Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

A Russian vessel request fuel off the coast of Spain, this was the reply.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/ty7qle/a_russian_vessel_request_fuel_off_the_coast_of/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

The pool of Pro-putin Russian presenter Vladimir Soloviev in his villa in lake como in Italy today.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/ty9cvd/the_pool_of_proputin_russian_presenter_vladimir/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Orcs mined the washing machine. That is why it is still dangerous for Ukrainians to return home to their liberated cities.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/tyd21x/orcs_mined_the_washing_machine_that_is_why_it_is/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

You ask how Russians can do those horrible things to Ukrainian civilians? This is what they do to their own men: "For the purpose of mockery, he forced private Andrei Sychev to half-squat for 3 hours, while beating him on the legs. Doctors had to amputate both his legs, genitals, and a finger."

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/ty2zn0/you_ask_how_russians_can_do_those_horrible_things/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Ukrainian border gaurds discover abandoned munitions near the border

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/tybpm9/ukrainian_border_gaurds_discover_abandoned/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/txz0we/teaching_in_a_warzone_teacher_andriy_bovan_says/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Teaching in a warzone - teacher Andriy Bovan says "We all saw what a whole country of idiots who don't know how to think critically can lead to. Therefore, under no circumstances should the educational process be stopped"

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Story of the "stupid orc"

In the video, the orc runs away from the helicopter! Runs directly to the position of his unit! Now there is no orc or position 🔥

Trophy BMP-3, OOS.

The rating of the most popular programs in the Russian App Store has changed a lot this month.

Cheburnet is close.

In case of Russia's intention to transfer military planes to the territory of the Transnistrian Moldavian Republic, Ukrainian air defense forces will shoot down air targets - General Staff

Fuck yeah, Pink Floyd.

Music -- particularly rock -- can be at its best when it's a song of defiance.  Gimme this.  Gimme Rage Against the Machine Killing in the Name.  Gimme some Pride in the Name of Love.  It's a little thing.  But it's still a thing.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Am I wrong in thinking that a 30mm cannon should have little effect on T-72 armor?   If it does, wow.

Russian tanks have Russian tank crews so likely they had left the vehicles to go inside the nearby houses and steal shit. Then the crew had to hunker down inside the houses while the shit already piled high on their tanks burned. Then a 30mm shell hit a weak spot that doesn't exist on T-72s according to specs, but the tank was built by Russians so it's crap and the specs were written by Russians so they are lies, and what the hell, shooting tracers at tank-butts is fun.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Harpoons and Switchblades in theater.....kickass.

Man, would I love some Russian warship sinkings offshore of Odessa.....

According to the Google, the range of an air-launched Harpoon is about 120 NMi, depending on variant. The straight-line distance from Odessa to Sevastopol is about 180 NMi. A Mig 29 rigged to launch a Harpoon wouldn't have to stray very far offshore to put Russian ships in Sebastopol, or the harbor itself in range. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 11:03 AM, TexasEd said:

I suspect that they don't trust the Donbas/Ukrainian conscripts with semi-automatics.  They are pushing them to the front only one step better than the soviet tactic of sending people up without guns and telling them to pick it up from the dead guy in front of them.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

According to the Google, the range of an air-launched Harpoon is about 120 NMi, depending on variant. The straight-line distance from Odessa to Sevastopol is about 180 NMi. A Mig 29 rigged to launch a Harpoon wouldn't have to stray very far offshore to put Russian ships in Sebastopol, or the harbor itself in range. 

I kind of want to see some chipper UA blow up a tank with one....a waste, I know.  But still...

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Not wrong.

I've been to one former Soviet Republic (Armenia).  Lots about it was lovely, the people were friendly and thrilled to have people checking out their country, all that stuff.

But in terms of the infrastructure, construction, roads, all that.....within a couple of hours, I told my family "this place is just a Russian Mexico."  A year or so later, the boy and I went to CDMX, and when driving through some of the sketchier areas, he says "dad....now I get what you said when we were in Armenia."

Russia is a shithole.   The nice parts of Moscow and St. Petersburg are deceptive.  The rest of it.....was, is, and likely will always be a shithole.

Russia is a Russian Mexico. From GDP to population to corruption to infrastructure to state capacity to deliver services— they’re upper middle income nations heavily based on extractive resources. Mexico is actually likely much better administered at the top levels, whereas Russia is safer for the average citizen with more state control over violence (which is important a good reason Putin is popular).  Without nuclear weapons and an imperialist foreign policy, Russia would be exactly as important as countries like Brazil, Mexico, or Indonesia. Mexico also has a much longer list of legitimate grievances against the United States than Russia does. 

That said, I don’t think either Mexico or Russia are shitholes, there’s lots of amazing stuff and surprisingly normal life going on even in the provinces…..it’s just that the dysfunction that’s there is out in the open. 

• Hook 'Em 5

This was mentioned earlier, but here's the statement

https://www.ft.com/content/b0ed6e82-d189-45dd-9d1a-19b8174bc5ef

Russia admitted on Thursday to having suffered “significant” casualties during its invasion of Ukraine, six weeks after the war began.

“We have significant losses of troops and it’s a huge tragedy for us,” Dmitry Peskov, President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman, told Sky News. 

He said Russia had withdrawn from Kyiv and Chernihiv in central Ukraine last week as a “goodwill act to lift tension from those regions and show Russia is really ready to create comfortable conditions to continue negotiations”.

But Peskov said fighting would continue in the Donbas in eastern Ukraine, which Moscow recognises as part of a Russia-backed separatist territory.

Mariupol, the largest city in the region not yet under Russian control, will be “liberated from nationalistic battalions - we hope it will happen sooner rather than later,” Peskov said.

Two comments:

1. I doubt that the Russian government is reporting through the internal Russian media that they have significant losses

2. If they haven't taken Mariupol by now, and as Ukraine is starting to push a lot more troops/etc. towards that area, I don't think they will ever take Mariupol.  It's become Kyiv 2.0 (or Kyiv was Mariupol 2.0).

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

From an earlier post, this feeds right into the arguments that a part of this invasion is that Russia is fucked within two generations because they weren't having enough babies.  Killing kids, stealing kids.  Fucking insane.

Also......that act absolutely 100% fits into the definition of genocide:

Article II

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

1. Killing members of the group;
  2. Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
  3. Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
  4. Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
  5. Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck yeah, Pink Floyd.

Music -- particularly rock -- can be at its best when it's a song of defiance.  Gimme this.  Gimme Rage Against the Machine Killing in the Name.  Gimme some Pride in the Name of Love.  It's a little thing.  But it's still a thing.

If I recall, David Gilmour has a Ukrainian daughter-in-law, or maybe granddaughter-in-law.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This was mentioned earlier, but here's the statement

https://www.ft.com/content/b0ed6e82-d189-45dd-9d1a-19b8174bc5ef

Two comments:

1. I doubt that the Russian government is reporting through the internal Russian media that they have significant losses

2. If they haven't taken Mariupol by now, and as Ukraine is starting to push a lot more troops/etc. towards that area, I don't think they will ever take Mariupol.  It's become Kyiv  Leningrad 2.0 (or Kyiv was Mariupol 2.0).

Fixed it.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

From an earlier post, this feeds right into the arguments that a part of this invasion is that Russia is fucked within two generations because they weren't having enough babies.  Killing kids, stealing kids.  Fucking insane.

Didn't they get hit really hard by Covid too? Declining population going into a pandemic that kills a million + of your population then you decide to kill off a chunk of your already small group of males seems like a bad decision.

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Ukrainians are far more competent than the Argentinians.

And the Russias are completely incompetent.

At the very least, the Russians will be scared shitless to go anywhere near Odessa.

Argentines were competent enough to fuck up some British Navy ships and leave them on the floor of the Atlantic.  This is what I'm talking about.  Ukrainians could do that for sure with the MiG-29/Harpoon combo being discussed upthread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Didn't they get hit really hard by Covid too? Declining population going into a pandemic that kills a million + of your population then you decide to kill off a chunk of your already small group of males seems like a bad decision.

Their population is really screwed.  That span between around 1993 - 2011 is bad, as that covers their current conscript ages up through about 2030.    Even the 2011 - 2016 growth won't help them out much after 2030, as they will need a lot of them to replace the older generation in the workforce that's retiring/dying off.

Russian_population_(demographic)_pyramid

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Argentines were competent enough to fuck up some British Navy ships and leave them on the floor of the Atlantic.  This is what I'm talking about.  Ukrainians could do that for sure with the MiG-29/Harpoon combo being discussed upthread.

Agreed, although I wonder if it was helped by the British Navy being somewhat dismissive of Argentinian capabilities, although they did recognize the danger that Argentina's 5 Exocets posed (the Brits were going to land SAS forces at the Argentinian base where the Exocets were staged).

On a side note, one of the British destroyers (not sunk) was hit by a land-based Exocet as well.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Agreed, although I wonder if it was helped by the British Navy being somewhat dismissive of Argentinian capabilities, although they did recognize the danger that Argentina's 5 Exocets posed (the Brits were going to land SAS forces at the Argentinian base where the Exocets were staged).

On a side note, one of the British destroyers (not sunk) was hit by a land-based Exocet as well.

Are you saying the English could be arrogant about their capabilities?  Especially as it relates to a former colonial entity (maybe not theirs but...).

what-no.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Their population is really screwed.  That span between around 1993 - 2011 is bad, as that covers their current conscript ages up through about 2030.    Even the 2011 - 2016 growth won't help them out much after 2030, as they will need a lot of them to replace the older generation in the workforce that's retiring/dying off.

Russian_population_(demographic)_pyramid

I understand why in the older populations there would be more women than men.  But why in the younger population are there more boys/men than girls/women?  I would expect that to be 50/50 for younger (under 30ish) ages.

23 minutes ago, ABSR said:

I understand why in the older populations there would be more women than men.  But why in the younger population are there more boys/men than girls/women?  I would expect that to be 50/50 for younger (under 30ish) ages.

Emigration and/or sex selective abortion 

6 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Tuva, Mordor, volunteers who agree to become fertilizer in Ukraine. It is worth noting the incredible style of equipment

6 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Some interesting facts about this region, in 2020 it was the first in the number of murders per capita in Russia, and in 2019 - the poorest.

Holy crap, no wonder they might volunteer for war, look at the climate in their hometown:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyzyl#Climate

January AVERAGE temps are low -27/ hi -11 Fahrenheit

It's the southern edge of Russia next to Mongolia, but still Siberia.

Edited by clapclapclap
Scares ERCOT to death