Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Unprecedented help". He refused to testify and refused to answer questions about obstruction on his little take home test. He went off every day on twitter about the highly conflicted Mueller and the 18 angry democrats and the witch hunt. He also tried to fire Mueller multiple times. Hey thanks for the help dotard.

Something that also gets easily overlooked is he systematically removed, demoted, and discredited many key FBI leadership people and witnesses on the Russia investigation.  Comey, McCabe, Strozk, Baker, and Ohr. 

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You can’t say it’s time to move on and case closed while simultaneously constantly talking about the case that is supposedly closed. 

Because that’s the Olympic mental gymnastics the Trumpublicans are trying to pull off here... AGAIN.

They did it with the Dossier by calling irrelevant fake news but kept talking about it every day for years. 

They want it so badly for the Mueller Report to go away but can't make it.  Sounds a whole like that childhood relationship where Donny got dumped and proclaims loudly he isn't going to think/talk about Sally (or Sam) anymore and then talks about Sally/Sam every gotdam minute.  Meanwhile his friends are saying, hey, I thought you were off Sally. Oh I am, can't you see how mad I am?  Anger means I don't like them anymore.  

Edited by Mdhorn

On 5/10/2019 at 4:05 PM, TommyGufano said:

Duckworth publicly going with "Cadet Bone Spurs" was strong to quite strong. 

The only things Trump specializes in are stealing, cheating, bankruptcy and deferment.  If you need advise in any of these categories, DOTARD is the grifter of choice.  Unfortunately, he's a parent so a safe bet is he's instilled those qualities into his soon to be leaching offspring.  In fact, a solid symbol of Trump and his business apparatus 

leech.jpg

Not Trump directly, but fuck him and the people he appointed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/05/07/trump-administration-wants-allow-debt-collectors-call-times-week-text-email-much-they-want/?utm_term=.c5229c302236

Christopher Fultz peered at his phone during a break at his job as a paramedic and saw an unusual text displaying his name in all caps.

Click on the link, said the message, which was from a number he didn’t recognize.

Fultz, 36, initially ignored the text but eventually followed the link leading to a website asking for his Social Security number. Fultz said he then realized a debt collector who repeatedly called and left what Fultz considered threatening voice mails had found a new way into his life.

“I was appalled. They can’t send text messages if it’s a debt collector,” said Fultz, of Ohio. “It was just shocking that they would do that. It felt like a scam.” Fultz filed suit and the debt collection company paid him $3,500 as part of a settlement.

For decades, debt collectors have relied on a limited set of communication tools: landlines and the U.S. mail. Now they are finding increasingly personal ways to reach the millions of Americans regulators say have been contacted by debt collectors. Some debt collectors worry that these contacts fall into a legal gray area because the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act was written 40 years ago and doesn’t directly address digital communications.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on Tuesday proposed rules that would give the industry the go-ahead to send consumers unlimited amounts of texts and emails, accelerating a trend the watchdog bureau says could be beneficial for everyone.

The proposal is a victory for debt collectors such as San Francisco-based TrueAccord. Instead of making a barrage of phone calls, TrueAccord sends out millions of emails and texts every month. Next, it hopes to contact delinquent consumers through chat programs such as WhatsApp.

Spoiler

“When you have a good online digital presence, you don’t need to make those calls,” said Ohad Samet, the company’s co-founder and chief executive. “The only question here is why hasn’t everyone else moved to digital-first models yet.”

But this digital-first approach has alarmed consumer advocates who worry that the CFPB could give an industry known for high pressure tactics a new way to violate consumers’ privacy. While many Americans understand how to deal with a pesky creditor calling their landline, their texts, emails and social media are new and more personal territory.

“People are able to ignore phone calls, and that is the thing debt collectors don’t like,” said David Phillips, an Illinois attorney who has filed dozens of lawsuits against debt collectors. “It’s as if a debt collector is able to show up at your house and pound on the door. That is the effect of a text message.”

In addition to addressing the use of email and text communications, the bureau also proposed limiting the number times a debt collector could call someone to seven times in a week. After reaching the consumer, the debt collector wouldn’t be allowed to call again for a week. It would also update the disclosures the companies must provide in written communications.

Consumers can still tell debt collectors to stop contacting them in any way, under the law.

The debt collection industry said it appreciates the CFPB proposal, but called the cap on the number of phone calls they can make “arbitrary.” It would “unnecessarily impede communications with consumers,” said a statement from Leah Dempsey, senior counsel for ACA International, a large industry lobbying group.

Consumer groups that had called for the CFPB to limit the industry to three calls a week were unhappy with the proposed rules.

The cap applies to individual debts owed by the consumer, said Linda Jun, senior policy counsel at Americans for Financial Reform. Someone with more than one bill in collections could quickly be inundated, Jun said. “It could add up quickly,” she said.

If the debt collectors emailed or texted too often it would be considered harassment and be illegal, according to the CFPB. But unlike with phone calls, the bureau is not proposing a specific cap on the number of contacts.

The proposal also asks debt collectors whether they anticipate using social media to contact consumers while prohibiting such contact if it could be viewed by a third party. Some debt collectors have already found ways to use social media.

Diandra Rivera of Brooklyn said she stopped posting to Facebook and closed her LinkedIn account after realizing debt collectors had started monitoring the sites. One combed through her LinkedIn page to find a former boss and even family members, who the debt collector then contacted, she said.

Another monitored her Facebook page. During phone calls with the debt collection agency, the representative would mention social outings she had posted on Facebook, Rivera said. The agent questioned why she was behind in repaying her student loan payments if she could afford to go to Applebee’s, Rivera said.

“It was really creepy,” she said.

The proposed rules are likely to set up a battle between debt collectors and consumer advocates. The CFPB received about 81,500 complaints about debt collectors in 2018, according to a report released in March, making the industry one of the agency’s most common sources of consumer complaints.

Giving debt collectors such wide latitude to expand digital communication is unwarranted, said Christine Hines, legislative director for the National Association of Consumer Advocates.

“With the extreme examples of debt collectors’ harassment and invasion of consumers’ privacy that we’ve seen, it’s always a bad idea to exempt debt collectors from liability or grant them a safe harbor, in any circumstance,” she said. “Seems like an invitation to encourage more abuse not deter it.”

But some industry officials say the move into the digital space could be transformative. Debt collectors are already combing through social media to track consumers’ digital footprints and building models to determine whether they would be more likely to respond to male or female voices.

TrueAccord, launched in 2014, has been attempting to put a friendly face on the debt collection industry and rarely calls consumers, Samet said. The company he co-founded “crunches a lot of data” to build a profile of consumers, based on what kind of products they have purchased and on their previous responses to attempted contacts, he said. Ninety percent of the company’s communication with consumers does not involve a human, he said.

“There is machine learning at play here,” he said.

Samet said he believes consumers appreciate TrueAccord’s approach. Text messages and emails are a “channel you engage with more frequently but if you don’t like my email it’s a swipe of the finger to make me go away. You can set up filters. You can do a lot of things to manage your communications,” he said.

The CFPB has received more than 50 complaints about TrueAccord since 2015, according to the bureau’s database, which doesn’t identify complainants.

“This lady keeps emailing me constantly. She has even went so far as to tell me that she knows I am opening the emails. She is harassing me at this point,” according to a complaint filed with the CFPB earlier this year. “This is not okay. Please help me.”

In 2017, a consumer told the CFPB that TrueAccord had been too aggressive. “This email was written in such a matter [as] to convince me that they will threaten me both physically and try to ruin my reputation. They stated they would use any means available to collect the money they say is owed,” according to the complaint.

Samet said the complaints are typical of the kind received by other service companies such as Comcast and a “fraction” of what competitors receive. “We never want people to complain,” he said.

To be sure, digital communications from creditors can sometimes be helpful to consumers. Emails and text messages create a footprint that can be used to track down debt collectors hiding behind post-office boxes and shell companies, said Ohio attorney Jonathan L. Hilton, who practices consumer law. In some cases, Hilton said he has subpoenaed Google or cellphone companies to find the names, addresses and even bank account information of debt collectors. “It’s very useful from the investigative side,” he said.

Vicki Chester, a retired nurse’s assistant, said she was being inundated with phone calls from a debt collector about an old $350 debt for months before she relented and made two $60 payments. “The calls were nasty,” said Chester, a client of Hilton’s. “I was tossing and turning every night wondering if I am going to be picked up.”

Finally, she asked the debt collector to send her an email with details about the debt. That is when Chester said she realized she was being hounded about money she didn’t owe. “I realized, this isn’t my debt,” said Chester, who received a $6,000 settlement against the debt collection agency. “They had the wrong Vicki.”

The 1977 Fair Debt Collection Practices Act was written before cellphones became the constant companion of millions of Americans. The law prohibits debt collectors from calling before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. and prohibits harassment. But it did not directly address most forms of digital communication.

The CFPB proposal would change that, which would be a relief for Elle Gusman.

Minnesota-based Direct Recovery Services has experimented with both text messages and emails, said Gusman, who founded the company in 2012. Emails were effective initially but then began getting flagged as spam by Google, especially when sent out in large batches, she said. The company even created a new domain name, but words included in the emails or their attachments -- such as debt, password, account, pay online -- would get flagged, she said.

“It won’t go through,” said Gusman.

Consumers also appeared to like receiving text messages about their delinquent bills, said Gusman. “Millennials just want to go online and pay” their bills, she said. “It would be crazy, within an hour of just sending our messages, we would get 20, 30 payments online.”

Sending the messages was expensive and it was difficult to include all of the required disclosures in a few characters, said Gusman.

One of the people Direct Recovery Services texted was Fultz, the Ohio paramedic, who said he found the messages intrusive.

The company has stopped the practice but Gusman said she is hoping the CFPB proposal will allow the company to try again.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I'm confused because I was told that the GOP is the fiscally responsible party and, with a robust economy and all these new tariffs, we'll be swimming in money and surplus.

All of it will be blamed on the House and/or Deep State/Mueller/fake news.

31 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Not Trump directly, but fuck him and the people he appointed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/05/07/trump-administration-wants-allow-debt-collectors-call-times-week-text-email-much-they-want/?utm_term=.c5229c302236

Reveal hidden contents

“When you have a good online digital presence, you don’t need to make those calls,” said Ohad Samet, the company’s co-founder and chief executive. “The only question here is why hasn’t everyone else moved to digital-first models yet.”

But this digital-first approach has alarmed consumer advocates who worry that the CFPB could give an industry known for high pressure tactics a new way to violate consumers’ privacy. While many Americans understand how to deal with a pesky creditor calling their landline, their texts, emails and social media are new and more personal territory.

“People are able to ignore phone calls, and that is the thing debt collectors don’t like,” said David Phillips, an Illinois attorney who has filed dozens of lawsuits against debt collectors. “It’s as if a debt collector is able to show up at your house and pound on the door. That is the effect of a text message.”

In addition to addressing the use of email and text communications, the bureau also proposed limiting the number times a debt collector could call someone to seven times in a week. After reaching the consumer, the debt collector wouldn’t be allowed to call again for a week. It would also update the disclosures the companies must provide in written communications.

Consumers can still tell debt collectors to stop contacting them in any way, under the law.

The debt collection industry said it appreciates the CFPB proposal, but called the cap on the number of phone calls they can make “arbitrary.” It would “unnecessarily impede communications with consumers,” said a statement from Leah Dempsey, senior counsel for ACA International, a large industry lobbying group.

Consumer groups that had called for the CFPB to limit the industry to three calls a week were unhappy with the proposed rules.

The cap applies to individual debts owed by the consumer, said Linda Jun, senior policy counsel at Americans for Financial Reform. Someone with more than one bill in collections could quickly be inundated, Jun said. “It could add up quickly,” she said.

If the debt collectors emailed or texted too often it would be considered harassment and be illegal, according to the CFPB. But unlike with phone calls, the bureau is not proposing a specific cap on the number of contacts.

The proposal also asks debt collectors whether they anticipate using social media to contact consumers while prohibiting such contact if it could be viewed by a third party. Some debt collectors have already found ways to use social media.

Diandra Rivera of Brooklyn said she stopped posting to Facebook and closed her LinkedIn account after realizing debt collectors had started monitoring the sites. One combed through her LinkedIn page to find a former boss and even family members, who the debt collector then contacted, she said.

Another monitored her Facebook page. During phone calls with the debt collection agency, the representative would mention social outings she had posted on Facebook, Rivera said. The agent questioned why she was behind in repaying her student loan payments if she could afford to go to Applebee’s, Rivera said.

“It was really creepy,” she said.

The proposed rules are likely to set up a battle between debt collectors and consumer advocates. The CFPB received about 81,500 complaints about debt collectors in 2018, according to a report released in March, making the industry one of the agency’s most common sources of consumer complaints.

Giving debt collectors such wide latitude to expand digital communication is unwarranted, said Christine Hines, legislative director for the National Association of Consumer Advocates.

“With the extreme examples of debt collectors’ harassment and invasion of consumers’ privacy that we’ve seen, it’s always a bad idea to exempt debt collectors from liability or grant them a safe harbor, in any circumstance,” she said. “Seems like an invitation to encourage more abuse not deter it.”

But some industry officials say the move into the digital space could be transformative. Debt collectors are already combing through social media to track consumers’ digital footprints and building models to determine whether they would be more likely to respond to male or female voices.

TrueAccord, launched in 2014, has been attempting to put a friendly face on the debt collection industry and rarely calls consumers, Samet said. The company he co-founded “crunches a lot of data” to build a profile of consumers, based on what kind of products they have purchased and on their previous responses to attempted contacts, he said. Ninety percent of the company’s communication with consumers does not involve a human, he said.

“There is machine learning at play here,” he said.

Samet said he believes consumers appreciate TrueAccord’s approach. Text messages and emails are a “channel you engage with more frequently but if you don’t like my email it’s a swipe of the finger to make me go away. You can set up filters. You can do a lot of things to manage your communications,” he said.

The CFPB has received more than 50 complaints about TrueAccord since 2015, according to the bureau’s database, which doesn’t identify complainants.

“This lady keeps emailing me constantly. She has even went so far as to tell me that she knows I am opening the emails. She is harassing me at this point,” according to a complaint filed with the CFPB earlier this year. “This is not okay. Please help me.”

In 2017, a consumer told the CFPB that TrueAccord had been too aggressive. “This email was written in such a matter [as] to convince me that they will threaten me both physically and try to ruin my reputation. They stated they would use any means available to collect the money they say is owed,” according to the complaint.

Samet said the complaints are typical of the kind received by other service companies such as Comcast and a “fraction” of what competitors receive. “We never want people to complain,” he said.

To be sure, digital communications from creditors can sometimes be helpful to consumers. Emails and text messages create a footprint that can be used to track down debt collectors hiding behind post-office boxes and shell companies, said Ohio attorney Jonathan L. Hilton, who practices consumer law. In some cases, Hilton said he has subpoenaed Google or cellphone companies to find the names, addresses and even bank account information of debt collectors. “It’s very useful from the investigative side,” he said.

Vicki Chester, a retired nurse’s assistant, said she was being inundated with phone calls from a debt collector about an old $350 debt for months before she relented and made two $60 payments. “The calls were nasty,” said Chester, a client of Hilton’s. “I was tossing and turning every night wondering if I am going to be picked up.”

Finally, she asked the debt collector to send her an email with details about the debt. That is when Chester said she realized she was being hounded about money she didn’t owe. “I realized, this isn’t my debt,” said Chester, who received a $6,000 settlement against the debt collection agency. “They had the wrong Vicki.”

The 1977 Fair Debt Collection Practices Act was written before cellphones became the constant companion of millions of Americans. The law prohibits debt collectors from calling before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. and prohibits harassment. But it did not directly address most forms of digital communication.

The CFPB proposal would change that, which would be a relief for Elle Gusman.

Minnesota-based Direct Recovery Services has experimented with both text messages and emails, said Gusman, who founded the company in 2012. Emails were effective initially but then began getting flagged as spam by Google, especially when sent out in large batches, she said. The company even created a new domain name, but words included in the emails or their attachments -- such as debt, password, account, pay online -- would get flagged, she said.

“It won’t go through,” said Gusman.

Consumers also appeared to like receiving text messages about their delinquent bills, said Gusman. “Millennials just want to go online and pay” their bills, she said. “It would be crazy, within an hour of just sending our messages, we would get 20, 30 payments online.”

Sending the messages was expensive and it was difficult to include all of the required disclosures in a few characters, said Gusman.

One of the people Direct Recovery Services texted was Fultz, the Ohio paramedic, who said he found the messages intrusive.

The company has stopped the practice but Gusman said she is hoping the CFPB proposal will allow the company to try again.

Slayed

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Jesus Christ, you and your "prediction markets".  Nobody gives a shit about those markets.  

Hey look at this one.

You can actually make more money by sucking less dick.  Don't say I never did you a solid.

tweet2.jpg

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

I'm confused because I was told that the GOP is the fiscally responsible party and, with a robust economy and all these new tariffs, we'll be swimming in money and surplus.

These. These are important. We don’t have an executive right now. And the world knows it.

A major crisis will happen - either due to some other power trying to take advantage of our rudderless ship, or one brought about by the hideous irresponsibility underway.

We are an advanced ship of state. Our autopilot is robust. But there can always come a time when we need a captain in the wheelhouse.

Our captain is in the shitter, tweetstorming to masturbate his ego. We’re fucked.

Remember when the Never Hillary folks raged on and on and on and on about the deplorables comment?   Especially the huge pussy CUCK Gary Johnson voting dork bloc.   It’s super weird that that same group of douchebags never has a word to say about any of the 100000% worse things their Cheeto Jesus says.  It’s almost like they are, deplorables....

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, RPM said:

Hillary was right about a lot of shit. The problem was she was Hillary.

No doubt.  Just odd that the things that most upset people about Hillary, now are reason to defend trump....from people who lie and say they didn’t vote for the dumbass 

Comey related the story about his firing on the CNN town hall. Said he got back to DC, and some staffer/courier had tried to deliver that letter of termination to his office. Cheeto couldn't even call him to fire him. 

Just now, retread said:

Comey related the story about his firing on the CNN town hall. Said he got back to DC, and some staffer/courier had tried to deliver that letter of termination to his office. Cheeto couldn't even call him to fire him. 

I don't think we have any examples of him firing anyone face-to-face during the whole 2+ years of his presidency, do we? He's always had someone else do it or he's announced it via Twitter. 

I don't think we have any examples of him firing anyone face-to-face during the whole 2+ years of his presidency, do we? He's always had someone else do it or he's announced it via Twitter. 

That would require balls. Trump is unfamiliar with balls unless they’re slapping against his chin.

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That would require balls. Trump is unfamiliar with balls unless they’re slapping against his chin.

It's perfectly fitting for a fraud who portrayed a successful businessman on a reality tv show and whose catch phrase was, "You're fired!" One wonders if he was actually in the presence of the people he was "firing" when they shot those scenes. Maybe Trump was alone in the studio shouting "You're fired!" at the camera and the reactions from the actors were shot separately and spliced in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Remember when the Never Hillary folks raged on and on and on and on about the deplorables comment?   Especially the huge pussy CUCK Gary Johnson voting dork bloc.   It’s super weird that that same group of douchebags never has a word to say about any of the 100000% worse things their Cheeto Jesus says.  It’s almost like they are, deplorables....

Oh, THOSE people?  Yeah, they fucking suck.  They totally do NOT support Trump but if you make a joke about the WH being incompetent...you know something they all universally agree on...they'll flip out no matter where it is.  TAKE THAT BACK TO CR.  Not only do they not have a word to say about the things their Cheeto Jesus says...they don't even want to hear you criticize him.  Odd!

Oh yeah, those guys definitely agree that Trump is an incompetent fuckstain.  

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh, THOSE people?  Yeah, they fucking suck.  They totally do NOT support Trump but if you make a joke about the WH being incompetent...you know something they all universally agree on...they'll flip out no matter where it is.  TAKE THAT BACK TO CR.  Not only do they not have a word to say about the things their Cheeto Jesus says...they don't even want to hear you criticize him.  Odd!

Oh yeah, those guys definitely agree that Trump is an incompetent fuckstain.  

I had drinks with a scouting buddy who was in town for a kid's graduation.  He was with his brother in law.  They went on and on about every Fox talking point. They hate AOC, are convinced that the democrats spied on Trump and that there was 'no collusion!'.   I asked if either had actually read the Mueller report or watched MSNBC to get a take on this other than Fox or Trump twitter.   Of course not.  The liberal media is the enemy of the people.  

Brisket is right. We are fucked.   Trump is not the problem.  The abject refutation of journalistic integrity and the fact that an alternate fact universe can exist that half the country thinks is true is the problem.    These guys are not evil.   But they simply have no clue what is going on, and feel that they are well informed.  They watch the news and listen to Rush.  What??  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I had drinks with a scouting buddy who was in town for a kid's graduation.  He was with his brother in law.  They went on and on about every Fox talking point. They hate AOC, are convinced that the democrats spied on Trump and that there was 'no collusion!'.   I asked if either had actually read the Mueller report or watched MSNBC to get a take on this other than Fox or Trump twitter.   Of course not.  The liberal media is the enemy of the people.  

Brisket is right. We are fucked.   Trump is not the problem.  The abject refutation of journalistic integrity and the fact that an alternate fact universe can exist that half the country thinks is true is the problem.    These guys are not evil.   But they simply have no clue what is going on, and feel that they are well informed.  They watch the news and listen to Rush.  What??  

Hope those were some stiff drinks.  Thankfully, I don't have many around my inner circle like that.  If anyone isn't completely against the orange turd, it's mostly the finance types who fully admit Trump is a complete dipshit but he's a useful tool for them. 

19 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Hope those were some stiff drinks.  Thankfully, I don't have many around my inner circle like that.  If anyone isn't completely against the orange turd, it's mostly the finance types who fully admit Trump is a complete dipshit but he's a useful tool for them. 

As a "finance type" the trade war and subsequent face first dive into global recession has turned most of my Gold Coast/Streeterville/River North brethren against Trump. 

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

As a "finance type" the trade war and subsequent face first dive into global recession has turned most of my Gold Coast/Streeterville/River North brethren against Trump. 

Yep, I’d agree.  They’re not for the other side but many of them fucking hate trump.  

Just a footnote to the last 10 or so pages:

You can show business loss in real estate virtually every year while your net worth explodes higher.(and cyclical higher and lower depending on property values)  If you don't sell and continue to pay off your properties, you can get great loans for more business dealings and still show losses(depreciation, interest expense, rehab expense, general expenses offsetting and sometimes eclipsing real income). 

It is tax code incentive to invest in new business, to rehab shit properties into rent bringing ones, etc etc.  

Carrying forward those losses is legal as well.  

Just a different perspective that a couple people were gently alluding to but possibly less explicitly wrt Trump's real estate business markers via tax forms every year being different than his net worth at any given moment.

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

The thing about the Mueller report is they can research it without the aid of the media but they still refuse to think for themselves. 

9 minutes ago, zork said:

Just a footnote to the last 10 or so pages:

You can show business loss in real estate virtually every year while your net worth explodes higher.(and cyclical higher and lower depending on property values)  If you don't sell and continue to pay off your properties, you can get great loans for more business dealings and still show losses(depreciation, interest expense, rehab expense, general expenses offsetting and sometimes eclipsing real income). 

It is tax code incentive to invest in new business, to rehab shit properties into rent bringing ones, etc etc.  

Carrying forward those losses is legal as well.  

Just a different perspective that a couple people were gently alluding to but possibly less explicitly wrt Trump's real estate business markers via tax forms every year being different than his net worth at any given moment.

Why won’t he release his taxes? I’ll give you a hint...they don’t show exploding net worth.

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Why won’t he release his taxes? I’ll give you a hint...they don’t show exploding net worth.

net worth is not marked to market on tax forms.   property values and stock values, not sold, fluctuate wildly and are only paper gains or losses till they are sold.  not shown on tax returns unless there was a transaction on part of the total portfolio generally.  unless that unicorn year in which everything was sold perhaps.  even then it wouldn't reflect total net worth on the tax forms.

6 minutes ago, zork said:

net worth is not marked to market on tax forms.   property values and stock values, not sold, fluctuate wildly and are only paper gains or losses till they are sold.  not shown on tax returns unless there was a transaction on part of the total portfolio generally.  unless that unicorn year in which everything was sold perhaps.  even then it wouldn't reflect total net worth on the tax forms.

I went here to educate myself on your fancy Tax Laws:

https://www.irs.gov/publications/p946

Then I decided to not learn anything about it and tell you that YOU ARE FAKE NEWS!

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Cry baby bitch

Does he think social media is a company?

The guy who relentlessly uses social media to attack everybody from John McCain on and who just yesterday called Biden "Sleepy-creepy Joe"  whines when people attack him on Social Media.

We are living in idiocracy. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

2 minutes ago, zork said:

regardless of any truth to what you're saying (which i'm sure is legit), there are two main reasons he won't show his returns:

1. he wants everyone to think he's way more successful/worth way more than he actually is - to match the narrative of how great a businessman he is, and how he's made billions, or whatever he's claimed.  even if the total "net worth" of an individual involved in heavy real estate activity is somewhat distorted, it still won't match his story.

2. because of #1, any financial trouble the returns/financials may show will reveal the possibility of him being compromised by an outside business or govt entity.  in most cases, this is a technicality, but in this case (the one time we can't see financials from a president), it's something he's actually being investigated for.  we deserve to see if he's already in bed, or is exposed in a way that would make him vulnerable and compromise his ability to run the country.  great businessman or not, it's pretty standard stuff for a public official to disclose.

the fact that he's lied repeatedly about it, and refused to do it (along with his c.o.s. going on tv saying the dems/america will literally never see it) is disconcerting to say the least.