Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Perhaps I read too much Tom Clancy back in the day but don't we know where all their subs are, for the most part?

Legally, it should be easy to know what they have at any time in the Black Sea. The Montreaux Convention restricts submarines to “riparian” states around the Black Sea. They have to pass through the Bosporus by day, on the surface, one are a time, and have to tell Turkey about it. So for the most part, keeping an eye on what is underwater there and has come or gone is just a matter of someone counting what comes or goes from a pretty pleasant perch in Istanbul.

I will leave it to forum bubbleheads to say what you would need to do to break the treaty and pass submerged. I imagine it would be dicey given commercial traffic.  

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Legally, it should be easy to know what they have at any time in the Black Sea. The Montreaux Convention restricts submarines to “riparian” states around the Black Sea. They have to pass through the Bosporus by day, on the surface, one are a time, and have to tell Turkey about it. So for the most part, keeping an eye on what is underwater there and has come or gone is just a matter of someone counting what comes or goes from a pretty pleasant perch in Istanbul.

I will leave it to forum bubbleheads to say what you would need to do to break the treaty and pass submerged. I imagine it would be dicey given commercial traffic.  

It is very narrow and the currents are significant from what I understand.  Seems like it would be quite difficult if not impossible.  

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Diesel subs have to be very very easy to track 

who’s going to loan them a sub Hunter ?

I think from a noise standpoint, it's dependent on the speed that they are moving.  A diesel running solely on batteries will have a VERY low noise profile, but will have to surface at some point to recharge.  Nukes can stay submerged for months, but the reactors are always running in the background, regardless of their speed.  

Some navy guys might want to opine on this?

Soldiers of the 80th Separate Assault Brigade as part of the Defense Forces in southern Ukraine defeated significant enemy forces and took prisoners. In particular, one of the destroyed Russian units is the artillery division of the 126th Separate Guards Brigade of the Coast Guard of the Russian Navy.

^Russia sending their Coast Guard in

• Like 1

An oil depot caught fire in occupied Donetsk

The fire started in the Kirov district of the city. This was reported by locals on the network.

Reasons unknown 👏

In the Kiev area found the Russian machine gunner who "got lost". Also in the Kyiv region, the police found two cars of the occupiers - KamAz and Ural. In addition, an infantry fighting vehicle BMP-2 and a T-72 tank and other equipment were found. 👇

The 21-year-old native of Tatarstan - a machine gunner of a mechanized brigade - admitted that he first got lost, and then it turned out that the "second army of the world" simply left him.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Huh.  Weird.  Trying to reconcile that with this:

So, they were split on adopting the rule for it (and I don't even know what that rule is), but then voted for the actual act unanimously?  Seems odd, but it's Congress, so.....

So in going back to @Brisketexan originally post, your Nays are:

• Biggs
  • Bishop (NC)
  • Davidson
  • Gaetz
  • Gosar
  • MGT
  • Massie
  • Norman
  • Perry
  • Tiffany

I'm not familiar with Rep. Tiffany (R-WI-7), looks like he arrived mid session on a special election.  The rest of this crew is your core pro-Russia Caucus. If it starts to grow from here, then you know something is up among the base.

And here are our heroes who regained control over the settlement of Ruska Lozova in the Kharkiv region - special forces of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine

In addition, during the operation, Ukrainian soldiers evacuated to a safe place more than 600 civilians in the village, who were held hostage by the Russian occupiers.

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Perhaps I read too much Tom Clancy back in the day but don't we know where all their subs are, for the most part?

We pretty much know where all the nuke powered ones are, we know where the diesels are when the diesels are running, and don’t know where the diesels are when they are on battery.  

during one of the libya flare ups in the 80’s Libya sent out one of its diesel boats.  There was a 688 out waiting for it and tracked it. The 688 had orders to sink it if it went to batteries. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, blacklab said:

We pretty much know where all the nuke powered ones are, we know where the diesels are when the diesels are running, and don’t know where the diesels are when they are on battery.  

during one of the libya flare ups in the 80’s Libya sent out one of its diesel boats.  There was a 688 out waiting for it and tracked it. The 688 had orders to sink it if it went to batteries. 

I was wondering when you were going to show up.  Sub talk is the blacklab bat signal

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This amount of inter-country cooperation feels unprecedented. But I have no clue how I would go about testing that feeling.  
maybe the Allies (hell maybe the axis) was like this and I’d know if I was living during it. 

Brat to the courtesy phone…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, davidg said:

ImpracticalPlumpBactrian-max-1mb.gif

A-well-a ev'rybody's heard about the bird B-b-b-bird, b-birdd's a word A-well, a bird, bird, bird, bird is a word A-well, a bird, bird, bird, well-a bird is a word A-well, a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's a word

• Hook 'Em 2

Foreign Legion 🫶

▪️ A strategically important settlement in Kharkiv region was liberated from 🇷🇺 occupiers
 ▪️ In Kyiv region, the military continues to rebuild bridges across the Irpin River

🎞 More - in chronicle 6 ⃣ 5 ⃣ days of heroic confrontation 🇺🇦 of the people 🇷🇺 to the occupiers.
 Confident victory! 🇺🇦