.

• Hook 'Em 2

I read a book recently, Team of Teams by Gen (Ret) McCrystal
One thing he mentioned was, breaking down the silos that existed between organizations as it lead to intelligence being stagnant by time it could be acted upon. The detriment was your intelligence was widely accessible by a lot of people, but the benefits were you could act quickly on leads.

I wonder if the information available was to support this endeavor and that is why this person happened to be and to access it.

• Hook 'Em 2

A blurred image of a 2 year old boy being carried after the Russian strike on Sloviansk.

Spoiler

Apparently Twitter doesn't allow embedding of the tweet below for some reason.

'Kind' Russian orthodox priest suggests Russian orcs to shoot Ukrainians first, if they see any threat of them (incl. from civilians). Russian orthodox church is evil, accomplices of war criminal Putin.

https://twitter.com/WarForDemocracy/status/1646974258080538626?s=20 

• Rage+1 4

3 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

A blurred image of a 2 year old boy being carried after the Russian strike on Sloviansk.

Reveal hidden contents

'Kind' Russian orthodox priest suggests Russian orcs to shoot Ukrainians first, if they see any threat of them (incl. from civilians). Russian orthodox church is evil, accomplices of war criminal Putin.

I have a prediction about where those end up. 

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeaaaaaaah. The US always broadcasts capabilities and weapon inventory. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

If you read the articles they say he wanted to show off and educate his friends in the chat. 

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

He wanted to be cool for all the teenagers in his chat group. That simple. 

Internet rep.  Serious business.

Ummm....do not look at any of the numbers to the left of this text.  They are irrelevant, and were not the motivation for me posting, umm, "stuff" that got internet rep.  Besides, everyone had already seen her naked, I didn't publish anything that wasn't already out there.

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Reveal hidden contents

Just because the official statement is we aren’t providing with this well, form your own opinions. 

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Keep an eye out here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/14/alexei-navalny-in-critical-situation-after-possible-poisoning-says-ally

I still think someone killing this guy is a canary in the coal mine for a coup.

For a coup? Naah.  It's just Putin, putting the finishing touches on his complete consolidation of power and eliminating each and every potential threat, once and for all.  Putin has succeeded at exactly one strategy: his survival as Russian ruler for life.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

For a coup? Naah.  It's just Putin, putting the finishing touches on his complete consolidation of power and eliminating each and every potential threat, once and for all.  Putin has succeeded at exactly one strategy: his survival as Russian ruler for life.

I don’t think so.

Putin’s power is near absolute at this point. Navalny withering away in jail is no longer a threat.

He’s a much bigger threat to the next ruler in a post-Putin Russia that has to feign change in order to try and reconstitute relations with the rest of the world.

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I don’t think so.

Putin’s power is near absolute at this point. Navalny withering away in jail is no longer a threat.

He’s a much bigger threat to the next ruler in a post-Putin Russia that has to feign change in order to try and reconstitute relations with the rest of the world.

You're not wrong about your last sentence.  Or even your second sentence.  But you're not following how Putin works.

Putin has his threats down to near 0.0%.  When you've gotten things to that level, the guy who constitutes a 0.1% threat...is literally the greatest threat to your rule remaining right now.  You eliminate that threat.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, locodos said:

Taking that pledge with a big ol grain of salt

Sure, but one think the leaked docs showed- we can intercept communications like nobody’s business, even if we can’t keep them secret. If China sells arms to Russia, we’ll know. 

• Hook 'Em 1