Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Game plan:

1. Tell Putin he can attend the G20. 
2. arrest him on-site for a war crime trial. 
3. congratulate the second in charge in Russia for becoming the new leader. 
4. ask this new leader if he would like to become immediately recognized by all members of the UN in exchange for exiting all of Ukraine and paying for Ukraine reconstruction. Once done, sanctions would be removed, thereby cementing his position with all Russian people. 
5. profit?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Game plan:

1. Tell Putin he can attend the G20. 
2. arrest him on-site for a war crime trial. 
3. congratulate the second in charge in Russia for becoming the new leader. 
4. ask this new leader if he would like to become immediately recognized by all members of the UN in exchange for exiting all of Ukraine and paying for Ukraine reconstruction. Once done, sanctions would be removed, thereby cementing his position with all Russian people. 
5. profit?

Not a terrible idea. 

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Say what you want, and I can't see any negatives in his death, but he's aged remarkably well, given that Firefly was over 20 years ago.

Alan-Tudyk-as-Wash-in-Firefly.jpg?q=50&f

Actually, he's really good on Resident Alien:

resident-alien-season-1-finale-alan-tudy

Alan Tudyk, I mean.  I hope old Yakov is fertilizing next year's sunflower crop.

😆

Be careful not to pick up such crap from old corpses or on the road.

The plastid into which the detonator is inserted is inserted from below. When filling the store with ammunition, as they fill up, they begin to press on the detonator, which in turn acts on the plastid and then there is an explosion

Since the beginning of the war, 59 churches in Ukraine have been damaged. The occupiers are destroying two religious buildings every day, according to the Ministry of Culture.

In addition, mosques, synagogues, Protestant churches, religious educational institutions, and administrative buildings of religious organizations were also destroyed.

Kyiv, panoramic view from the kindergarten ...

The Russians were heavily attacked somewhere in the Chernihiv region

"Our courageous defenders destroyed a powerful Russian stationary complex of electronic warfare! Thanks to this complex, the occupiers" silenced "our communications, electronics, the work of our air defense systems and drones," - said Oleg Sinegubov, head of the Kharkiv Regional State Administration

Sumy, it is difficult to say new or old Russian trough.

Kharkiv region, AZOValso caught someone 

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Say what you want, and I can't see any negatives in his death, but he's aged remarkably well, given that Firefly was over 20 years ago.

Alan-Tudyk-as-Wash-in-Firefly.jpg?q=50&f

How will Disney replace his contractually obligated role in every film?  His voicing of the squawking mccaw in Encanto carried the film.  

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Don't think so, especially after seeing him carried off to the hague

Medvedev will be safe at home in Moscow.  He'll slip into the leadership role, and nothing will change, except Russia will now act to avenge and free Putin.  Any action against Putin, if it is to have any positive effect, HAS to come from within Russia.

And that won't happen.

So, we're just going to end up with some sort of stalemate at some point.  If we're lucky.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Medvedev will be safe at home in Moscow.  He'll slip into the leadership role, and nothing will change, except Russia will now act to avenge and free Putin.  Any action against Putin, if it is to have any positive effect, HAS to come from within Russia.

And that won't happen.

So, we're just going to end up with some sort of stalemate at some point.  If we're lucky.

Maybe, but the one thing I’ve learned over the years is that egomaniacs want the top job at all costs, and if the cost is to throw Putin under the bus and pull out of Ukraine, I could easily see him do it. The number two always is willing to give up number one if they’ve got the support below them. 

4 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Thoughts and prayers?

These guys know the rules.  They are the same as with any criminal gang, since time immemorial: blood in, blood out.  There is no "peaceful retirement" path.

Fuck 'em.  Every.  Last.  One of them.  Every Russian worth $1 billion or more is a criminal, profiting off of a regime that is currently murdering a nation.  I'd be perfectly happy watching every last oligarch swing from a rope.  But for now, let's do all we can to get them to kill each other.  That saves us some work later.

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I was THIS close.....I thought he had the famous "Andropov/Chernenko cold."  I guess "heart attack" is the new thing over there now.

Given the average life expectancy of Russian males, and the state of their healthcare, I wonder if he survives this.

And that's before Putin thinks about offing him, if he didn't already.

Edited by atomheartbevo

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Make me a mod and I'll ban Lobo for 72 days.

Seriously dude, just the say the word and I'm gone.  Be a man for once in your fucking life instead of a constant source of fledgling disappointment.  

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Given the average life expectancy of Russian males, and the state of their healthcare, I wonder if he survives this.

And that's before Putin thinks about offing him, if he didn't already.

Wait...you really think he had a heart attack?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Orange&White said:

I guess I wasn't clear on what I meant by that. I know what I'd do (I'd fight) and I know that I hope that they continue fighting.

What I was attempting to convey is that I can't dictate to Ukraine/Zelensky what they should do with their own blood/sovereignty when it doesn't affect me in the slightest and I don't have to worry about my neighborhood being bombed or my family dying.

Exactly. But imagine if someone had killed your wife (that wasn't one from the divorce thread in IPIHB), and held onto one of your children (Donbas), and then said he was done fighting, what would you do? The Ukes want their pound of flesh, and it's coming. 

Let them run the Russians completely out of what the Ukes consider Ukranian territory, and let them become a NATO member that day. Keep sanctioning Russia, and never let them have the funds to rebuild their military again. 

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Deej said:

Wait...you really think he had a heart attack?

12 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

He probably did have a heart attack... while being tortured

JSD beat me to it, but yeah, I could see him having a heart attack (but it wouldn't be happening in a vacuum).  Not exactly healthy looking to begin with, and now he's going to get blamed/killed for this fiasco.  Maybe already arrested as we speak.

Lots of stress and strain.  He's probably sweating bullets every time he eats or takes a drink.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Didn't just hit a ship.

Russian warship, go fuck yourself.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Back in the original thread on TOS, there was a good bit of discussion about Novorossiya which seemed then to be Putin's goal with linking Donbas to Crimea with a land bridge but also extending west over to Odessa. In a sense, I could see him going for that while trying to paralyze Ukraine with a simultaneous attack on Kyiv, but he clearly bit off more than he could chew with this invasion. Still, you can detect its outlines by looking at the invasion map and envisioning a successful pincer move to encircle and destroy Ukrainian eastern forces.

If he were able to hang on to any wins in this lighter green area, he might be able to sell it as a victory to his domestic audience.

1280px-New_Russia_project.svg.png

A little background thanks to wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novorossiya_(confederation)

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Good article on why Russia is floundering in a lot of areas where NCOs would have normally made sure they wouldn't flounder, and why the US (and Western nations) are able to do what they do because of their NCOs.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/russia-noncomissioned-officers-us-military/

This needs way more love.

/NCOs are the US military’s greatest strength — and one of Russia’s biggest weaknesses

"You can’t eat, you can’t sleep, you can’t shoot, you can’t physically train without an effective NCO."/

This is a time when plain text robs the headline.

An organization lives and dies by the guys in the field. Treat them well. Train them well. I saw that quote of that conversation last week. (Hertling and the Rus Gen) It's no less true today.

The Russians have a clusterfuck. A 40 mile convoy was a 40 mile traffic jam. Their gear is often broken down from lack of maintenance. No food. Stealing from civilians. 

Hunker down in Mary Paul Vlad because a whole lotta pissed off people are headed your way. They might just roll right on down south. You ready Vlad? 

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Back in the original thread on TOS, there was a good bit of discussion about Novorossiya which seemed then to be Putin's goal with linking Donbas to Crimea with a land bridge but also extending west over to Odessa. In a sense, I could see him going for that while trying to paralyze Ukraine with a simultaneous attack on Kyiv, but he clearly bit off more than he could chew with this invasion. Still, you can detect its outlines by looking at the invasion map and envisioning a successful pincer move to encircle and destroy Ukrainian eastern forces.

If he were able to hang on to any wins in this lighter green area, he might be able to sell it as a victory to his domestic audience.

1280px-New_Russia_project.svg.png

A little background thanks to wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novorossiya_(confederation)

They wanted all the way to Odessa, because if they can fully annex it, they control al of Ukraine's offshore o&g deposits.  Worth a shit-ton of money to Russian oligarchs and it prevents Ukraine from competing with them for supplying Europe.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They wanted all the way to Odessa, because if they can fully annex it, they control al of Ukraine's offshore o&g deposits.  Worth a shit-ton of money to Russian oligarchs and it prevents Ukraine from competing with them for supplying Europe.

I read the same analysis about the off-shore drilling possibilities as you did. The point of posting that map was simply to show how Putin had publicly sold his future conquest in 2014 and match it up to the movements of his invasion force today and also to point out how if he were somehow able to hold onto parts of the Kherson and Zaporhizia Oblasts east of the Dnieper, he might be able to sell that as a win to his supporters in Russia. I'm speculating that with the withdrawal of attacking forces from the north that this might end up being his overall goal.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Confirmed losses from the last 24 hours.  Seems like there has also been a serious uptick in social media showing more Russian shit that's captured/destroyed over the past few days.

That certainly does appear to be the case based solely off what we're seeing on this thread. I'm not going jinx anything by saying that the Russian Army is on the point of collapse, but the rate at which we're seeing all their busted up shit does seem to be quickening. The first few days, each broken down Ural was celebrated but now I'm skimming over a lot of the legitimate destroyed tanks just to keep up.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

That certainly does appear to be the case based solely off what we're seeing on this thread. I'm not going jinx anything by saying that the Russian Army is on the point of collapse, but the rate at which we're seeing all their busted up shit does seem to be quickening. The first few days, each broken down Ural was celebrated but now I'm skimming over a lot of the legitimate destroyed tanks just to keep up.

Yeah, I'm skimming over stuff as well.

Probably tied to them going on the counter-offensive, and clearing out areas that the Russians bailed on.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, I'm skimming over stuff as well.

Probably tied to them going on the counter-offensive, and clearing out areas that the Russians bailed on.

Speaking from afar with no military experience aside from some middle school ferocious BB gun wars, I think you're right.