Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Russian Man Almost Dies After Drilling Chip Inside Brain In Surgery At Home

Mikhail Raduga lost nearly a litre of blood during the four-hour surgery and was rushed to hospital.

World NewsEdited by Amit ChaturvediUpdated: July 21, 2023 2:49 pm IST

Mikhail Raduga got the idea to install an electrode in his brain over a year ago.

A man nearly died and was rushed to hospital after he tried to perform a brain surgery on himself using a handheld drill, according to a report in Newsweek. Mikhail Raduga performed the dangerous manoeuvre to control his dreams, the outlet further said. His plan was to install a microchip as part of an effort to achieve his goal. The man from Russian city of Novosibirsk shared the images of his attempt on his Twitter handle. He said he had been watching videos on YouTube that showed how neurosurgeons work.

"I bought a drill, drilled a hole in my head and implanted an electrode in my brain," he was quoted as saying by Newsweek.

Mr Raduga said despite almost dying during his operation due to blood loss, the results opened up "fantastic prospects for future dream control technologies".

"On May 17, 2023, I performed by myself trepanation, electrode implantation, and electrical stimulation of my brain's motor cortex. I needed it to test brain stimulation during lucid dreaming," he tweeted on July 18, alongside graphic pictures.

He was taken to the hospital where he received treatment for injuries. The images posted by Raduga show the Russian with multiple bandages on his face as well as an X-ray that appeared to show the electrode inside his head.

According to Russia Today (RT), Mr Raduga is 40 years old and got the idea to install an electrode in his brain over a year ago. He keeps posting information on sleep paralysis, out-of-body states and astral projection.

In June, Raduga revealed he had chosen himself as a test subject for his experiments. He had initially thought about approaching neurosurgeons, but due to factors like possible criminal liability for clinicians who performed operations, he decided to do everything by himself in his apartment, as per the RT report.

He lost nearly a litre of blood during the four-hour surgery, the outlet further said.

Edited by Bevo
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

So I'll ask the obvious question, how the fuck did Mr. Roboto manage to miss being conscripted?  He seems like a perfect fit for Russian front line infantry.  

I mean, he possessed a microchip, so he’s pretty much the top Russian scientist

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

27 minutes ago, B00M said:

I mean, he possessed a microchip, so he’s pretty much the top Russian scientist

So he is friends with Jackson Hinkle? The Bernie Bro turned Putin wanna be? Fucker is driving tanks? @MissingInAction got any of his tweets? I got blocked. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Haha 1

If we gave them everything all at once a year ago, would they have been paralyzed by having to commit so many to training on it?  Piecemeal may have allowed them to onboard and deploy the systems at a workable pace, from javelins on up?  

two consequences of that would be to make russia look good against our mil tech, and/or Russia sweeps in and wins quickly and has its hands all over the stuff we sent. 

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Dude, they already have M-4's and Bradleys. This is our old shit. HIMARS came out in the 1980's You think Iran did not already raid hit points and report back? We lost F-16's in Iraq and Afghanistan, crash sites were not always secured. 

And who knows what the Saudis let the Russians look at.

But I do agree with @Pato del Muerto on a lot of it - I think when things kicked off and in the immediate aftermath, it was best to try and get everybody together and send all of the ex-Soviet stuff to the Ukrainians, as that was what they could use right then and there, whether it be ammo or hardware/vehicles, all the while we were reassuring allies that we'd backfill their Soviet stuff with American (or other EU) hardware. The Ukrainians didn't have to train up or build new logistics chains for the Soviet stuff.

With that said, we should have had pilots already in the NATO training pipeline last year, since we all saw the need for it long ago, and we should have sent ATACMS with the HIMARS, but oh well.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And who knows what the Saudis let the Russians look at.

But I do agree with @Pato del Muerto on a lot of it - I think when things kicked off and in the immediate aftermath, it was best to try and get everybody together and send all of the ex-Soviet stuff to the Ukrainians, as that was what they could use right then and there, whether it be ammo or hardware/vehicles, all the while we were reassuring allies that we'd backfill their Soviet stuff with American (or other EU) hardware. The Ukrainians didn't have to train up or build new logistics chains for the Soviet stuff.

With that said, we should have had pilots already in the NATO training pipeline last year, since we all saw the need for it long ago, and we should have sent ATACMS with the HIMARS, but oh well.

Agree. Log and maintenance are key. But fuck it, if we for 105's sitting in hood we are not going to use, let the North Dakota Guard fly them over. 

I saw more than 1 Bradley hammered in Helmand. We did not do full recovery before the Taliban wives did. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Bevo said:

What were they doing, a touch and go landing? I don't get it. The plane landed and then didn't slow any. Even if the breaks failed, couldn't they use reverse thrusters?

breaks were definitely involved. the wings, the fuselage, the bodies of the men inside.  lots of breaks.

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Bevo said:

What were they doing, a touch and go landing? I don't get it. The plane landed and then didn't slow any. Even if the breaks failed, couldn't they use reverse thrusters?

they were about 2/3 of the way down the runway when they touched down (probably just short of where the 1.00 mi is on the pic).  it's a mile and a half runway and there's only half a mile left.  so even if the brakes and reversers worked that might not have been enough room.  pilot was probably trying to execute a missed approach but should have done so earlier.

image.png.93aa63dd901bd796b752c6a72e6cdf28.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bevo said:

Mikhail Raduga lost nearly a litre of blood during the four-hour surgery and was rushed to hospital.

World NewsEdited by Amit ChaturvediUpdated: July 21, 2023 2:49 pm IST

Mikhail Raduga got the idea to install an electrode in his brain over a year ago.

A man nearly died and was rushed to hospital after he tried to perform a brain surgery on himself using a handheld drill, according to a report in Newsweek. Mikhail Raduga performed the dangerous manoeuvre to control his dreams, the outlet further said. His plan was to install a microchip as part of an effort to achieve his goal. The man from Russian city of Novosibirsk shared the images of his attempt on his Twitter handle. He said he had been watching videos on YouTube that showed how neurosurgeons work.

"I bought a drill, drilled a hole in my head and implanted an electrode in my brain," he was quoted as saying by Newsweek.

Mr Raduga said despite almost dying during his operation due to blood loss, the results opened up "fantastic prospects for future dream control technologies".

"On May 17, 2023, I performed by myself trepanation, electrode implantation, and electrical stimulation of my brain's motor cortex. I needed it to test brain stimulation during lucid dreaming," he tweeted on July 18, alongside graphic pictures.

He was taken to the hospital where he received treatment for injuries. The images posted by Raduga show the Russian with multiple bandages on his face as well as an X-ray that appeared to show the electrode inside his head.

According to Russia Today (RT), Mr Raduga is 40 years old and got the idea to install an electrode in his brain over a year ago. He keeps posting information on sleep paralysis, out-of-body states and astral projection.

In June, Raduga revealed he had chosen himself as a test subject for his experiments. He had initially thought about approaching neurosurgeons, but due to factors like possible criminal liability for clinicians who performed operations, he decided to do everything by himself in his apartment, as per the RT report.

He lost nearly a litre of blood during the four-hour surgery, the outlet further said.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3