Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

24 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I hope the Russians love their children too. 

I think they do. Also- these aren’t religious fanatics who are looking forward to a better afterlife and ready to do this in Gods name. These are Orthodox Christians or secular humanists. Can’t imagine many of them have a jones to bring on Armageddon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

no way nukes happen. it’s not like Ukrainian forces are at the gates of Moscow.  

Putin absolutely will use nuclear weapons. I will not be surprised if Ukraine receives one within two weeks. Putin calculates America won’t nuke Russia and end the world over a non-ally and he is right. 

Remember Russia can deploy nuclear weapons from a submarine and hit anywhere in the world while launching them far from any coast. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1 - chaos is danger. A rabid dog cornered will bite. We’re about to enter the most dangerous phase of this. Putin needs to be killed from inside, and soon.

This is very dangerous. Freezing/seizing their overseas FX reserves, crashing their currency overnight. Aren’t those essentially declarations of war in themselves? 

They’re widely supported by governments around the world, but we   will definitely be seen as the instigators of these by Putin. I’m afraid we’re going to feel some consequences here soon.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, troph said:

Wiki not a bad place to start learning about tactical nukes… bad news, bad news, just not end of the world news, could be end of Ukraine news though.  Furk.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactical_nuclear_weapon

need a Russian to step up and make the history books. 

If you really want existential dread, there’s a site that shows the blast radius for various bombs and cities:

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Putin absolutely will use nuclear weapons. I will not be surprised if Ukraine receives one within two weeks. Putin calculates America won’t nuke Russia and end the world over a non-ally and he is right. 

Remember Russia can deploy nuclear weapons from a submarine and hit anywhere in the world while launching them far from any coast. 

I mean- we need to have attack boats all over their shitty nuclear subs. The second a tactical nuke is launched we literally need to have all of their subs on the bottom of the ocean in a coordinated way and all at the same time. Their subs still suck compared to ours, right?  I can’t imagine their navy is in any better shape than their army as it’s even harder and more expensive to maintain and harder to keep top notch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

If it can be shown he actually did it and "failed" in his attempt?

I cant come up with a scenario where isn't killed by his own staff before everyone else goes for them.

If he goes nuclear and succeeds it becomes a very weird game of deterrence and maybe short-range tactical strikes tied back some version of MAD. If he tries and fails or is stopped by another country's superior technology, then MAD is not on the table and now he can be labeled as a psychopath that needs to be put down from within before the rest of the world does it for their own protection.

A guard dog can attack an intruder and people will still fear him, a rabid dog has to get put down.

Well, my understanding is that an attempt at launch failure or otherwise would automatically trigger Article 5 presuming the launch is at a NATO target (fallout included).  At that moment, it would become a NATO command decision.  The French are in command of a ground response, though I'm not sure who would be in command of Air (I would have to imagine either the US or UK).  A NATO directed nuclear retaliatory strike I would also think would be either US or UK, possibly France.  I'm certain that whoever was authorized to strike by NATO would then have to be verified by that nation's Commander in Chief or equivalent.  

Where this gets a bit tricky is that while I'm sure we done some war game scenarios with this sort of thing, to my knowledge we've never been remotely this close to actually having to do something like this.  

4 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

A modern military has fuck all to do with a successful occupation, other than as a repressive police force until the ruling regime is stabilized. Which should be figured to be a decade at least

A decade?   How about two?   Asking for a few Iraqi and afghan friends?

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

If Putin drops a nuke, it’s the end of Russia 

I mean- I hope not. I don’t want to see 8 figure casualties in Russia, even if their leader drops a nuclear weapon.  Most of that country is as much a victim of him as most of the rest of the world. I’d like to think we’d give the Russian people a few hours to do what needs to be done on their own. 
with him talking like this they should already be on that. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- we need to have attack boats all over their shitty nuclear subs. The second a tactical nuke is launched we literally need to have all of their subs on the bottom of the ocean in a coordinated way and all at the same time. Their subs still suck compared to ours, right?  I can’t imagine their navy is in any better shape than their army as it’s even harder and more expensive to maintain and harder to keep top notch. 

So why are we escalating to the point that Putin using nukes is being tossed around like a decent possibility? 

I’m rooting for Ukraine to stay free and Putin to get fucked, but why is this time different from all the other times Soviets/Russians have intervened in their neighboring states and we were more subtle in our actions?

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- I hope not. I don’t want to see 8 figure casualties in Russia, even if their leader drops a nuclear weapon.  Most of that country is as much a victim of him as most of the rest of the world. I’d like to think we’d give the Russian people a few hours to do what needs to be done on their own. 
with him talking like this they should already be on that. 

there wouldn’t be a nuke response, but the world response would end them 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

So why are we escalating to the point that Putin using nukes is being tossed around like a decent possibility? 

I’m rooting for Ukraine to stay free and Putin to get fucked, but why is this time different from all the other times Soviets/Russians have intervened in their neighboring states and we were more subtle in our actions?

Because the EU (and now most of the rest of the world) has said "no more".  It's not that complicated.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Because the scenario I was responding to presupposed Putin already used nukes. Once that seal is broken all of his nukes need to be on the bottom of the ocean. 

but why is this time different from all the other times Soviets/Russians have intervened in their neighboring states and we were more subtle in our actions?

Because Zalenskyy and his Ukrainian boys have balls of carbon fiber and are emboldening and encouraging everyone else to have some balls too, because in comparison the cowardice is embarrassing.

Just now, Immaculate Vibes said:

Putin is a dead man at this point.  Its just a matter of how, not if.  Cognitively impaired Putin would even recognize this.  Basically, if he agrees to pull out his troops, he dead because the Oligarchs will kill him for blowing their money.  If he orders a withdraw, its not as if the SWIFT removal will be stopped.  

If he doesn't withdraw, odds keep going up that either the Oligarchs kill him, or he faces a full blown revolution and he gets Gaddaffi'd (stabbed in the ass to bleed out in a sewer).  

If you know you are a dead man, and selfish prick, do you care about a launching nukes?  Who the fuck knows, maybe something will stick in your favor.  I think we are at this point.

1 minute ago, bluto said:

I’m glad you clarified this

Only because if you question anything here people flip out. 

I’ve just realized over the last day or so that most of the country has been whipped into a frenzy over this. I think that’s dangerous as well when we’re not under an existential threat. This isn’t China and Taiwan. Just my 0.02  

• Fuck You 2

16 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

This is very dangerous. Freezing/seizing their overseas FX reserves, crashing their currency overnight. Aren’t those essentially declarations of war in themselves? 

They’re widely supported by governments around the world, but we   will definitely be seen as the instigators of these by Putin. I’m afraid we’re going to feel some consequences here soon.  

The only part of a declaration of war not made on Russia by the west are (1) no troops used in combat (but weapons, intel, support of every other kind of act of war is happening), and (2) no actual words saying “the West declares war on Russia” have been stated. 

1 minute ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Only because if you question anything here people flip out. 

I’ve just realized over the last day or so that most of the country has been whipped into a frenzy over this. I think that’s dangerous as well when we’re not under an existential threat. This isn’t China and Taiwan. Just my 0.02  

Go buy some crypto. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Keef said:

Take this for what it’s worth, but I have a family member with 20+ years in Navy intel services. He texted the family that he’d recommend getting 2 weeks of emergency supplies in case of a cyber attack against the grid. Pretty measured guy, so wanted to pass along. Scary times. 

I just withdrew as much cash I could from my accounts via atms tonight. Already have some cash at home, but not a bad idea to add. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Keef said:

Take this for what it’s worth, but I have a family member with 20+ years in Navy intel services. He texted the family that he’d recommend getting 2 weeks of emergency supplies in case of a cyber attack against the grid. Pretty measured guy, so wanted to pass along. Scary times. 

got the same from my dad who spent 35+ in special operations, most intel. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, troph said:

The only part of a declaration of war not made on Russia by the west are (1) no troops used in combat (but weapons, intel, support of every other kind of act of war is happening), and (2) no actual words saying “the West declares war on Russia” have been stated. 

I assume the US could crush with cruise missles and drones 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Putin changed the nuke status because he was unhappy with the sanctions placed on his country. I don't see how you can state that we are escalating things when we basically didn't do jack shit until the Ukraine defended its country better than anyone expected and the world had time to rally around the Ukrainians.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Bevo said:

Putin changed the nuke status because he was unhappy with the sanctions placed on his country. I don't see how you can state that we are escalating things when we basically didn't do jack shit until the Ukraine defended its country better than anyone expected and the world had time to rally around the Ukrainians.

Seizing the Fx reserves is what I was referencing. 

• Fuck You 1

All of this “no troops” talk but Putin said any interference would lead to… make no mistake this is a proxy war directly with Russia. It’s not two proxies, they are in it neck deep and we are using Ukraine as a proxy, justified for sure but a decade of training, recruiting, preparing, equipping and now we are their supply chain. This is a US proxy war against Russia directly. And our success (taking NOTHING away from Zelensky and his military) is going to lead to an escalation to deescalate unless Putin gets territory and more. That’s not going to happen, so we need to be prepared. If he isn’t taken out the chance of tactical nukes in Ukraine are probably greater than 50/50. 

So I hate linking to Rus propaganda sites but here is Putin's response about nuclear escalation from an interview a few years ago.  I know there is some gamesmanship here but it's still a bit chilling to listen to.

Hope we have a hotline to some of his subordinates making it clear we only want Putin. He may be crazy and delusional to go nuclear but the guys turning the keys are not and that they outta know that they and the rest of Russia are going to get wrecked. Don't destroy everything because of one psycho.

• Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй