Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

50 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

They going to let them park them at NATO bases? Because if you park them in Ukraine, they'll be rocketed within the hour too.

Who’s got a surplus of Soviet era fighters? Poland? Germany? This isn’t Independence Day where some mad Ukrainian crop duster mounts up on an F18 after a crash course in modern avionics. 

I suspect Russia may lash out at those countries in some manner first if they’re really in “Why the Fuck Not?” mode.  

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

A decade?   How about two?   Asking for a few Iraqi and afghan friends?

Again, not going to get into it in detail, but that was a complete failure on the part of US occupation strategy. Could have been there a hundred years and it wouldn’t have made a difference. Never had a plan, from the get go. Never had competent leadership. Study how MacArthur treated the Japanese population and how he led the occupation there versus all the bullshit surrounding both Afghanistan and Iraq. Night and day. And MacArthur didn’t exactly become a nativist. He just knew how to be a benevolent dictator. Was made for it in certain ways, frankly. 

It’s not about the amount of time. It’s not about the boots on the ground. It’s not about effectively meeting local needs with local solutions, all while educating the populace and introducing and ingraining the concept of the rule of law. It’s about all of these. And if you miss any of these pillars, you’re going to get fucked. The US didn’t have the boots on the ground. They solved contractors’ needs for massive cost plus purchases through government contracts with no understanding or caring of what the people on the ground actually needed. They never bothered enacting huge public education campaigns - and why not? Our own system is completely fubared in a few dozen ways. They never had a goal of creating a professional, independent judiciary system. They never created an effective professional, locally run bureaucracy.

There was never a time during the long years of occupation of either Iraq or Afghanistan it had a scintilla of a chance at success. You can tell your Iraqi and Afghan friends that, but they already know. They’ve always known. They experienced it first hand. 

It’s starting to happen.   This is just the beginning 

Key policy points from Scholz: - over 2%/GDP for defence - €100bn special fund for defence - two new LNG terminals - supplementary coal and gas reserves - accelerated renewables roll-out - new Bundeswehr deployments in NATO eastern flank states

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Keef said:

Take this for what it’s worth, but I have a family member with 20+ years in Navy intel services. He texted the family that he’d recommend getting 2 weeks of emergency supplies in case of a cyber attack against the grid. Pretty measured guy, so wanted to pass along. Scary times. 

10 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

got the same from my dad who spent 35+ in special operations, most intel. 

So should I bunker down in Terrell County, Menard County, Culberson County, or Dawson County? Menard has tons of pecan trees but those might get irradiated. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Again, not going to get into it in detail, but that was a complete failure on the part of US occupation strategy. Could have been there a hundred years and it wouldn’t have made a difference. Never had a plan, from the get go. Never had competent leadership. Study how MacArthur treated the Japanese population and how he led the occupation there versus all the bullshit surrounding both Afghanistan and Iraq. Night and day. And MacArthur didn’t exactly become a nativist. He just knew how to be a benevolent dictator. Was made for it in certain ways, frankly. 

It’s not about the amount of time. It’s not about the boots on the ground. It’s not about effectively meeting local needs with local solutions, all while educating the populace and introducing and ingraining the concept of the rule of law. It’s about all of these. And if you miss any of these pillars, you’re going to get fucked. The US didn’t have the boots on the ground. They solved contractors’ needs for massive cost plus purchases through government contracts with no understanding or caring of what the people on the ground actually needed. They never bothered enacting huge public education campaigns - and why not? Our own system is completely fubared in a few dozen ways. They never had a goal of creating a professional, independent judiciary system. They never created an effective professional, locally run bureaucracy.

There was never a time during the long years of occupation of either Iraq or Afghanistan it had a scintilla of a chance at success. You can tell your Iraqi and Afghan friends that, but they already know. They’ve always known. They experienced it first hand. 

That’s my whole point.   Germany and Japan were two industrialized nations broken after a world war.  We’re the Russians to try and occupy the Ukes it would be akin to the Iraq and afghan occupations.  A slow bleeding from a defiant civilian force…for which the military is ill equipped to handle.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I haven’t posted much about Putin himself so this is as god as time as any. 

Vladimir Putin is no mastermind. He is clever and had great political instincts (until recently) but he’s not very smart. He does not think things through. He gets an idea, acts on it, and then figured out later how to manage the situation he created. His KGB training didn’t allow for thinking things through and the fact he was plucked out to be a leader was a little luck and a lot of happenstance and nothing really to do with his mindset.

I know quite a few who have had to deal with him/his admin directly. They all say he’s not all that bright. 

The other guy voiced the Ukrainien version of Paddington Bear. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, troph said:

And remember what Rubio who has been nails accurate and is likely an official outlet of US intelligence - Putin is off and not the same. Dangerous times indeed. 

Yea this is what has me slightly worried. Rubio’s last few tweets are not optimal. 

Having gone three days without power last year I don’t need a cyber attack or EMP in 2022. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Yea this is what has me slightly worried. Rubio’s last few tweets are not optimal. 

Having gone three days without power last year I don’t need a cyber attack or EMP in 2022. 

More likely that happens in the EU than here, at least from a widespread perspective.

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Maybe. Mom was also a bad ass. Spent a few years working on my own in Bosnia (hence knowing Ruskie doctrine) and about 7 years in Afghanistan. I just follow this shit, read a lot, and like to think when running. 

Interesting. Quite the background.  

What’s your take on the more aggressive financial actions we’ve taken like freezing CB assets? 

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Maybe. Mom was also a bad ass. Spent a few years working on my own in Bosnia (hence knowing Ruskie doctrine) and about 7 years in Afghanistan. I just follow this shit, read a lot, and like to think when running. 

You’re a pretty cool guy. I like anyone that likes to think. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, troph said:

You’re a pretty cool guy. I like anyone that likes to think. 

Appreciate it. I like your posts. 

So back to Ukraine. I always thought they could hold west of the river, but not like they have. Damn impressive. This morning there will be telling. I think they hold and the Russians end up asking for a ceasefire. 

Fuck Putin and Belarus. 

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

That’s my whole point.   Germany and Japan were two industrialized nations broken after a world war.  We’re the Russians to try and occupy the Ukes it would be akin to the Iraq and afghan occupations.  A slow bleeding from a defiant civilian force…for which the military is ill equipped to handle.  

I guess at this point I don’t see how a Russian occupation happens. I also don’t see how they’re similar. Iraqi people welcomed US troops as liberators. US special forces used local tribes as force multipliers against the Taliban. There was a huge amount of support and good will. 

I’d also say Ukraine is way closer to Germany and Japan than it is Iraq and Afghanistan. 

Not to mention Russia has always had different objectives regarding occupying foreign states than the US. They prefer repressive states subordinate to the Kremlin, with the use of force when it’s not acting appropriately subjugated. That’s a different type of occupation. 

Again, the military doesn’t have any real solutions to solve an occupation. That has to be done on the civil side. The ONLY thing ANY military can do is act as a police force in a police state. Trying to make an occupation into something that needs a military solution will always end in failure. Except genocide. That’s the one exception. And that’s certainly been done plenty of times before. 

https://revcom.us/a/027/vietnam-destroy-village.htm

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1562125/archaeology-news-evidence-genocide-roman-empire-ancient-history-spt

https://phys.org/news/2009-12-evidence-unearthed-mass-cannibalism-neolithic.html

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

So back to Ukraine. I always thought they could hold west of the river, but not like they have. Damn impressive. This morning there will be telling. I think they hold and the Russians end up asking for a ceasefire. 

Fuck Putin and Belarus. 

I want to hear that bagpipes started playing and the Ukrainians counterattacked.

• Hook 'Em 1

We have plenty of water, going to grab some rice and beans (x5) and some charcoal under the radar the next day or so just in case. Guns and ammo covered. We have our rv generators too, might grab some petrol for them. 

There’s wild overreaction and then there’s this. Cool your jets turbo you’re starting to sound like Brisket
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck Putin and Belarus. 

I know no troops but this is a US backed war and one we’ve been preparing for on the ground for a decade with a receptive military. We tried in Iraq and Afghanistan but in Ukraine it actually worked. I was surprised too until I started changing how I see this. Ukrainian military is essentially a sixth branch of the US military in a lot of ways. I’m thoroughly impressed at how prepared and disciplined they’ve been. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Have to think Rubio is attempting to communicate with Russia military as much as anyone else.  It's not like it's a secret he's the public mouthpiece for US intel.  I read some of these as making it clear that we know Putin is the problem/loose cannon.  Not Russia.   In case anyone wants to be a hero.

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй