Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Just now, Anastasis said:

Sorry man. Been up in the Rockies with intermittent access. Doesn’t appear much headway being made here none the less. 

Well I’m glad you got away and yes, not much headway has been made here I’m afraid. Hugo is trying his best though. Maybe someday the breakthrough will come through. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

You are right that name calling isn’t productive. But neither is resignation in the face of evil. 

It wasn’t rush who gave the word liberal a dirty word. The baby boomers did that to themselves long before rush and the corporate republican media machine came along. 

They kidnapped themselves man.

And the bums lost. Their revolution was over. The bums always lose. 

Whats important now is to make sure the nihilists like trump and his evil pet turtle don’t get the money. It really is that simple. 

Oddly, I'm a boomer. You're right and you're wrong the generation. Some did, some didn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

40  years from now there will be a class taught in high school that simply asks “why didn’t the American people remove trump from president before 2020 when he clearly was a criminal who didn’t care about the constitution and was only in it for himself?”

If only we can all live that long to help them answer that mystery.

Well you see Johnny, some people are just naturally born pieces of shit, and your great grandad had a busy job and ....

From Lincoln to Trump: The Rise and Fall of the Republican Party. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

NYT is guilty of treason!!!!

In other words, confirmation that the pentagon is hiding this information from Trump because they don't trust him not to betray our country. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

40  years from now there will be a class taught in high school that simply asks “why didn’t the American people remove trump from president before 2020 when he clearly was a criminal who didn’t care about the constitution and was only in it for himself?” 

We're not capable of governing, legislating, or policing ourselves anymore. There is new criminality seemingly every hour of the day, and there is no accountability. I don't know what the root cause is.

Some think that it lies with the people themselves (voters). Some say it lies with the pols in DC who are compromised via their search for power and their complicity with our enemies. I guess it's some combination.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

They aren't necessarily bigots. There is no need to paint with quite that broad a brush.  One can be staunchly pro-life but also strongly in support of civil right legislation for minorities, LGBT, etc.

I suppose anything is possible but if you can find anyone who fits that description then they're the exception that proves the rule. If you think you know someone like that then by all means fetch them hither so we might interview them. Because I've never encountered such a person. 

Show us the pro-life "single issue" voter who:

• Accepts that people are born gay, it isn't a choice, and that they're perfectly normal and safe and should enjoy the same freedoms as everyone else, including the right to marry. 
  • Understands and accepts the science of evolutionary biology and believes it should be taught in science class. And that ID/Creationism isn't science and should only be taught in church. 
  • Isn't religious and/or believes in the separation of church and state.
  • Is staunchly opposed to the death penalty because it's disproportionately applied to minorities and sometimes innocent, living breathing people are put to death. Because, you know, they're staunchly pro-life. 

I could probably go on but I doubt you could find anyone who meets all of those four criteria. I probably could've stopped after the first three. Hell, the second and third bullet points might have been sufficient. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, retread said:

We're not capable of governing, legislating, or policing ourselves anymore. There is new criminality seemingly every hour of the day, and there is no accountability. I don't know what the root cause is.

Some think that it lies with the people themselves (voters). Some say it lies with the pols in DC who are compromised via their search for power and their complicity with our enemies. I guess it's some combination.

One of our two political parties is rotten to the core.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Cause the two party system decided that the choices were trump and Clinton. And your girl decided to shit on the Midwest. 

LOL. I’m sure if we had even more parties we’d have some awesome choices....checks notes.....like GARY JOHNSON!!!   who makes Trump look like Thomas Jefferson.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

We should do that, but we wont. Because some of those schools will include browns and especially blacks.

Such classes might encourage young people to get out and vote, and then the GOP would have to spend a lot of money trying to suppress that vote.  

• Like 1

I’m always curious as to the folks who think...MOAR PARTIES....somehow think that means all the sudden we will end up with all these great candidates.   Myopic? Dreamers? Idiots? Morons?  Insane?  Do they think that a bunch of new parties would be drawing from some imaginary pool of AmericaNd?

37 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

I’m always curious as to the folks who think...MOAR PARTIES....somehow think that means all the sudden we will end up with all these great candidates.   Myopic? Dreamers? Idiots? Morons?  Insane?  Do they think that a bunch of new parties would be drawing from some imaginary pool of AmericaNd?

The GOP is seeking single party minority rule. Forgive me if I don't get all hysterical over the "two party system." 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I think it's a poor idea to keep dismissing Trump supporters as stupid. Name-calling that is often resorted to is also, in my opinion, counter-productive for a few reasons.

Trump's band of supporters are not homogenized yokel racists morons. 

I've met otherwise good and mildly thoughtful people who voted Trump and seem to be gritting their teeth under scorn waiting to vote for him again. I don't get it, but there it is. They're not traitors even if their vote is dangerous to the republic.

I prefer to stay engage with Trumpists who are clearly sincere and not blind followers or trolls. Maybe I can figure out where the problem is. Some combination of party-fanaticism, self-interest, and belief that the alternative to Trump/GOP (interchangeable terms now) is far more dangerous surely drives them. 

I'd rather stick to questioning and attacking those pillars of their belief rather than just calling someone an idiot. I mean, yes, there are surely idiots who post here as well as ideologues and trolls who deserve scorn, but that's not everyone.

So, there's my little soapbox speech of the day. I don't want to automatically transfer the seething fury and scorn I have for Trump, his administration, his elected toadies, and the actual deplorables to everyone who votes Trump.

Of course, name-calling and interrupted dinners are fair game for those named above. 

Almost all of my family who cast a vote did so for Dotard. I would say only one of them is a complete moron. Somehow he married a Hispanic woman and had three kids with her yet wants the wall built to the heavens. My mother always votes for the Democrat. She did not especially like Hillary though. She tried to give Dotard a chance, but she is not a supporter of him.

The rest of them are smart and successful. I talk to one of my cousins, but we do not talk politics. My brother cast a vote for Dotard. I never asked him about his vote, but he told me this week. He is also doing well, but I believe that he will not vote for him again. 

Dotard has some smart people who have voted for him. The issue is with the mouth-breathing crowd who could not possibly care any less about elections. 

46 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I have less respect for "smart" people who support Trump than the mouth-breathers.  Mouth-breathers are, well, morons.  Smart people should know better.  If you're intelligent and vote/support Trump, you are a true piece of shit, imo.   No fucking excuse. 

I am not thrilled about it. If they all vote for Dotard again I will probably lose contact with most of them to be honest. 

8 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

If we have to keep a two party system, does it have to be these fucking two?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Is your post above of a second hand tweet about that specific NYT article the only reference to it in this forum?

I mean holy shit, it’s saying Trump is outside the loop of our most sensitive national security efforts.  Because the risk of him betraying our country again for Putin is too real.  

26 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Is your post above of a second hand tweet about that specific NYT article the only reference to it in this forum?

I mean holy shit, it’s saying Trump is outside the loop of our most sensitive national security efforts.  Because the risk of him betraying our country again for Putin is too real.  

Kind of a digital Dr. Strangelove moment here...

“Hello Dimitri?...”