Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

7 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Fuck this pathetic mad man. I hope this is the beginning of Putin’s demise. 

I would say nope. I feel this might be a good 10yr stretch of some pretty shitty stuff for us.  At least people will learn how fucking important foreign policy is and how many Americans fought and died for what we just gave away for the last 4.5 yrs. They still wont blame the right people, but at least they’ll know how fucking stupid they were. Unless their too stupid…

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Seems like full invasion all at once ?  Or at least action all over all at once? Eastern and southern ground action confirmed? 

At the least they are hitting the largest cities and going after airports, perhaps to deny rearmament/resupply, but probably trying to shut down the Ukrainian air assets.

9 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Is Finland and Sweden on the hotline for NATO membership? I'm assuming that can be fast tracked as soon as the Ruskies make the invasion official. There needs to be an immediate message that Putins claim about NATO aggression is directly related his aggressive action.

Finland's leader has said the moment they feel threatened they are talking to NATO.

• Hook 'Em 1

I tend to think the US is hoping for a Russian quagmire and reason to take sanctions to level 11 to cripple Russia for good. Kind of a finish the Cold War without having to take them on directly. And I don’t see direct action against NATO no way. Except for nuclear he has zero chance to win. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

I would say nope. I feel this might be a good 10yr stretch of some pretty shitty stuff for us.  At least people will learn how fucking important foreign policy is and how many Americans fought and died for what we just gave away for the last 4.5 yrs. They still wont blame the right people, but at least they’ll know how fucking stupid they were. Unless their too stupid…

They’re 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Russia needs to be kicked off the UN Security Council.

I also think this is the opportunity to economically cripple Russia with sanctions.  The Oligarchs will get pissed, and I think Putin will be deposed.  

This won't happen for months, if ever.  They've stocked the cellars pretty well with foreign currency.

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Russia needs to be kicked off the UN Security Council.

I also think this is the opportunity to economically cripple Russia with sanctions.  The Oligarchs will get pissed, and I think Putin will be deposed.  

This. Throw the entire sanction book at them. 

London real estate might get cheaper 🤷‍♂️

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Shady Ray has better posts, but certain portions of the Ukrainian forces are relatively far right. Think they are called the Azov battalion. 

It's not really that. Putin is trying to paint the Ukrainians as genocidal maniacs against the Russians in the separatist. Anything to play up to the Russian general public.

1 minute ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Sanctions need to include seizure of foreign homes and real estate in London, Paris, Vancouver, etc. let’s see how the oligarchs react when they lose their investments and vacation homes. 

I think that is on tap.  They have basically forbidden travel, so I wouldn’t be shocked if this is held in reserve.  They purposefully held back on the first round on sanctions.  Shit will get pretty uncomfortable relatively quickly for Russia.  

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй