Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Oh yeah. Russians have a stick vehicle, and they've lodged a tree trunk or telephone pole or something in the back of the stuck vehicle, and are attempting to use a tank to push the vehicle out of the mud. There are three guys standing around, I guess to make sure the tank pushes the pole flush? Anyway, the tank rolls up, the log immediately gets pushed up atop the tank's nose, and with no resistance (the stuck vehicle/pole combo, the tank proceeds to run right the fuck over one of the soldiers. 

TLDR; Boop…splat.

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Huh.  Weird.  Trying to reconcile that with this:

The House adopted H. Res. 1065 – the rule for S. 3522 – Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022 by a vote of 220-205.

So, they were split on adopting the rule for it (and I don't even know what that rule is), but then voted for the actual act unanimously?  Seems odd, but it's Congress, so.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

So, they were split on adopting the rule for it (and I don't even know what that rule is), but then voted for the actual act unanimously?  Seems odd, but it's Congress, so.....

Haha, yeah pretty much, threw me too.

Edit: Looks like the Rule was opposed by some because it contains a separate provision extending authority to stop some other mechanisms that could be used to delay other bills, which some didn't agree to. That's as far as CR I want to get with it.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Yeah I knew what you were talking about and figured it was just some grandstanding before the real vote. 

I posted who the 10 opponents were in the CR thread so all y'all can have at it there. ;)

9 minutes ago, The Dog said:

If they are short of infantry and try to do anything involving moving their armor, the Javs are fixing to eat…

It was pretty obvious when they advanced on Kyiv with little infantry coordination, the armor got shredded by the shoulder fired antitank systems, and yet they are preparing an offensive to do the same damn thing…

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

If they are short of infantry and try to do anything involving moving their armor, the Javs are fixing to eat…

It was pretty obvious when they advanced on Kyiv with little infantry coordination, the armor got shredded by the shoulder fired antitank systems, and yet they are preparing an offensive to do the same damn thing…

Their primary war strategy is and has always been “we have/can make more X than you can blow up or kill.”  It’s not something they can just pivot away from, even in the face of proof that it’s not true. 

49 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Some of those poor fuckers are having to drive HEMTTs. Like riding a giant angry horse at a trot, for hours, except a horse will jolt you at a predictable rhythm, while a Hemmitt does it at random times.

Sounds like the rental car bus at Dulles.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

I am trying to figure out who the fuck this wackadoodle story is supposed to be directed towards?

clearly the UKa arent gonna even waste their time with this drivel.. but Russia are trying to tell someone, somewhere that the US and Poland are going to invade UKa???

like back in 1939 when Russia took the east half of Poland and Germany got the west half?

is this supposed to be some sort of rando peace offering.... OK AMERICA YOU HAVE ALL OF UKRAINE WEST OF THE DANUBE, RUSSIA GETS THE REST????

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I am trying to figure out who the fuck this wackadoodle story is supposed to be directed towards?

clearly the UKa arent gonna even waste their time with this drivel.. but Russia are trying to tell someone, somewhere that the US and Poland are going to invade UKa???

like back in 1939 when Russia took the east half of Poland and Germany got the west half?

is this supposed to be some sort of rando peace offering.... OK AMERICA YOU HAVE ALL OF UKRAINE WEST OF THE DANUBE, RUSSIA GETS THE REST????

Yes, and all along I think that was the goal. Go as far as the Dnieper and consolidate. Create a buffer state that can always be threatened. 

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Just like everybody else, I saw it coming a mile away.  But damned if it still wasn't a jump-scare when it actually did happen.

And here's the thing--these things happen in wartime.  This, the collision between to Russian helicopters that we saw a couple pages back, the accidental driving of tanks into creeks that we've seen a couple times--these accidents are going to happen when you have young men working with heavy (and often explosive) machinery in high-stress conditions with little sleep.  It happens to our military.  A huge percentage of American deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan were from mishaps.  It almost certainly happens more in the Russian military due to the lower levels of training.  But still--it's an unavoidable thing.

But they almost always happen behind the lines.  So when the Ukrainians put out their estimates of Russian deaths, they're not accounting for these.  Now, they're probably overestimating deaths.  But that overestimation is offset in whole or in part by the actual accidental deaths that can't be counted in the Ukrainian figures.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

@Bateshorn can probably explain it to us like we are 5

Christ almighty, it's like I'm sitting here talking about the legislative process with my brother's kids or something, you nerve-racking sons of bitches.

19 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

This was the plan I raised in January.  If Putin were half the statesman Stalin was, he'd have offered to partition Ukraine and Moldova with Poland, Slovakia, and Romania.  Basically offer them to undo the Soviet aggression of 1939-40.  Poland gets northwestern Ukraine (including the city of Lvov).  Romania gets back Moldova (less Transnistria) and Bukovina.  Slovakia gets back Carpatho-Ruthenia.  Russia gets the rest plus Transnistria.  

It's a good partition--Poland probably would've jumped at it.  And then you turn members of Nato into co-conspirators, which suddenly makes it very difficult for the United States and the rest of Nato to effectively oppose the partition.  

But the time for that kind of statecraft is passed.  Putin fucked up, and there are no do-overs.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh yeah. Russians have a stick vehicle, and they've lodged a tree trunk or telephone pole or something in the back of the stuck vehicle, and are attempting to use a tank to push the vehicle out of the mud. There are three guys standing around, I guess to make sure the tank pushes the pole flush? Anyway, the tank rolls up, the log immediately gets pushed up atop the tank's nose, and with no resistance (the stuck vehicle/pole combo, the tank proceeds to run right the fuck over one of the soldiers. 

Didn't see the video, but I had the distinct displeasure of seeing a guy get crushed between two M113s while we loaded on trains to move south of Seoul for Team Spirit when I was stationed in Korea.  I heard yelling and turned just in time to see it.  Haunts my dreams to this day, so I'll pass on that one.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

Like Greg Davis calling for a screen pass.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This was the plan I raised in January.  If Putin were half the statesman Stalin was, he'd have offered to partition Ukraine and Moldova with Poland, Slovakia, and Romania.  Basically offer them to undo the Soviet aggression of 1939-40.  Poland gets northwestern Ukraine (including the city of Lvov).  Romania gets back Moldova (less Transnistria) and Bukovina.  Slovakia gets back Carpatho-Ruthenia.  Russia gets the rest plus Transnistria.  

It's a good partition--Poland probably would've jumped at it.  And then you turn members of Nato into co-conspirators, which suddenly makes it very difficult for the United States and the rest of Nato to effectively oppose the partition.  

But the time for that kind of statecraft is passed.  Putin fucked up, and there are no do-overs.

Holy shit, if the Ukrainians are getting M142 HIMARS in decent numbers from us, that's going to fuck up the Russians like nobody's business - they would be hard to target by Russian aircraft, and would be waste to try and hit with cruise missiles since they are mobile.  And they have a helluva range - up to 300 miles or so.

Wonder if they will be hunting Russian generals with them.

• Hook 'Em 1