Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

On 8/28/2022 at 8:22 AM, Macanudo said:

Um, it does. China is watching to see how long the West will support the little guy.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:17 AM, immamac said:

No - they aren't. Russia and China are 2 very very fucking different places and Taiwan and China is a totally fucking different situation that isn't even comparable to Ukraine. 

The US response in Taiwan will not be anything like it was in Ukraine if it is invaded, the economic interests we have there are on a completely different plane of existence by several orders of magnitude. 

just wanted to point out that both of these can be, and are, true

just because the situations are different doesn't mean the Ukraine situation isn't having an impact on the Taiwan situation

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Take with a grain of salt:

Translation:

"I talked with a friend from Kherson, wrote in a personal message that the Russian military are surrendering en masse, the rest are fleeing from Kherson and the region, everyone wants to live, the mood is decadent, no one wants to die for Putin."

why information may be sketchy/limited:

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

We are seeing right now why the U.S. investment in stealth is so vital, followed by stand-off weapons and superior radar and guided weapons.  Non-stealthy manned aircraft are not survivable in modern contested air space. Modern air defense is too good. Speed and maneuverability are far, far down the list. 

See the other guy before he sees you, shoot him, fly away.  

but what if the target is a small hatch located in a steep valley at the end of a trench, patrolled by fifth generation fighters and ringed by sams?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Take with a grain of salt:

Translation:

"I talked with a friend from Kherson, wrote in a personal message that the Russian military are surrendering en masse, the rest are fleeing from Kherson and the region, everyone wants to live, the mood is decadent, no one wants to die for Putin."

why information may be sketchy/limited:

This seems like really fucking good news!  God speed to UKR Military.

• Hook 'Em 2

I think the Ukrainians would be pretty crafty if we gave them the A-10s, they been pretty creative with what was provided to them 

It would stretch the Russian defensive pretty far if they had more air power 

Edited by Gengs1

1 minute ago, Gengs1 said:

I think the Ukrainians would be pretty crafty if we gave them the A-10s, they been pretty creative with what was provided to them 

I think giving them fancier anti-air systems has probably negated most of the Russian air power (as evidenced by the fact that we aren't seeing it much in action these days).

And HIMARS is arguably hitting targets that aircraft would be used for.  And I think ATACMS would be a better "gift" than A-10s at this point.  A-10s require a lot of infrastructure and manpower, and they would be a prime target that is tied to a fixed position (airfield) that the Russians would be dumping lots of missiles on.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

If A-10s could mount a full suite of SEAD/DEAD equipment, yes, I think they would make a big difference.  Otherwise, they are sitting ducks.  Even in Dessert Storm, where we had air supremacy, A-10s had to fly above 10,000 feet due to SAMs and AAA.  That cut down on their brrrrt ability by a lot.

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I think giving them fancier anti-air systems has probably negated most of the Russian air power (as evidenced by the fact that we aren't seeing it much in action these days).

And HIMARS is arguably hitting targets that aircraft would be used for.  And I think ATACMS would be a better "gift" than A-10s at this point.  A-10s require a lot of infrastructure and manpower, and they would be a prime target that is tied to a fixed position (airfield) that the Russians would be dumping lots of missiles on.

both GIF

• Hook 'Em 3