Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

I posted earlier that with the visible wire, my guess is it's a Ukrainian "Skif".....similar to our TOW missile.  But who actually knows.  

Yeah, I saw nothing that would indicate a rocket.  It's like he snuck up behind it with some kind of wired charge.  In broad daylight that seems suicidal.  

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Mobile infantry does the dying, Fleet just does the flying.

Who would have ever thought that Starship Troopers would be prescient?

34 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Ask him what color is the boathouse at Benning.   Make sure he's the real deal and not some poser who will set up an ambush where the same side is shooting at each other from opposite sides of the road.

let me guess you just renewed your FLIX  late 90s subscription and The Postman, Rounders and American Pie is next in your queue ?

1 minute ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Read elsewhere it was abandoned and unsalvageable so just explosives used to destroy.

Why destroy something unsalvageable?  Why not let the Tractor Corp pick it up for some scrap value? 

Anyhow, I wasn't there so I'm sure there's  logic to it.

53 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Good point.  It's been a few years, but I was watching a podcast the other day and it said the same:  the capabilities of the Regiment today is amazing...which is why it's such a feeder for CAG.  

I was also surprised that now they have their own dedicated Tier I unit - Range reconnaissance.  Never heard of them before?

RRC or RRD. They do wild shit. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Macanudo said:
If it was just practice why get up and hustle away instead of going to check on where the target was hit for accuracy sake and post action determination?

Did you not see the turret almost landing on them? I’m guessing they add another 100 meters to engagement distance from tanks.

But that does raise the question of if it was training why didn't they empty the autoloader first?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

Chernihiv. Mass burials of civilians.
 There are hundreds of civilians here. And that's not all.
 Burn in hell, Russian freaks.

Russian fascists are still sending loot. Photo on April 7, currently the cameras of SDEKU branches are turned off.

But is Belgorod firing on itself again?

Kyiv region. The field headquarters of the Russian Federation was liquidated.

34 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

If it was just practice why get up and hustle away instead of going to check on where the target was hit for accuracy sake and post action determination?

Did you see all that shit flying in the air?  He was too close by a lot.

Also, explosions attract attention, maybe the kind you don't want.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, MillerEP said:
^Full thread here, it's long, but it's an interesting read

I really wish twitter would provide an integrated medium that allows people to express themselves in more than 280 characters. Their basic post/reply format works fine when people want the world to know that they ate $20 worth of Taco Bell and their farts smell like Satan's asshole, but its a f'n beating when trying to digest lengthy discussions. 

Wasnt there some kind of web app that would aggregate all tweets from a thread in a more readable format. I seem to remember that from the past, but cant remember what it was? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

While US federal governmental policies in general have not done anything to curb production of natural gas in the US (mainly because most natural gas production is on private land) some local state governmental policies have stopped pipeline construction, for example the PennEast pipeline was never constructed due to some knee capping by New Jersey state actions. The Keystone wasn’t a natural gas pipeline. Texas on the other hand hasn’t knee capped any natural gas pipelines to the Permian, in fact, Energy Transfers Gulf Run is finishing construction this year. 

He knows his stuff, but it’s a bit disingenuous to suggest that government policies is stopping the US from supplying Europe with gas. It takes 5 years to build an LNG terminal. It takes years to build a pipeline. Not to mention, these decisions aren’t made in a vacuum. Now there is strategic reason to export more gas to Europe that didn’t exist 5 years ago. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if the PennEast gets revived. 

Re: Governmental Policies

My bad for too general of a comment trying to meld CR correctness, catching up on Surly, and posting at 2 am.

I meant all government, from the Feds to the States, to the counties, locals, neighborhod HOA's, the NIMBY's, ad nauseam.

Ironically, President Obama's "all of the above" was the most practical energy policy in place since my time on the 40 acres.  Be flexible, keep your options open.     

I agree that large worldclass O&G facilities and large population centers should not be colocated and no pipelines through Barton Springs or across my ranch.  Other than that ... If your really against O&G development, sell your car and walk, sell your house and go live in the woods. Throw away all your plastics.   Otherwise, STFU!!! oops. Sorry.

Unfortunately, the O&G industry is a lot like Russia. They only play defense and really suck at offense.  An "Image Consultant"  at a O&G conference said there are a small handful of organizations supporting O&G devopment, and about 800 orgainizations whose only goal is to make sure you never drill another well anywhere. Play offense and get proactive. Unfortunately, that ship sailed a long time ago. Monies that should have been spent educating people went into politicians back pockets. 

Democracy works best with an educated populace. I'm continually amazed at what I hear or read coming out of "educated" peoples mouths, the same mindless dribble as an Iraqi or Russian press secretary.  That's what happens when your post college education comes from 280 character tweets, you tend to make decisions using the mental horsepower of a gnat.

The extreme polarity of US politics as it relates to energy makes me happy I'm on the back side of this and only deal with it by choice, mostly here.  Now we are reminded, again, that poor decisions and the importance of affordable energy prevails over all the basic tenants of a civilized society.  It pisses me off.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Thomas Jefferson has always been my Hero!  Add Volodymyr Zelenskyy to my list.

• Drool 1

14 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Well, Putin might as well go full Hitler and open up a second front he doesn't need to hasten his collapse. 

I would argue that Hitler did need to open the second front against the Soviet Union.  Germany's situation currently vis-a-vis Russia demonstrates why.  Does anybody think that Germany today would be able to carry out a major military operation without Russian approval?  Of course not--Russia would cut off Germany's oil and gas and cripple the country.

Well, it was no different in 1941.

• Hook 'Em 3

Azov works. Elimination of Russian tanks.

A woman in Borodyanka is waiting for her family to be pulled out of the rubble ...

Destroyed BMM "Lens"

Kyiv region, Ivankiv district, Obukhovychi village. 1/3

Another trophy, but no less interesting BMP-2D, developed in 1981 for the fighting in Afghanistan.

• Hook 'Em 1

The school № 66 in Mariupol was destroyed by the occupiers.

The hunt continues! Several units of enemy air defense equipment were seized by a group of SSOs of Ukraine during special operations. In particular, we are talking about the BPU complex BUK M1, SAM BUK M2.

Brazilian volunteers help Ukrainians beat occupiers 🇧🇷 🇺🇦

Tuva, Mordor, volunteers who agree to become fertilizer in Ukraine. It is worth noting the incredible style of equipment 🇷🇺 🤡

Some interesting facts about this region, in 2020 it was the first in the number of murders per capita in Russia, and in 2019 - the poorest.

They even stole a doghouse 🤦‍♂️

Here are the consequences of drinking alcohol looted by the occupiers.

No whole apparatus and office: video from the "demilitarized" branch of the Heart Institute in Irpen.

Rashists leave behind death and danger. If this is not the case, do NOT touch it, call the National Police or the SES immediately.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 6

11 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

this might be the ultimate @Brisketexan trap.

all the cold beers you can drink....  eventually she will look like a 3.5 

beerfest-funny.gif

Have a I constructed a similar "rock pit on the river to hold our beers and keep 'em cold?"  Perhaps. 

Have I ever consumed enough of those beers to say "why not?" when presented such a specimen of femininity?

fif-299-sized.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Am I wrong in thinking that a 30mm cannon should have little effect on T-72 armor?   If it does, wow.

Busting through the thinner, rear armor and looks like chewing up the engine.  Most of the thicker armor is on the front and sides.  

• Hook 'Em 3