Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, justhookit said:

I’m in Costa Rica right now and we’ve been trying to source any Ukrainian flag to fly on our boat. I think I found a guy that can bring me one in 2 weeks. Anyone coming down sooner?

I was living in Buenos Aires when Archbishop Jorge Borgoglio became Pope Francisco. (Francis in English)

There was not a massive supply of papal flags on hand in the city, but people wanted the flag.

44FD8C4B-C9D5-452C-93B9-5CBBBD15F45B.jpeg.340ee66c68aaf11175348f9217c431ba.jpeg

What happened instead was that several people bought yellow material and white material and sewed the colors together and stuck them to a flag. And those blank yello and white flags were on balconies all over town  (Especially the wealthy parts that hate the president, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner.

In a pinch, I would go to the textile part of town (or any crafts store) and make one. It’s fairly basic. You could probably also ask a sastre shop to see you one and you could pay them. It would take them a few minutes and wouldn’t cost much. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

@Napoleon We’ve tried that. Unfortunately we aren’t in a part of the country that has much of that and we are still in high season so they are all busy with projects that make them a lot more money - they are busy making canvas boat covers, boat rain curtains, and other upholstery work. We’ll find something/someone and make it work.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, justhookit said:

@Napoleon We’ve tried that. Unfortunately we aren’t in a part of the country that has much of that and we are still in high season so they are all busy with projects that make them a lot more money - they are busy making canvas boat covers, boat rain curtains, and other upholstery work. We’ll find something/someone and make it work.

I could see this being a problem on the water. It’s probably either San Jose or nada.

Wearing one in Russia is also a potential way to get in a fight you don’t want.  Having one on isn’t quite stolen valor type cosplay; but if a drunk paratrooper or former paratrooper sees a foreigner knocking around in a telyashka he might decide to aggressively question your service history. 

This is going to be one of the long lasting effects of this special operation.  Europe is going to identify and keep out Russian assets and aggressively distance itself as much as possible.  Saw the Germans are moving their energy sourcing into high gear as well.  

There is a polar reordering going on right now which is pretty wild.  China has to be watching this with a pit in their stomach because no one would have expected a coalition with this kind of cohesion against an aggressor.  

• Hook 'Em 5

23 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Occasionally galaxy brain analysts will compare our defense budgets with countries like China or Russia and will criticize the percentage we spend on payroll/benefits/morale as opposed to “stuff.”  This shows why that is such a stupid fucking argument, because you don’t get a highly professional, experienced, competent force if you don’t make the military attractive as a career at the enlisted level. 

Hahahaha.  So there i was.  Smoked a brisket last night.  NAVSEA05.  NavSea08.  A few nukes off some boomers.  And we are like last time we thought anything this stupid the SSGNs showed up(look up China saber rattle 2010). This one sounds a bit different.

PXL_20220327_022116780.jpg

• Like 1

pT6GS_dH_normal.jpg

(Reuters) - “The season of a total Ukrainian guerrilla safari will soon begin. Then there will be one relevant scenario left for the Russians, how to survive," says Kyrylo Budanov, the head of Ukrainian military intelligence, said in a statement.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

These guys change their story on their objectives every other fucking day.  Nice to know we're not the only world power filled with idiotic cognitive dissonance.  

21 minutes ago, freyguy said:

ada80a65dfb966afcd3786ee694b908c.gif

I tried to find the Twitter thread on them and the failed initial plan. These guys rolled in like they were going to bully the people near the fountains when they go splash around. They expected to waltz in and kick out Zelenskyy. 

Fucked around with somebody besides the lone kid. Finding out now.

Edited by cactusflinthead

2 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

China has to be watching this with a pit in their stomach because no one would have expected a coalition with this kind of cohesion against an aggressor.  

Canceled a $500 million o&g investment deal  

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/03/26/chinese-oil-gas-company-cancels-500m-investment-russia-dodge/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

One of the guys is asked where he’s from and he says he is from Azerbaijan and that he “got an order.” The guys supposedly shot are asked if they are officers.  With what the captured guys are wearing, they do not look like regular Russian troops.

I would be cautious and wary of this one. To believe it’s real I have to believe these people chose to film themselves doing war crimes and then sharing it.  Not saying it couldn’t happen, but I am saying I’d need more than a post on Reddit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

One of the guys is asked where he’s from and he says he is from Azerbaijan and that he “got an order.” The guys supposedly shot are asked if they are officers.  With what the captured guys are wearing, they do not look like regular Russian troops.

I would be cautious and wary of this one. To believe it’s real I have to believe these people chose to film themselves doing war crimes and then sharing it.  Not saying it couldn’t happen, but I am saying I’d need more than a post on Reddit. 

It obviously really happened. We just don’t know if it happened in Ukraine

10 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Where's that from?

The Ukraine subreddit. There's no confirmation. We have not seen the full impact on the civilian population in Mariupol. Those blasted buildings are all we get for the most part. The few bodies that make the news are covered. There are going to be some horrific scenes that don't get shown.

Not shamed to admit, Chef Andres makes me cry. Makes me wish I’d done something like that with my life. I love feeding people. It’s one of the purest acts of giving, on an elemental, base human level. And he has turned it into a force-multiplied behemoth of good. It’s humbling to watch. He’s my favorite person on earth these days.

If we’re still thinking of “off ramps” - and we should, because we can’t let perfect be the enemy of “good enough for now,” this is an outcome I can see. A heavily militarized border between “separatist” Ukraine and Ukraine. Ukraine’s goal should be to push that border to be as close to the pre-war border as possible.

That’s….bad shit. Do I understand? Fuck yes I do. That is, purportedly, a group of artillery men who had been shelling Kharkiv, a civilian stronghold. They are war criminals, and should be treated as such…..after following the process. What the Ukrainians are doing to them is a war crime, and no matter how much we might understand viscerally why they’d do so….it should stop.

It won’t. Because war is by definition and nature an eraser of all human order and boundaries. This happens. In the blood and dirt and fire, there are very few pure good guys.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

The Ukraine subreddit. There's no confirmation. We have not seen the full impact on the civilian population in Mariupol. Those blasted buildings are all we get for the most part. The few bodies that make the news are covered. There are going to be some horrific scenes that don't get shown.

Given the stories of Russian atrocities, the intentional killing of children and elderly and such, there is going to be street justice in the aftermath.  Marines did it to captured Japanese in WWII.  My dad, a Sherman tank commander in the Battle of the Bulge, told me “we took no SS prisoners for a while after the Malmady massacre”.    It happens. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

59 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Keep in mind surrendering is frown on by RU so it could be a thing to be WIA and captured and not a surrender deal.