Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

9 minutes ago, Bojack said:

Putin, MBS, Duterte, President for life Xi, Bolsonaro, Kim. Have we ever had a President that was this openly friendly with authoritarians? 

Not like this.  We’ve had presidents cozy up to fascists and ruthless monarchs before but that was mostly due to strategic interests like fighting communism or oil.  Trump takes it to another level though.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not like this.  We’ve had presidents cozy up to fascists and ruthless monarchs before but that was mostly due to strategic interests like fighting communism or oil.  Trump takes it to another level though.

Again, we cozy up when it's in our national interest. We have no problem with disregarding human rights when money is to be made.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Go back and read the context that I used the term "conspiracy lunatics" in.  It was used to refer to specifically to the posters who gassed this board with right out nonsense for 2+ years. I don't think that I am even capable of providing a full accounting of the nonsense, but it ranges from Papadopoulos has got Trump on a wire to the Marshal of the Supreme Court serving AF1 to Mueller puts Cohen in Prague, etc. Be honest with yourself bolverk, there was a shit load of fucking nonsense propagated here. Most of it filtering straight and uncut from the brainless political twatter sphere. I used the term in the context of pointing out the lack of self-accountability by the posters who trafficked knee deep in that shit.  Maybe the use in that context triggers you, that is something you need to work through for yourself. I didn't really have you specifically in mind when I penned it. But now, you take that term and apply it to a very different group of people, those who are "concerned that this happened", and throw it back to me as an insult to your intelligence. And to boot, call me disingenuous and question my intent in the process. No mirrors in your world?

There has been a ton of misinformation that has made it's way to this board. Some anti-Trump folks have gotten over their skis and posted stuff that wound up being false, or is still unproven. Many of us pointed out the error of that as it happened. You constantly gaslight and claim the bulk of us believed what triplehorn was posting from Mensch. Mensch was a Trump supporter and that's been pointed out virtually every time triple horn posted some of her bullshit. 

Just like your go-to move to minimize Russia's involvement is to post the meme of Satan and Jesus arm wrestling, your other go to is to ridicule the marshal of the Supreme Court post that nearly everyone else called out as obvious bullshit. You know it was pretty much a single poster believing that,  yet you continue to lie about it and attribute it to the board as a whole.  

It's even more ridiculous, because nearly everything posted on this thread by you and the other Trumpublicans has been misinformation, gaslighting and outright intentional lies. Some of the other posters that parrot GOP lies are not smart enough to understand what they are mindless regurgitating. You however, are smart enough and are choosing to be a gaslighting piece of shit intentionally. 

Edited by suddenly shaggy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

One way to look at this is Trump’s most hardcore base is somewhere around 23%.

I agree with this figure. About 25 percent of the country is hopeless. Nothing new there. When Nixon resigned that was his approval rating. 

The other 15 percent support trump because the economy is doing well and/or they don’t really give a shit about politics unless it’s somehow thrust in their face. 

Normally that number would be much much higher but trump is such an irredeemable piece of shit he keeps his approval around 40 percent when it should be closer to 60. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

sad leonardo dicaprio GIF

The reason Trump is freaking out about this is racist disinformation, hate rhetoric, and conspiracy theories through the social media platforms are central to his re-election strategy.   

He knows he can’t win without his army of grifters, trolls, and morons echoing his messaging for him.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Oh, there's no way in hell he understands the First Amendment, or the Second, or any of them.  He would need a Powerpoint to *maybe* get a basic understanding, and then, he would fuck it up with a tweet or three later.

Corinthians 2, Amendment 2, whatever it takes.

7 hours ago, suddenly shaggy said:

There has been a ton of misinformation that has made it's way to this board.

Well no fucking shit.  If you spent one one hundredth the energy and effort you spend on me addressing some others, well that would be something. In fact, if you can you quote one of your posts addressed to someone other than me aiming to stomp it out I will be impressed.

I find it amusing that when presented with a range of examples of the types of nonsense propagated on this board wrt this topic, you decide to focus on the most obviously absurd example when staking your argument regarding the critical thinking skills on display here. You want to scribe the argument around triplenonsense. Understandable, but not particularly compelling.  In addition, you cannot provide a quote of me attributing the triple position to every poster on this board. He is surely a unique flower.  But I do like using the Mensch example in general terms because it is hilarious and typical of the twatter nonsense propagated by, yes, a small number of posters here.  If it triggers you, all the better. 

I can appreciate that you do not want to delve into the other examples, and in particular the McClatchy one, as the basis for your position regarding critical thinking skills. We did a couple takes at that one during 2018. A broad range of posters uncritically adopted an uncorroborated story because it played into their chosen conspiracy narrative, or at a minimum a conspiracy narrative they found acceptable.  Which is fine, there is a natural tendency to confirmation bias. However, when a few other posters took a more critical stance, challenging the lack of corroboration of such a pivotal report, the hive mind kicks in with typical response, attempting to undermine other perspectives using a variety of tactics and a good measure of name calling. I think that there may be a psychological term that we could apply to that. Maybe a few different ones actually, but for now "fucking nonsense" should suffice. And by the way, my strong preference at this point is the LGBTQ Bernie coloring book meme. It warms my heart to think that the outcome of the US election pivoted around that facebook post.       

A refresher on the McClatchy one for you SP, since you seem to have forgotten. The second is a good reread through about 261.

April OG:

December Redux:

Edited by Anastasis

Lulz, I'm not triggered in the slightest. On the contrary, I'm glad the board has finally figured you out. You can pound away at the Cohen to Prague story all you want. It's the only thing in the dossier that has been shown to probably be false. It's also a single detail in a much larger set of evidence, but that's what you do. You take a single detail, strip it from any context, minimize everything else and then insist if that one detail doesn't turn out to be valid, the rest is ridiculous too. 

• Like 3

Weak.  The Cohen to Prague story is just one example of the lack of critical thinking often on display, and the resulting dialog largely emblematic of the posture of this board to contrarian positions outside the board orthodoxy over the last few years.  There are posters who are capable of evaluating information and substantively engaging positions and others that they may not agree with, and the board is better for it.  Then there are posters like you.  

Edited by Anastasis

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Weak.  The Cohen to Prague story is just one example of the lack of critical thinking often on display, and the resulting dialog largely emblematic of the posture of this board to contrarian positions outside the board orthodoxy over the last few years.  There are posters who are capable of evaluating information and substantively engaging positions and others that they may not agree with, and the board is better for it.  Then there are posters like you.  

Being a contrarian does not mean you are a critical thinker. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, retread said:

I don’t know, I’m really not surprised by any of this. This man-child and his spoiled rich family are destroying the dignity of the presidency. By far, the worst and most ignorant President to occupy the office.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 7:17 PM, 4th&Five said:

I assume our national emergency has been solved if the president can spend Friday night tweeting about how horrible Twitter and Facebook are. 

Saw The River and The Wall documentary yesterday and it makes you realize what a childish, yet dangerous, idea the wall really is. This admin could do something that is extremely difficult to undo and could affect all of Texas in a horrific way. This national emergency shit needs to be stamped out ASAP. Fuck this president and his mouth breathing sycophants. If the emergency funding gets through the courts it’s fucking time to rise. 

• Like 3

I dont nothing about horse racing, but his Kentucky Derp tweet perfectly captures this man’s shortcomings - Affinity for rule breakers, hostility for rule enforcers, incompetency, and general bitchassedness.

Regarding the race, Maximum Security swerved noticeably, and with purpose. The sloppy track wasnt the reason. Seems obvious even to a novice. Good decision because it impacted the race.

Admittedly I had no idea yesterday whether or not the Kentucky Derby decision was correct or not. Now that trump has weighed in though disagreeing with it I can safely say that the decision was obviously and absolutely the correct call. 

Thanks Trump!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The only funny about North Korea launching imperfect missiles into the ocean and lobbing them over the top of Japan is the thought of the President of the United States taking a shit and tweeting about the Kentucky Derby while it's happening.  Also amusing would be seeing an orange mushroom cloud in the distance and watching the shock wave mow down trees, heading right for you and your last thought is "we should've looked into prosecuting Saturday Night Live.   

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Have you ever watched the The Good Fight on CBS Access? The same creators that did The Good Wife.

On the lastest episode they have 2 ladies named LeatherandLace. The same as DiamondandSilk. So funny. All about the money. 

• Like 2