Las Vegas go hard or go home thread

bigup2dahorns

On 3/4/2022 at 10:48 PM, 3adays said:

Reef Dispensaries? I’ll be at Aria next week and was looking for something close to the hotel. 

Reef is still a little pricey compared to my other spot but not by much if you are trying to find one really close to you. 

This is the only place I have gone in the past 2 years.

https://www.thedispensarynv.com

On 3/4/2022 at 11:03 PM, 3adays said:

• Hook 'Em 1

Before I look like a complete dumbass next week, anything I need to know about dispensaries?  I've never gotten into this stuff until about 2 months ago.  Been taking 1/2 of a D9 every night for insomnia.  (It works really well, BTW.)  Seeing as how my wife is all, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas", I'd like to try something different.  I just have no idea how it works or even what to say.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Before I look like a complete dumbass next week, anything I need to know about dispensaries?  I've never gotten into this stuff until about 2 months ago.  Been taking 1/2 of a D9 every night for insomnia.  (It works really well, BTW.)  Seeing as how my wife is all, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas", I'd like to try something different.  I just have no idea how it works or even what to say.

For one, don't worry about looking like a dumbass. These places have "budtenders" who are there to help you and who are very used to noobs coming in and being overwhelmed. I'd say to feel prepared, think about these 3 questions:

1) How do you want to consume it?  Your options will be "flower" which is weed that you would roll and smoke (they also have pre-rolled joints), vape pens/cartridges, or edibles. If you want to do edibles, you will have options like gummies, other candies like chocolate, and drinkables.

2) What experience are you wanting?  Mainly are you looking to feel euphoric or relaxed? The experience you want will influence what type, or strain, of weed you choose. Generally, sativa is more euphoric and indica is more relaxed. They also have hybrid options. 

3) How strong are you looking to go? The gummies/candies you usually have either 5mg or 10mg of THC options, and the packages usually have 100 total, so either 20 5mg or 10 10mg. I kind of like the 5mg options in the gummies to help control and keep a solid buzz.  Similarly, the 10mg beverages you can sip a bit and have a gradual onset. 

Don't feel like you need to enter the dispensary having these answered 100%, but if you have at least thought about them, that will help your convo with the budtender be as productive as possible. 

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

For one, don't worry about looking like a dumbass. These places have "budtenders" who are there to help you and who are very used to noobs coming in and being overwhelmed. I'd say to feel prepared, think about these 3 questions:

1) How do you want to consume it?  Your options will be "flower" which is weed that you would roll and smoke (they also have pre-rolled joints), vape pens/cartridges, or edibles. If you want to do edibles, you will have options like gummies, other candies like chocolate, and drinkables.

2) What experience are you wanting?  Mainly are you looking to feel euphoric or relaxed? The experience you want will influence what type, or strain, of weed you choose. Generally, sativa is more euphoric and indica is more relaxed. They also have hybrid options. 

3) How strong are you looking to go? The gummies/candies you usually have either 5mg or 10mg of THC options, and the packages usually have 100 total, so either 20 5mg or 10 10mg. I kind of like the 5mg options in the gummies to help control and keep a solid buzz.  Similarly, the 10mg beverages you can sip a bit and have a gradual onset. 

Don't feel like you need to enter the dispensary having these answered 100%, but if you have at least thought about them, that will help your convo with the budtender be as productive as possible. 

Thanks.  That helps a lot.  Def going with the gummie option.  The D9s relax and help me sleep.  I want to try something different.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I have been to both of the below and I have always bought edibles. You will need to check in and have your drivers license scanned at both places. Cash or Debit Card only.

Planet 13 is great.https://www.planet13lasvegas.com/ Its like the Apple Store for weed. It can be a little overwhelming at first and can get crowed. Employees are great. Pretty close to the Strip but not walk able. They have a good number of products made in house. If you sign up through their website, you can get some discounts.

MedMen is closer to the Strip and is across the street from The Virgin Hotel.https://www.medmen.com/stores/las-vegas-the-strip-paradise-and-harmon/    It is much smaller, but has similar product. Employees are friendly and helpful. MedMen also have discounts from their website as well.

Edited by Classic Rock
Misspelling
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

The budtenders will work with you. If you have an idea of what you want or type of high just tell them that and then will have some recommendations. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Staying at The Venetian.  Appears as if I'll have multiple options.  Def bringing cash.

Depending on how you are getting from the airport; just ask the driver to stop by the dispensary before you get to the hotel.  Or, maybe your driver will ask you before you get the chance to; our driver last summer brought it up before he put the car into gear.

And yeah, Planet 13 is like an Apple store, as stated.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 3/5/2022 at 2:25 PM, longhornmatt said:

That’s disappointing to hear.  We don’t have any good local Spanish / tapas place nearby, so we try to hit them up in Vegas when we go.  We used to like Jaleo more than Julian Serrano, but my wife and I both enjoyed Julian Serrano more when we went in 2019.  So, I guess that downward trend has continued. 

We’re also booked for Sunday brunch at the Eiffel Tower restaurant. Vegas aficionados - is that worth it, or are we better off doing Mon Ami Gabi?

Tapas place a few blocks off the strip called Firefly. We hit it up everytime we are in town. Nice vibe and mostly locals it seems. The sangria is the best I’ve ever had. Look it up. And next door is a place called Beer and Tacos that is pretty good as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You can't imagine the fats that would take an Uber for 1 mile. 

Had to fuck with parking at Cosmo b/c my buddy's wife and her friend couldn't walk from Caesars to Cosmo so yeah I get it. That said, we did take an Uber from Planet Hollywood to Venetian in Feb, but had walked from Venetian to Mandalay to PH and were pretty sloshed and bushed.

9 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

If you have time check a couple spots. Pricing in Vegas was the highest I’ve seen in any legal state I’ve been to. But I usually stock up so it mattered with a decent quantity.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, squib said:

Tapas place a few blocks off the strip called Firefly. We hit it up everytime we are in town. Nice vibe and mostly locals it seems. The sangria is the best I’ve ever had. Look it up. And next door is a place called Beer and Tacos that is pretty good as well. 

I was there a few years ago and had Beer and Tacos.  I was staying by the convention center and it was a great lunch.

On 3/7/2022 at 1:20 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Thanks.  That helps a lot.  Def going with the gummie option.  The D9s relax and help me sleep.  I want to try something different.

If you’re an amateur like me, I highly recommend getting one of those little vape pens to smoke. It’s literally the size of a pen. Totally inconspicuous and you can just take little puffs on it whenever you want. Did this for March Madness a couple years ago. Great experience. Can’t wait until they’re legal in Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Have had a weekend trip to Vegas next weekend planned for a long while on our way to Disneyland and just now realized it’s going to be during the first weekend of March Madness.

Fuck I’m getting old and my priorities are out of wack.

Vegas during the first week of the tourney? I don’t understand your problem.

15 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Have had a weekend trip to Vegas next weekend planned for a long while on our way to Disneyland and just now realized it’s going to be during the first weekend of March Madness.

Fuck I’m getting old and my priorities are out of wack.

Yeah.  We're flying out Mon for our 20th.  I too didn't realize the tourney AND St Pat's Day is next week.

Going in early May and staying at Encore. Wife is now pregnant, which is great news, but somewhat kills the Vegas vibe a bit. I’m pitching relaxing pools, spa, great restaurants, shopping, shows, even mocktails…

Reservations for Muzumi and Sinatra at Wynn. Supper Club at Bellagio. Going to see O. 

Any idea if the adult pools “European pools” at Wynn/Encore are quiet, not bumping with music? Trying to find a more relaxing pool experience. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

Any idea if the adult pools “European pools” at Wynn/Encore are quiet, not bumping with music? Trying to find a more relaxing pool experience. 

That's funny.  I'm looking for the exact opposite.  One of my goals is to lay out by a pool, listen to EDM music, and check out boobs.

We leave in 2 days.  Pretty excited.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

Going in early May and staying at Encore. Wife is now pregnant, which is great news, but somewhat kills the Vegas vibe a bit. I’m pitching relaxing pools, spa, great restaurants, shopping, shows, even mocktails…

Reservations for Muzumi and Sinatra at Wynn. Supper Club at Bellagio. Going to see O. 

The european pool at wynncore is definitely not quiet. It isn’t as wound up at marquis day club, encore beach club, or something like that…but I wouldn’t call it quiet and relaxing. The smaller pool at encore or the non-euro part of the Wynn pool is what you’re looking for. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Mizumi, Sinatra, and O are all excellent choices.

The adult pools at Wynn and Encore have upbeat music but it isn’t an overly loud raging party. That’s what Encore Beach Club is for. You can relax at either of the adult pools and your wife can read a book if she wants.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

Man I really wanted to go to St Barth in April or June but we’re pretty booked up right now. Tulum in March, Vegas in May, Kauai in June. It’s almost bikini season.

Alright, we'll have to hook up in December then. We'll drink a rosé for y'all in April and June. 🥂

On 3/5/2022 at 1:53 PM, longhornmatt said:

Going to Vegas later this month for the first time since before the pandemic.  Eating at Le Cirque, Joel Robuchon, Guy Savoy, Mayfair Supper Club, Jaleo and Julian Serrano Tapas.   I will develop gout, and it will be worth it.

Did Guy Savoy and it was just bad. Best part was the wine, 89 Haut Briton.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:40 PM, Rimbo said:

Yeah, but that's Texas. Y'all have a lotta cows there. Seeing that here in California? And all at once...

Been to His signature restaurant in Paris many times, which is amazing, but this replica failed miserably. Le Cirque and Robuchon deliver.

On 3/5/2022 at 2:25 PM, longhornmatt said:

That’s disappointing to hear.  We don’t have any good local Spanish / tapas place nearby, so we try to hit them up in Vegas when we go.  We used to like Jaleo more than Julian Serrano, but my wife and I both enjoyed Julian Serrano more when we went in 2019.  So, I guess that downward trend has continued. 

We’re also booked for Sunday brunch at the Eiffel Tower restaurant. Vegas aficionados - is that worth it, or are we better off doing Mon Ami Gabi?

Not sure if you’re there yet, but Mon Ami Gabi over Eiffel without a doubt. If you can sit near the street and watch the freak show, even better. 

Also, Le Cirque is back? That’s great news. Been waiting on that for 2 years. Gotta book something in June then.