Is anything less than a Big 12 title next year acceptable?

A’Dam Psycho

I don't know.  I just don't think we have the players to go very far.   I would like to think that we are just so close to going one loss but we lose a bunch of players this year.

I hate it but I think we end up in the same boat as this year.  This is just the 1980's all over for me.

Conference title and a playoff spot, which 11+ wins will get you in the conversation. The Big XII has always been about QB play. One of the reasons why we struggled over the last 5 years is because we didn't have a QB advantage vs. the other teams. That shouldn't be the case anymore these next 2 years. Ehlinger will be a top QB in the conference and it won't even be close. Don't have to worry about going up against a Kyler/Mayfield, Mason Rudolph, Kenny Hill/Boykin, Bryce Petty/RG3, etc.

No. Never.

The only thing that matters to me is the Conference Championship.

I don't give a shit about 10 wins, except that it helps recruiting because we're winning games...

I will always be happier being an 8-4 CHAMPION than a 10 win also ran.

Hell, this year is no better than last year.  The game outcomes were better, but that's not what anybody plays for.

I don't care if you're Kansas, Rice, Earlham, or any other shitty team... the goal is still to win the Championship. Always.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Snacks said:

No. Never.

The only thing that matters to me is the Conference Championship. 

I don't give a shit about 10 wins, except that it helps recruiting because we're winning games...

I will always be happier being an 8-4 CHAMPION than a 10 win also ran.

Hell, this year is no better than last year.  The game outcomes were better, but that's not what anybody plays for.

I don't care if you're Kansas, Rice, Earlham, or any other shitty team... the goal is still to win the Championship. Always.

Winning a Big 12 title every year just isn't going to be realistic as long as Riley, Holgo, etc. are in the conference. Heck, the fact that we recently added a conference title game is the only reason we had a chance to win it today at all.

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

A Sugar Bowl berth would be big. But man, we'd need something close to a miracle to upset this Georgia team.

We’d be outclassed in every unit across the board. Schematic advantage would then be the factor and I wouldn’t be putting any stock into beck/Orlando for a miracle upset.

i guess we would just have to hope Georgia players show up hungover, drunk, and a few in jail before the game 

Edited by Blanton
  • Like 1

I don't understand the "year ahead of schedule" push I've been seeing. But yes, next year a conference championship is the expectation. 

Seriously. Fuck this ahead of schedule shit. We should be in the CCG every year regardless how shitty the previous year was. Is that realistic? Probably not but that should be the expectation every fucking year.

1 minute ago, Blanton said:

We’d be outclassed in every unit across the board. Schematic advantage would then be the factor and I wouldn’t be putting any stock into beck/Orlando for a miracle upset.

i guess we would just have to hope Georgia players show up hungover and/or drunk before the game 

But maybe since we would be so outclassed they would take us lightly?  Then we shock them............ maybe

18 minutes ago, naija said:

I don't understand the "year ahead of schedule" push I've been seeing. But yes, next year a conference championship is the expectation. 

It’s real simple. At the beginning of the season did you expect us to beat OU and play in the conference championship game? Was that your expectation for this team?

3 minutes ago, Tom Chairman said:

Seriously. Fuck this ahead of schedule shit. We should be in the CCG every year regardless how shitty the previous year was. Is that realistic? Probably not but that should be the expectation every fucking year.

That doesn’t make any sense but...we’re Texas!?!?

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Winning a Big 12 title every year just isn't going to be realistic as long as Riley, Holgo, etc. are in the conference. Heck, the fact that we recently added a conference title game is the only reason we had a chance to win it today at all.

There are teams that expect to win it every year. I want to be one of those teams, not one of the teams who have already conceded to reality.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It’s real simple. At the beginning of the season did you expect us to beat OU and play in the conference championship game? Was that your expectation for this team?

Nobody expected our baseball team to win 2/3 on the road at Tech, sweep TCU, win the conference, and make it to Omaha. Sometimes guys just nut up, quit making excuses, and go out and accomplish something, this wasn't that group unfortunately

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, satyanash said:

That’s complete bullshit.  If OU can win it every year that sure as shit is realistic for Texas.  JFC

27 minutes ago, naija said:

Agreed. 

If the program is really "heading in the right direction," I think this season (Herman's 2nd) is right on schedule. Improved, better, but not yet great. 

The question is whether it plateaus here or continues to improve. 

Just now, Tom Chairman said:

Be a pussy and keep your shitty expectations. I define a good season as ten wins and a trophy. This has been an average to below average season for our program. I'm happy to see improvement but let's not be aggy about it.

Your mother is a huge whore that routinely solicits raw gangbangs on craisgslist.

Just now, Tom Chairman said:

Exactly. If those dirt burglars can do it with shittier recruiting classes at a school that doesn't have our inherent advantages then sure as fuck so can we.

Of course we can you dipshit. The issue of course is that our program has been a complete dumpster fire for a decade. That your expectation was conference championships during the past decade doesn’t make you a badass or a better fan, it makes you a fucking idiot.