Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

18 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait, hold on.  We're gonna need an attribution here, because google image search is (allegedly) not working.  Asking for a friend.

Her name is part of the file name of the image. Right click and select Properties (or Save As) or press and hold. Risa Yoshiki. I never heard of her either. Me likey.

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Can someone explain to me how Chrispy troll has over 100 rep because his posts are all basically universally worthless. 

Socks perhaps? 

There you are Jimmy, your unraveling during the collusion delusion had me worried. Glad to see you’re ok and back to complaining about rep. 

• Fuck You 10

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

There you are Jimmy, your unraveling during the collusion delusion had me worried. Glad to see you’re ok and back to complaining about rep. 

Thanks for your concern Chrispy troll! How’s your private jet doing? Properly maintained I assume.  Hopefully no other sick family members I trust. 

16 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Where in the hell am I defending internment camps? My issue was stating that fear of Imperial Japan was irrational, that’s just silly. I will admit to getting some minor pleasure when pointing out Brisket’s hysteria, though. 

Logical fallacy.

The irrational fear at issue was not the fear of Imperial Japan.  It was fear of anyone of Japanese ancestry, including Japanese-American US ciitizens.  You're either too stupid to get the distinction, or you're purposefully dishonest.  Either is negworthy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Logical fallacy.

The irrational fear at issue was not the fear of Imperial Japan.  It was fear of anyone of Japanese ancestry, including Japanese-American US ciitizens.  You're either too stupid to get the distinction, or you're purposefully dishonest.  Either is negworthy.

He is both. 

19 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Where in the hell am I defending internment camps? My issue was stating that fear of Imperial Japan was irrational, that’s just silly. I will admit to getting some minor pleasure when pointing out Brisket’s hysteria, though. 

53 more negs and Chrispy won't be able to troll. Tread carefully Swam.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

In fairness, how are you supposed to determine if a thumb drive has malware on it? 

Hopefully he was using an unconnected throw away computer with no wifi... but who am i kidding, it was probably hard wired into the SS mainframe. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that the Secret Service and other federal agencies have pretty stringent guidelines on how NOT to deal with 3rd-party drives.  "Well, let's just stick it in here and see what happens" (ahem) is probably not kosher.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

In fairness, how are you supposed to determine if a thumb drive has malware on it? 

Hopefully he was using an unconnected throw away computer with no wifi... but who am i kidding, it was probably hard wired into the SS mainframe. 

That's not the thing that killed me. It was the "Never seen that before" that kills me. I mean this is elementary-level security, here. Do the Secret Service also open attachments from guys from Nigeria and get all surprised when they've been phished?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

That's not the thing that killed me. It was the "Never seen that before" that kills me. I mean this is elementary-level security, here. Do the Secret Service also open attachments from guys from Nigeria and get all surprised when they've been phished?

Well, they were having random hookers with blow up to their rooms in Columbia while on a presidential security mission, so....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I was talking with a hospital CSIO once and he told me they did a big security audit once and as part of the audit, the company that was doing the audit dropped about a dozen usb keys around the employee parking garage...9 of them got picked up and plugged into hospital computers. Phishing works because people are idiots. 

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Logical fallacy.

Their concern, of course, was Japanese American espionage. They intercepted and decoded numerous Japanese cables stating as much. It was a poor decision, but none of it was rooted in irrational fear.  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, retread said:

We're heading full steam into a time of major chaos. Every president has that big emergency that he has to confront. This president wants to create that emergency himself, or with a little help from his friends. Buckle up.

Yep.  Trump is trying to build a resume as a great president.  He doesn't have a world war or a civil rights crisis, so he's manufacturing a crisis in order to solve it.  The problem is that his idea of solving this fictional crisis is going to create a very real one.

And when this doesn't get him the acclaim he wants, we're going to war with somebody.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Their concern, of course, was Japanese American espionage. They intercepted and decoded numerous Japanese cables stating as much. It was a poor decision, but none of it was rooted in irrational fear.  

It was fear of anyone of Japanese ancestry, including Japanese-American US ciitizens.

You believe that a fear that trumps the most basic of Constitutional protections is not irrational.

I believe that any fear that trumps the most basic of Constitutional protections is, by definition, irrational.

I like where I stand.  I'll be over here, with the Constitution.

Keep stroking it to your copy of Korematsu.  A sad creature like you deserves the tiniest bit of sick pleasure.

Since Obama had something to do with this, it must be terminated.  

I suspect that shortly, all Latin and Central American baseball players will not be welcomed here.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26472986/white-house-scuttles-mlb-cuban-agreement

The Trump administration scuttled Major League Baseball's historic agreement with the Cuban Baseball Federation, arguing that the sport's governing body is part of the Cuban government and that the agreement violates United States trade law.

In December, MLB and the MLB Players Association announced an agreement with the Cuban federation similar to those for players under contract to clubs in Japan, South Korea and Taiwan -- one the league believed would end the defection of players and erase the human trafficking of Cuban players that has become the standard as they attempt to join MLB.

The Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control sent a letter to MLB on Friday that said "payments to the Cuban Baseball Federation are not authorized ... because a payment to the Cuban Baseball Federation is a payment to the Cuban government."

Spoiler

The letter, obtained by ESPN, underscored the reversal of a President Barack Obama-era policy that intended to soften relations between the U.S. and Cuba.

After announcing the agreement in December, blowback in Washington prompted MLB to outline in a 10-page letter its argument in favor of the agreement.

"The objective," MLB said, "is to end the dangerous trafficking of Cuban baseball players who desire to play professional baseball in the United States."

MLB requested a meeting with government officials, though no meeting was granted, sources told ESPN.

The letter from OFAC to Major League Baseball came in the immediate aftermath of the Cuban federation releasing its first group of players able to sign contracts directly with MLB organizations, with the understanding that some could be playing in the U.S. this year. The players were eligible for signing bonuses, with the player receiving 100 percent of his signing bonus and the club giving the Cuban federation a release fee equivalent to 25 percent of the signing bonus.

The White House signaled its concern on Sunday when President Donald Trump's national security adviser, John Bolton, tweeted "Cuba wants to use baseball players as economic pawns - selling their rights to Major League Baseball."

In a statement to ESPN, MLB said: "We stand by the goal of the agreement, which is to end the human trafficking of baseball players from Cuba."

Negotiations for the Cuba-MLB agreement date back to President Obama's detente with Cuba. The deal was seen as an effort to eliminate the dangerous trafficking that had gone on for decades, which the MLB referenced in its letter to the Treasury and State departments, with Reds outfielder Yasiel Puig, White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu and Mets outfielder Yoenis Cespedes among those whose harrowing journeys were cited.

"For years, Major League Baseball has been seeking to end the trafficking of baseball players from Cuba by criminal organizations by creating a safe and legal alternative for those players to sign with major league clubs," MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement Dec. 19 announcing the deal. "We believe that this agreement accomplishes that objective and will allow the next generation of Cuban players to pursue their dream without enduring many of the hardships experienced by current and former Cuban players who have played Major League Baseball."

At the time, opponents of the Cuban government pledged to try to overturn it. The Trump administration has accused Havana of providing military and intelligence support to Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, with Bolton saying on Twitter: "America's national pastime should not enable the Cuban regime's support for Maduro in Venezuela."

Without a deal, the longstanding policy of players seeking residence in a third country could return. If players establish residence in a third country, they can petition OFAC to receive a specific license that would allow them to play in the U.S. A number of players seeking transportation to a third country have been shepherded by smugglers with gang affiliations, and agents familiar with the Cuban-player market said the dangers that could have abated with the agreement will remain.

Cuban-born Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman, speaking through a translator before Monday night's game with the Houston Astros, said, "I just feel bad for those young ballplayers who are probably not going to have the same chance to play here. It's definitely difficult for a lot of Cuban players who are not playing at this level here in the States. But the way we got here, it was tough - to say the least."

Chapman defected from Cuba in 2009 while with the Cuban national baseball team in Rotterdam, Netherlands, and signed with the Reds in 2010. It was Chapman's second attempt to defect. An earlier try in 2008 was foiled and Chapman was kept off Cuba's team in the 2008 Olympics.

"The biggest impact is going to be the guys who are back in Cuba," Chapman said. "For me and a lot of our fellow Cuban players who have already established ourselves here in this country, we're fortunate enough to have our families here. It really doesn't affect us here. We've been lucky.

"But for those guys that I mentioned before, it's going to be tough, because now the opportunity's being taken away, and some of them still want to play here at this level. And unfortunately they might find themselves making difficult decisions in how to get here."

13 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yep.  Trump is trying to build a resume as a great president.  He doesn't have a world war or a civil rights crisis, so he's manufacturing a crisis in order to solve it.  The problem is that his idea of solving this fictional crisis is going to create a very real one.

And when this doesn't get him the acclaim he wants, we're going to war with somebody.

The Trump administration is designating Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps as a foreign terrorist organization, taking an unprecedented step as it seems to increase pressure on Iran's regime. The move seems certain to bring a new level of tension between the two countries, as Iran's leaders have said they will retaliate in kind.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/08/710987393/u-s-labels-irans-revolutionary-guard-as-a-foreign-terrorist-organization

6882b4bc-88a1-4999-a587-c13f4f557618-tex

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

when this doesn't get him the acclaim he wants, we're going to war with somebody.

He will need someone to attack us first.  Going to war is a really hard sell to the American public, always has been but probably more now than ever. 

Trump’s war is on America.  The press, the values, the law, the democrats, the judiciary.  He will crack that up to 11 before using the military on foreign soil. 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He will need someone to attack us first.  Going to war is a really hard sell to the American public, always has been but probably more now than ever. 

Trump’s war is on America.  The press, the values, the law, the democrats, the judiciary.  He will crack that up to 11 before using the military on foreign soil. 

I agree he won't send troops on foreign soil.  But he keeps threatening to use the nuclear arsenal, and it's not like he has any sort of conscience.  

2 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Nielson is working overtime on teh narrative.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/08/politics/trump-family-separation-el-paso-kirstjen-nielsen/index.html

Trump wanted to shut the El Paso port on 24 hour notice, but Nielson reminded him that Abbott was a Trump supporter.  Can't do that to your sycophants!

Also, we got something out of Abbott's spinelessness, it seems.

Of course Nielsen had to make Trump back down, it's not like Abbott is going to stand up to him.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I agree he won't send troops on foreign soil.  But he keeps threatening to use the nuclear arsenal, and it's not like he has any sort of conscience.  

Why? I think his base would love another war. 

5 minutes ago, tucker said:

Why? I think his base would love another war. 

I don’t doubt Trump could sell a war with Iran to his base but they are surprisingly anti-war, probably due to all the “US is the Evil Empire” propaganda. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

I'm actually surprised it hasn't slipped that he'd like to go to war with Mexico. It'd be a win-win for Agent Orange (my new villain name for Trump). 

My bet for most likely option is a “lightning invasion” of Guatemala, to “secure a border that mexico won’t.” Its a good bet because 1) it would give his base a raging xenophobia boner, and 2) it’s low-risk for losing/casualties. He is aggy, looking for a HUGE win against Murray State.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

My bet for most likely option is a “lightning invasion” of Guatemala, to “secure a border that mexico won’t.” Its a good bet because 1) it would give his base a raging xenophobia boner, and 2) it’s low-risk for losing/casualties. He is aggy, looking for a HUGE win against Murray State.

Russia would show up and back Guatemala overnight just to remind the GOP they own them..  

Wannabe Goebbels.

You know you're on the wrong side of morality / decency / everything when your side has to ardently defend Stephen Miller.

Go make that sinister odious reptilian brained slimy egg plant skulled foul disgrace of a man rich & powerful beyond his wildest dreams!

You useful idiot. You bootlicking stooge.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that the Secret Service and other federal agencies have pretty stringent guidelines on how NOT to deal with 3rd-party drives.  "Well, let's just stick it in here and see what happens" (ahem) is probably not kosher.

If you do that a couple of times in my company, you get sacked.  Pretty sure the SS would have a policy about this as well.

23 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Can you imagine being the head of the Secret Service with Donald Trump as president? 

Has to be one of the most thankless and challenging jobs in America.

I would love that job.  I would take my responsibilities as seriously as Trump takes his.  What’s the worst that could happen?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Can you imagine being the head of the Secret Service with Donald Trump as president? 

Has to be one of the most thankless and challenging jobs in America.

It's prolly pretty easy.  He never moves and is in one or two rooms constantly while he Tweets all day.  You never have to travel and when you do, it's just to NYC or Florida.

6 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

It's prolly pretty easy.  He never moves and is in one or two rooms constantly while he Tweets all day.  You never have to travel and when you do, it's just to NYC or Florida.

This.

All you do is stand outside the bathroom in the White House