Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

What theoretically happens if Putin launches a nuclear weapon and it doesn’t detonate or is intercepted? Does that mean everyone goes in on Russia? 

He’s launching all of them at once. It’s the only move left.

Dropping a small one just escalates a ground war he knows he can’t win. He can only assure no one wins.

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

What theoretically happens if Putin launches a nuclear weapon and it doesn’t detonate or is intercepted? Does that mean everyone goes in on Russia? 

If it can be shown he actually did it and "failed" in his attempt?

I cant come up with a scenario where isn't killed by his own staff before everyone else goes for them.

If he goes nuclear and succeeds it becomes a very weird game of deterrence and maybe short-range tactical strikes tied back some version of MAD. If he tries and fails or is stopped by another country's superior technology, then MAD is not on the table and now he can be labeled as a psychopath that needs to be put down from within before the rest of the world does it for their own protection.

A guard dog can attack an intruder and people will still fear him, a rabid dog has to get put down.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Oh, that basic?  Yeah, I would think they'd at least teach the Big 5 from the board game.  Our teacher got into Italy, Spain, Finland, Vichy French, China, et. al.  You can't cover every country but you can certainly cover the big ones and how everything shook out after the war across 4 major continents plus the Middle East.  They should obviously cover the Holocaust, but I think they should also go into black/hispanic contributions to U.S. Armed Forces, what happened to the citizens of North Africa during the campaign there, and the other elephant in the room-Japan's racial superiority complex about themselves as a people led by a living God meant to conquer the whole of the Pacific.  And of course the incompetence of the Italian military due to being led by Italians. 

Anyway, the cognitive dissonance at the start of this conflict by some was puzzling.  Russia can invade and take over huge parts of Ukraine because they're basically Russian anyway and want to be part of Russia?  But Russians have never looked at Ukrainians as their equals, and Ukraine has been separating themselves from Russia and embracing Europe/"The West" for decades at almost every opportunity.  So Russia's invasion then quickly gets pivoted as a peacekeeping mission to keep Ukrainian nationalists from attacking innocent civilians who just wanna break off and rejoin Russia?  Now it looks like a haphazard "test the water" maneuver by Russia.  This whole thing'll end up being just a misunderstood fraternity prank by the time Putin and his apologists are done with their mental gymnastics.  

tl;dr---don't be surprised when a nation of people you've been shitting on for 100 years (70 of those as part of our Soviet Republic) fight back after you tell the world they want to be part of your country again and you're just invading them because it's what they'd want.  Putin sounds like an abusive husband, "I only hit you because I love you."  They viewed Ukrainians as ethnically inferior to them.  Now that hate is coming back to haunt them.

But again, it’s more mixed than that. Krushchev was Ukrainian. Under his leadership Crimea was given to Ukraine control. 

I’m not saying it was all milk and cookies, but a good loyal Communist could absolutely reach the highest echelons of power in the USSR as a Ukrainian. As a generalization there’s some truth to it, but like with all generalizations it’s also not as universal as you’re making it out to be here. Especially regarding the Russian speaking eastern side. 

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

But again, it’s more mixed than that. Krushchev was Ukrainian. Under his leadership Crimea was given to Ukraine control. 

I’m not saying it was all milk and cookies, but a good loyal Communist could absolutely reach the highest echelons of power in the USSR as a Ukrainian. As a generalization there’s some truth to it, but like with all generalizations it’s also not as universal as you’re making it out to be here. Especially regarding the Russian speaking eastern side. 

I didn't intend to make it universal and sweeping.  i understand the historical nuance of what you're saying and have read a good bit about it myself (I'll defer to you).  I was merely making some quick comments because this thread is moving so fast, we can't do a 30 paragraph getting into the details.  But I think a great deal of what you're saying is relevant to the battles happening right this minute.  I just don't like Russia.  There's an ethnic history of tension between the two, not just borders and resources.  Back to thread...

2 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

They going to let them park them at NATO bases? Because if you park them in Ukraine, they'll be rocketed within the hour too.

I don’t see any way that doesn’t trigger an all out war with NATO. Its already dancing right up to the line. 

4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

They going to let them park them at NATO bases? Because if you park them in Ukraine, they'll be rocketed within the hour too.

Ukraine has open and functioning air bases still up and running.  Mainly in the Western part of the country.  Not sure how many pilots they have.

6 minutes ago, Constant said:

I’m of the opinion that if you’ve got it, post it. Duplicates aren’t the worst thing in a thread like this. For the most part it has been a direct pipeline to information and unique insights only a message board of football nerds could provide. 

Fuck Russia. 

Some days you’re alright. 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй