Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

"After launch, the missile accelerates to more than Mach 4, making it the fastest short-range surface-to-air missile in existence.It then launches three laser beam-riding submunitions, increasing the likelihood of a successful hit on the target. "  Range of 4+ miles.

Also, I'm willing to bet that they are already in place. Seems like these announcements of "future" deliveries have usually already happened.

DP5hKXZWkAAnWt_.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's almost as if holding one man in idolatry above a nation's core principles and democracy is a dangerous thing.  Surely there are no historical lessons to be gleaned.

It's going to be a shitshow when Putin is removed from office, once way or another, and that's by design - Putin wants to make it as difficult as possible to be replaced, so that people under him don't get any bright ideas.

Remember Georgy Malenkov?

If not, no biggie, he's just the guy who succeed Stalin as Premier and head of the CCCP.

Well, briefly (less than a dozen days or so), then he was replaced by Khrushchev in one and then another position, and a few years later he would try and stage a coup against Khrushchev.  For some reason, Khrushchev didn't have him killed and he lived on for another 25 years or so.

Important to note - he endeared himself to Stalin by fucking over other people jockeying for Stalin's attention, and he was also involved in carrying out Stalin's purges.

So figure out who the 2022 version of Malenkov is. And then figure out who the 2022 version of Khrushchev is, because the internal pressure in Moscow has got to be building.  Russia going to fuck around and lose Crimea at the rate they are going.   Putin won't survive that.

Confused orc technique 👀

Trostyanets liberated, Russian BMP-2 and convoy trucks destroyed.

Chornobambilavka - 12, already in rental.

Trostyanets, destroyed by Russian Kamaz Typhoon, loaded for MLRS Hurricane and BMP

Trostyanets, destroyed the Russian pontoon bridge and the trophy BMP-2

Trostyanets, trophy Russian T-80BV tank

The photo shows two captured Russian T-72s. Ukrainian tankers have already taken them to the rear. After the repair, the equipment will strengthen one of the crews. And these are not all the trophies won by Ukrainian forces during the operation to liberate this settlement.

The Russian T-72B3 tank was destroyed

Trostyanets trophy Russian tank T-80UE-1

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

'member when that dude said that when Russia ran out of trucks that the Ukes would be able to counterattack everywhere?

I 'member...

In a defensive posture it is easier to counterattack. Ukraine is not hampered by a fucked up supply chain. Just look at their troops on social media. Their morale is high, and a lot of times that means you are eating and supplied. 

I think the Orcs can go on the defensive, dig in and make any counter attacks very costly. So the question is what will the Ukraine give up? Territory? The right to join the EU and or NATO? The ports? I fear this shit is not over anytime soon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

In a defensive posture it is easier to counterattack. Ukraine is not hampered by a fucked up supply chain. Just look at their troops on social media. Their morale is high, and a lot of times that means you are eating and supplied. 

I think the Orcs can go on the defensive, dig in and make any counter attacks very costly. So the question is what will the Ukraine give up? Territory? The right to join the EU and or NATO? The ports? I fear this shit is not over anytime soon. 

the Ukes are three things the Russians are not:

1. Motivated

2. Well supplied

3. Fed

The Russians are fucked IMHO.

Edit to add and they are very good at being mobile - the Russians can't seem to do that at all. 

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, The Dog said:

the Ukes are three things the Russians are not:

1. Motivated

2. Well supplied

3. Fed

The Russians are fucked IMHO.

Edit to add and they are very good at being mobile - the Russians can't seem to do that at all. 

Exactly. It is quite telling. But can the UA dislodge them if they pulled back to easier positions to support? I mean I don't see them taking Kyiv from the west. Pull those troops back, reinforce units in the east. My thoughts early on was Putin wanted to consolidate and create a weak ass shit buffer state. How much land does the Ukraine now give him? 

31 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

A lot of those Russian conscripts that look malnourished, etc. -  I just realized that these are the same guys we see in those drunk Russian videos where people are fucking with each other, getting drunk and getting in fights, etc.

31 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

They won't give up the right to the EU.  They won't give up their ports/coastline - they've shed way too much blood, and hell the Russians can't even occupy what they've already attacked, let alone toss Odessa into the mix (which has been fortifying for the last month).

We are now in that phase that Mark Hertling and others predicted, where Ukraine would start to go on the offensive a lot more.

And as he points out here, hard for them to refit/redeploy - they will be relying on conscripts and reserves.

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Helps that the Russians keep trying to put troops/aircraft/etc. at the same fucking airports day-after-day.

It reminds me of one of the quotes attributed to Wellington about the French at Waterloo: "They came on in the same old way and we defeated them in the same old way."

Really good article about the reckoning that needs to happen for Germany.  The descriptors are telling.  “Smugness” is the big one, which hits home.  It’s been years of smugness from the German establishment that acted like Ukrainians were hysterical and maybe worse than Russia, while the U.S. was alternately scheming to destroy RU-German ties or just acting stupid.

https://www.politico.eu/article/putin-merkel-germany-scholz-foreign-policy-ukraine-war-invasion-nord-stream-2/

During the Cold War, the term “useful idiot” became a label for moderates in the West who fell victim to the communists’ credulous arguments.

From Germany’s veto of NATO membership for Ukraine and Georgia in 2008 to its pursuit of gas deals with Moscow to its resistance to send arms to Kyiv — the country’s leaders have served as Putin’s useful idiots.

All the while, the so-called Russlandversteher, the smug Russian sympathizers who populate the country’s political establishment, rejected criticism of their course, insisting they knew better while (literally) laughing in Washington’s face.

No one’s laughing anymore.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

So what will the end game look like if Ukraine is unwilling to give up land? Russia can bomb from a distance indefinitely so Ukraine can't really rebuild. Under this scenario, at some point, the west is going to get sick of giving weapons and money to Ukraine and is going to want Russian O&G. The alternative is for the West to eventually give offensive weapons so Ukraine can hit targets in Russia and Belarus. Russia would then go to WMDs if targets in its own country were hit. With those two choices, it looks to me like their will have to be a settlement in the end. What are some other options?

35 minutes ago, Bevo said:

So what will the end game look like if Ukraine is unwilling to give up land? Russia can bomb from a distance indefinitely so Ukraine can't really rebuild. Under this scenario, at some point, the west is going to get sick of giving weapons and money to Ukraine and is going to want Russian O&G. The alternative is for the West to eventually give offensive weapons so Ukraine can hit targets in Russia and Belarus. Russia would then go to WMDs if targets in its own country were hit. With those two choices, it looks to me like their will have to be a settlement in the end. What are some other options?

A lot of speculation they are running out of smart munitions and with sanctions are going to have a hard time building new ones.  RU fired over 70 missiles on the 27th and all but 8 of them got shot down so something new is in theatre.

Some idiot leaked OpSec that it will take 5 years of 3 shifts for Lockheed to replenish the Javelin stocks sent to Ukraine.

40 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Some idiot leaked OpSec that it will take 5 years of 3 shifts for Lockheed to replenish the Javelin stocks sent to Ukraine.

1) Not downplaying the challenge, but I believe our Military-Industrial Complex is up to the task.

2)  Why didn't I buy Lockheed stock last falk?  :(

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Shady Ray said:

But, the politicians recognize that this is simply not possible for the country. There were studies that came out last week in Germany from the Economics and Finance Ministries and other respected institutions that essentially said that an embargo would result in immediately collapsing the German economy with hundreds of thousands of jobs immediately gone like kraut-fueled farts in the wind.

The crux of their issue.  I and many others have stated this time and time again.  They have themselves wrapped about the axle with Russia and Putin knows it.  You overlay this with the initial thought that UA resistance would be minimal, and a war-weary West, and you see the beginnings of a plan and insight into the timing.  

• Hook 'Em 4

My guess: Ukraine is now wasteland rubble 25-50 years after russia quits whenever that is. Probably more than 50.Russia uses a boat load of their stockpile on this pointless campaign. In the mean while are also shut out from the world from an economic standpoint so now they can’t defend themselves and they can’t replenish/ rebuild.

No idea what China does in the end. Probably owns all of russia after they bail them out
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Parliament said:

1) Not downplaying the challenge, but I believe our Military-Industrial Complex is up to the task.

2)  Why didn't I buy Lockheed stock last falk?  :(

Yep, they are LOVING every minute of this.  They are also getting a box-suite view of a modern battlefield and are taking notes.  So much R&D will come from this along with freshly inflated defense spending.....the technological progeny of this fight will be significant.  It's going to be some Call of Duty/Battlefield type shit that my kid plays.  

43 Dylan's 9th Birthday: Call of Duty ideas | call of duty, army party,  army's birthday

• Haha 1

A lot of speculation they are running out of smart munitions and with sanctions are going to have a hard time building new ones.  RU fired over 70 missiles on the 27th and all but 8 of them got shot down so something new is in theatre.

What an idiot. On the other hand sounds like a good jobs program for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Russian oligarchs, those around putin, or the rest of the russian population decide they don't want to be North Korea anymore and then do the right thing.  "Putin cannot remain in power" were accurate words 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

It's unbelievable to  see such catastrophic execution in near real time.  Like watching a Tom Herman coached team run the same stupid play that doesn't work over, over, over.

Honestly it looks more like Sark taking his boy Card on the Arkansas field and the boy is pissing himself in front of the prime time sports world. 

Just a complete disaster of incompetence and fear

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

As with most things Russia does, this will hurt ordinary Russians the most. The only people who really want to go there from “unfriendly” countries are people who have family ties.  We should expect soon for Russians in Russia to get pressure to denounce/sever ties with “disloyal” family members who “fled.”

The bigger question in your scenario is: how long can Russia endure with its economy in tatters? Is a ~30-50% GDP reduction for years worth some little slivers of land?

The US defense budget alone is over $600B. We could keep sending Ukraine a billion a month in material, etc. and it would probably be some of the best ROI ever with how much we’re getting from Russia.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1