Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Very interesting take on the mindset of those calling for appeasement.  It specifically calls out Germany and the EU but it could apply to individuals in the US as well.

If you want Ukraine to stop fighting it is because 1) they are doing something heroic you couldn't see yourself doing. 

Other alternatives are 2) higher prices and market instability is too big of a pain in the ass for you so Ukraine should give away their homeland. 3) You are a bully and don't like it when people stand up to bullies, it upsets your order. 4) Or possibly you are just pro Putin, maybe you owe him some money.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

The Daily Mail: Putin is preparing an important statement on May 9 to announce mass mobilization of the population for a decisive blow

It is reported that one of Putin's arguments for organizing a mass conscription into the army will be a declaration of a new war on the "Nazis" around the world.

• Rage+1 1

It's easy to get down on American culture, but I'd much rather coopt a Mexican holiday on May 5 and drink a margarita and acquire nachos, than parade around 4 days later for a madman and sign up for slaughter.

Longer and HD version of the previous video posted. As someone suggested, it's an incredible shot right into the sunroof as the guy is reversing. Provides additional context: the Russians being evacuated were hit a few minutes earlier by the drone.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It's easy to get down on American culture, but I'd much rather coopt a Mexican holiday on May 5 and drink a margarita and acquire nachos, than parade around 4 days later for a madman and sign up for slaughter.

I don't find it easy.  The USA is a shit-ton better than most of the alternatives, and this specific war and the global response to it, proves it.

America and Americans are pretty fucking bad-ass.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 8

14 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Longer and HD version of the a previous video posted. As someone suggested, it's an incredible shot right into the sunroof as the guy is reversing. Provides additional context: the Russians being evacuated were hit a few minutes earlier by the drone.

Wow, that's extremely clear and props to those drone operators (although that was a lucky-as-hell shot).

One thing that strikes me with these smaller jerry-rigged drones dropping grenades, or even just other footage where the drones are filming, the guys on the ground never notice them.  They don't even look around to see if it was a drone (maybe they assume it was a mortar).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Longer and HD version of the a previous video posted. As someone suggested, it's an incredible shot right into the sunroof as the guy is reversing. Provides additional context: the Russians being evacuated were hit a few minutes earlier by the drone.

Los Angeles Lakers Wink GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

LOL

This is awesome. I called for this early on once the war started. We need to be pushing for defectors. 

NATO should offer a visas for weapons program.  Any Russian soldier that peacefully surrenders in Ukraine gets investigated for having committed war crimes. If they’re clean and willing to hand over their passports, they get residence in their NATO country of choice and the same type of aide offered to Ukrainians forced out of their homes. They’d be Putin-created refugees, too. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Buddy from Latvia sent me this video of Switchblades tearing up tanks and helicopters.  I'm not on Facebook and can't get this thing to imbed, any help?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/kostyaicompany/permalink/361516532436528/

Think those may be the Polish kamikaze drones.  Look a little off from Switchblades but holy shit they're going to wipe RU armor out in a couple of weeks.

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is truth. The Poles are also playing their own game here, and it’s not a bad one.  They’re successfully speeding up their own modernization by pushing us to backfill what they send to Ukraine— which they wanted to divest of anyway, but now it’s on faster and more favorable terms.  They are leveraging energy concerns. The Poles have LNG terminals and just these past few weeks they have had a flurry of activity with the Czechs, who now want to build out a transit network and also possibly finance more LNG terminals on their Baltic Coast (beating Germans to the punch as Europe’s supplier).  They are now going to protect Slovak air space and will be a key partner once Slovakia gets its own F-16s.  They’ve “consciously uncoupled” from Hungary and Orban and are not only back in the EU’s good graces, they’re probably more morally credible than the Germans at this point inside the EU. 

Poland stands to emerge as a legitimate European power player and not just an eastern headache and gadfly, especially with the good will they have garnered from the Baltics down to the Hungarian border as a benign and helpful neighbor. 

Bitter Glory by Watt is a good read into Polish history. That and read Kapuchinzki if you just want to read some cool perspective on the world. Plus their vodka is damn good. 

And lets remember they broke the siege of Vienna with their Calvary. Defenders of the east. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

image.thumb.jpeg.cabf06be7630493e5f74d4aa938c99f8.jpeg

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Goddamnit.  That asshole said it was real.

That's one fucking realistic video game, graphics have gotten better since the last time I played Galaga.

It does have nice graphics, it's a fun game. Lots of milsim groups play it. I think I own it on Steam:

They look so disorganized and raggedy.
  • Like 1