Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

16 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Realistically, you just gotta take out some at the front and plug it all up.  Then take out the guys moving to side roads.

I bet they were picking out the biggest fuel truck or somesuch. Long-term, no fuel = a bunch of hungry dudes wandering around trying to swap the tank keys for a bowl of stew. 

2 hours ago, Shady Ray said:

Absolutely fascinating article out tonight in Focus, one of the two big national mags. Summarizes the events of today, which wrt German society, is an unbelievably significant day. I have counted no less than half-a-dozen commentators on TV tonight saying to the effect, "We are now leaving our post-war pacifism behind." 

Full thing is worth the read...but the highlights:

Putin's war has changed Germany. It took a whole four days for Germany to postpone its foreign policy axis. It is a historical course correction. If you should give a headline this Sunday, it might be this one: The 27th. February 2022 is the day of Germany's self-liberation.

In any case, it is much more than what the Chancellor called a "turn of the century" in the Bundestag: It is no less than the largest course correction in Germany since the rearmament of the country in the 1950s.

Energy security becomes the yardstick of our national sovereignty. A European defense community becomes conceivable. And the realization that Germany's security cannot be defended without nuclear weapons was openly expressed by the German chancellor. A Social Democrat.

Merkel has been tinkering with an illusion for years

Merkel is not only an architect of Russia politics, who is now in ruins, but she has worked together with today's Federal President Frank Walter Steinmeier for years on the illusion that "dialogue" can take place without military deterrence.

reality is a bitch, ain't it.

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Even if all of that is true, the sheer size of the Russian Air Force and more specifically their bomber force should provide a hammer for anything within 50 miles of the border. 

Is the Russian missile  tech that out dated or is the willpower to employ it nonexistent? There is no logical reason one of the largest militaries in the world cannot control the skies 50 miles from thier border when the US has not deployed tactical air assets to stop them.

This should be an ugly brutal affair with Russia bombing to oblivion any obstacle close to hampering their advance and yet we see this instead? Maybe the myth of the Russian military might is true, but to me this seems like there is something else to this beyond a paper tiger and uninterested troops.

Im happy Ukraine is holding on and Russia is getting trounced, but something is not lining up. 

Russian Long Range Aviation was allegedly brought in yesterday. We talked about it some with @FartingMonk, that is an expensive way to deliver cruise missiles and it means that they likely are running low on land and sea based missiles. 

Without full control of the skies (which they don’t have) they aren’t going to load up gravity bombs and risk losing those assets.  They are also part of Russia’s strategic deterrent. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

And there goes the ruble.

Not as far as I expected truthfully and  I am really curious what happens tomorrow here in the US once the big boys have a night to price in the Asian markets. I am expecting to see the rubble get hammered, probably sparked by additional reports of actions being taken by the EU and the European based banks.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Correct and then when they try to go around in a field they end up like this

These are really expensive tanks rendered useless by idiot operators and mud

My dad's commentary (he commanded Shermans in Nuremberg,during the 60s)

We reversed every other center guide on the track and it was just like we had track shoes in either mud, snow or ice! 😂❤️

We could go anywhere with 62 tons, but I do remember one tank stuck in mud up to the turret. They would make fun of you if you did that! 😂❤️

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

If you don’t think we did an amazeballs job of herding cats to get to this “fuck Putin and Russian gas and finances” point, given the myriad EU concerns and disincentives, then…..well….I strongly disagree.

Getting allies to act against their own short term self-interests (see every politician everywhere) takes carrot and stick diplomacy to 5D Chess level.

I love how you think Putin would be dissuaded from doing this because…..??

Because of two decades of shady and crappy foreign/energy policy in Europe. That includes us but mostly western Europe.  So yeah, I think we (the democratic world) could have done something to dissuade Putin. Maybe not in the last two weeks. So if y'all want to keep talking like the football field is 10 yards long and celebrate 1st downs like Baylor and OU then be my guest. Nobody is near the goalline on this one.

We are herding cats because we didn't spay the cats to begin with. Yay us!  And none of this is a conversation without the badassery of the Ukraine people. Their grit and sacrifice has allowed us to get off our assesses and try something. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Because of two decades of shady and crappy foreign/energy policy in Europe. That includes us but mostly western Europe.  So yeah, I think we (the democratic world) could have done something to dissuade Putin. Maybe not in the last two weeks. So if y'all want to keep talking like the football field is 10 yards long and celebrate 1st downs like Baylor and OU then be my guest. Nobody is near the goalline on this one.
We are herding cats because we didn't spay the cats to begin with. Yay us!  And none of this is a conversation without the badassery of the Ukraine people. Their grit and sacrifice has allowed us to get off our assesses and try something. 

14e4bbe90a63ee1d6b8785b42e49f4cb.gif
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

F427F455-AE73-4E7B-87C8-DD351E2AA12B.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

And I heard, as it were, the noise of fart: one of the four planes saying: “come and see.”  And I saw. And behold, an A10.

And his name that said on him was NATO...and HELL followed with him.  

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй