OU vs Bama semi thread

alphahorn

54 minutes ago, Blanton said:

OU laid an egg against Georgia. I agree that OU should’be won against Georgia in the Rose Bowl, but shit happens. 

I’m trying to be realistic as well and not sound like a UT fan toeing the company line. I truly believe Murray cannot maintain composure and play his style against this defense. You can’t deny the fact that this defense will be unlike anything he has faced since stepping on campus in Norman. 

Saban with a few weeks to prepare for a single team is the stuff of legends. There’s always some regular season loss, but when shit’s on the line, more often then not he will have the defensive side of the ball ready. 

Can’t argue w much there.  Won’t be easy but I’m just not putting a chunk of change on Bama -14.5 - not saying they can’t cover that.  There’s just the X factor of Saban vs a great spread offense.  I’ll likely be in Miami with a flask filled to the brim - w Blanton’s.  

Should be entertaining for a half at least.  Ha

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest problem for OU is that they face a balanced offense that can grind them down and they are one of the worst teams in CFB at getting their defense off the field.  Anybody remember how that defense looked by the mid-2nd quarter in the Cotton Bowl?

OU's offense is very efficient and I don't expect a lot of non-scoring drives for either team.  That said, I like Bama's defense to get a few stops a lot more than OU's.

Can’t argue w much there.  Won’t be easy but I’m just not putting a chunk of change on Bama -14.5 - not saying they can’t cover that.  There’s just the X factor of Saban vs a great spread offense.  I’ll likely be in Miami with a flask filled to the brim - w Blanton’s.  
My god man don't fuckin park in the wal mart parking lot by the stadium.

The biggest problem for OU is that they face a balanced offense that can grind them down and they are one of the worst teams in CFB at getting their defense off the field.  Anybody remember how that defense looked by the mid-2nd quarter in the Cotton Bowl?
OU's offense is very efficient and I don't expect a lot of non-scoring drives for either team.  That said, I like Bama's defense to get a few stops a lot more than OU's.

I don’t think ou is gonna give up in this game. They were laying down then.

3 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
On 12/3/2018 at 9:32 AM, ChiTownDoc said:

My god man don't fuckin park in the wal mart parking lot by the stadium.

Florida my friend.  I’ll be as careful as I can.   Not sure how you survive there.  

I'm curious what would happen if OU came out and dropped 14 or more on them right out of the gate.  

The last time OU jumped them, it became pretty obvious "they didn't care" all of a sudden.  Same with Utah. They "didn't care when aggy beat them either. And they damn sure "didn't care" until Colt went down.  Hell they almost "forgot to care“ with GDGG in the game. He kept Texas hanging around way too long inspite of his signature norm of 77 picks a game...

But FUCK OU and FUCK Bama.  Maybe terrorist will win this one for us.

• Like 1

OU ran up its numbers against crappy defenses designed to defend what has become basketball on grass in the Big 12.  BAMA's D should have no problem covering their receivers, containing Murray and stopping the run.  Meanwhile, BAMA's offense should have no problem keeping the chains moving, the clock ticking with long sustained drive on that porous OU defense while wearing them down.  If Army can keep it a close, low-scoring affair, BAMA should have no problem dominating time of possession and scoring points.  Against that BAMA front seven and elite secondary, I doubt  OU can keep up.    Grab your popcorn folks, watching Kyler "The Ewok" Murray going up against that BAMA D is going to be like watching an episode of MTV's Bully Beatdown.  
You are all over the place. You say the Big 12 defenses suck because of what the offenses do but then turn around and call Bamas secondary elite because they play shitty ass passing offenses every week with terrible QBs? Make you your mind. You can't have it both ways. And what does the Army game have to do with anything? Texas lost to shit ass Maryland and had to survive Tulsa. They are called outliers. If that's the case, why didn't Texas or WVU blow out OU to end the year? I mean since Army almost won, then surely they could easily beat OU, right? That's right, sports doesn't work that way.
  • Like 4

Florida my friend.  I’ll be as careful as I can.   Not sure how you survive there.  

Fake News. It's all pr to keep the idoit yankee tourists confined to the tourist ghettos.

Serious about that walmart though. They built it while I was down there. Soon after it opened they had a superbowl at Joe Robbie landshark pro player dolphins bla bla bla silly party stadium and a bunch of morons parked in the new walmart parking lot and walked to the game. Walmart had em towed during the first half. Lulz.

32 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

Fake News. It's all pr to keep the idoit yankee tourists confined to the tourist ghettos.

Serious about that walmart though. They built it while I was down there. Soon after it opened they had a superbowl at Joe Robbie landshark pro player dolphins bla bla bla silly party stadium and a bunch of morons parked in the new walmart parking lot and walked to the game. Walmart had em towed during the first half. Lulz.

The how you survive was sarcasm my man.  Not gonna lie. I love it there.  Some crazies but tons of talent and beaches. Hard to fuck that up. 

Crazy bitches can be fun as all hell too. Just don’t get tied in too tight.  

They quit in the mid-second Q while down one score?
My mistake, it was the 3rd/4th it looked like the defense and coaching staff was giving up in October.
I have a feeling BAMA is going to show up even bigger time.  That said, fuck OU.  

How have you not been crowd sourced or ip banned yet?

34 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Yeah, I think Bama probably wins, but I'd easily take OU +15 if I were betting this game. 

I'm going this way. I think Bama prolly wins, but not by 15.

Also going with Texas +12. I think Jawja prolly wins, but not by 12.

The whole XII bowl game list is pretty inviting, for the most part. Couple too close to call, but these two... way too much spread. 

On 12/2/2018 at 11:51 PM, Goodman said:

Bama can win this game without throwing a pass IMO.

I’d normally agree with you but this year Alabama has not really run the ball with its usual power.  They are throwing for about 340 per game and scoring a shit ton of points. Just not in ways we are used to seeing.

8 hours ago, bamachine said:

So we can count of your support in this game, correct? You can then pull for Clemson, if Bama wins vs OU sux.

Yes, beat the fuck out of them,  

the whole team catches syphilis from open meth sores on sooner, has to forfeit the MNC.  But yes, 100% support against OU.

Over under is 80 1/2 last I saw.  Paper clips +15 and the under look pretty good.  

Tua's normally bat-radar accuracy is off when he can't push off on his right leg and he is gimpier than ever (high ankle sprain + surgical procedure on his right ankle, left ankle sprain, knee still somewhat sore) and on top of all this he's been holding the ball too long.  Hurts is an X factor.  Ewok will scramble around and OU will score enough to beat the line, if not win outright.  

Crowd will be 75/25 OU.  Success-spoiled Tide  fans won't show up in big numbers.  Neutral fans will whoop it up big for the upset if we have another shitty first half, which has been a trend last few games.  As a Bama fan I am definitely not confident.  Maybe we can channel the Orange Bowl of 1/1/63.  Bama skunked OU and Joe Don Looney 17-0.  Lee Roy Jordan had 30 individual tackles.  QB was some yankee kid named Namath.

Yep, that was two years later.  

Namath on a bad knee vs Tommy Nobis, Ernie Koy, George Sauer and company.  Horns had two 80-yard TDs.  Horns were up 21-7 at the half.  Joe ran a qb sneak on 4th goal from the 1 late in the 4th quarter, Bama trailing 21-17.  The right side linesman with a great view signaled TD and the gotdammed motherfuckin  summuvabitchin back judge came running in from the back of the end zone waving it off.  Ball game.

Namath came to the sideline telling Bryant he was over, that the whole football was in the end zone!  Bryant told Joe he needed to get his whole ass in the end zone and remove all doubt.

Point being, no one beat anyone's ass in that game, but the Horns got the win, I'll grant you that.  I fucking hate games turning on a single bad call late.

Joe signed with the Jets in the dressing room after that game for a $400,000 bonus, unheard of in those days.

Edited by Bama Llama

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 11:54 AM, Bama Llama said:

Yep, that was two years later.  

Namath on a bad knee vs Tommy Nobis, Ernie Koy, George Sauer and company.  Horns had two 80-yard TDs.  Horns were up 21-7 at the half.  Joe ran a qb sneak on 4th goal from the 1 late in the 4th quarter, Bama trailing 21-17.  The right side linesman with a great view signaled TD and the gotdammed motherfuckin  summuvabitchin back judge came running in from the back of the end zone waving it off.  Ball game.

Namath came to the sideline telling Bryant he was over, that the whole football was in the end zone!  Bryant told Joe he needed to get his whole ass in the end zone and remove all doubt.

Point being, no one beat anyone's ass in that game, but the Horns got the win, I'll grant you that.  I fucking hate games turning on a single bad call late.

Joe signed with the Jets in the dressing room after that game for a $400,000 bonus, unheard of in those days.

Skip to 5:28.   

4 hours ago, Bartles said:

Per Yahoo! Three members of the Alabama football team, including starting left guard Deonte Brown, will not be playing in the Orange Bowl according to a source. The three players didn’t make the trip to Florida because of a violation of team rules. Brown is believed to be the only starter impacted.

This is being undervalued on surlyhorns.com

Image result for ostarine

On 12/24/2018 at 6:52 PM, Bullneck said:

Skip to 5:28.   

Thank you, Bullneck.  That took me back to the moment in a most painful way, but there it was.  Great game but too little too late from Bama.  I kept thinking "We'll get Texas next time around," but it took several more tries.  Even with hdtv replay it wouldn't have been overturned.  21-17 forever.  The Horns deserved to win it.  Hope I live long enough to see the home and home in a couple of years.  Those should be some good games.  Good luck vs. UGA.  I think UT will push them around.

Edited by Bama Llama

On 12/15/2018 at 11:00 AM, RollLeft said:

I hope the beer is tainted and the nacho cheese in all the concession stands cause food poisoning creating the largest outbreak of massive diarrhea.    

With the bathrooms at the stadium not working (like aggy a few years ago).

On 12/24/2018 at 5:55 PM, Bartles said:

Per Yahoo! Three members of the Alabama football team, including starting left guard Deonte Brown, will not be playing in the Orange Bowl according to a source. The three players didn’t make the trip to Florida because of a violation of team rules. Brown is believed to be the only starter impacted.

Brown's back up is a senior with 26 career starts.