Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Me neither.
But note the 41 votes. And do your counting on how many votes would be required to convict after impeachment.

Looks like no one changed their previous votes to me.  Last time it was 59-41.  Once who didn't vote would have resulted in the same 59-41.  Not shocked, but at least they didn't change their votes in light of the inquiry in order to drum up support/back Trump.

it's pretty crazy to think the last R's holding on to this president (and likely their own seats) are using gaslighting as their one and only tactic.

"That report doesn't say what you think it says!"

"The president didn't ask for any favors!"

"I didn't talk to Ukraine!"

It's fucking nuts. when will it end with them?

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it's pretty crazy to think the last R's holding on to this president (and likely their own seats) are using gaslighting as their one and only tactic.

"That report doesn't say what you think it says!"

"The president didn't ask for any favors!"

"I didn't talk to Ukraine!"

It's fucking nuts. when will it end with them?

Hopefully in jail. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

How so?

He's using the awkwardness of being in front of the media to put Trump on the spot on various issues, and also batting away Trump's bullshit.   He tried to get Trump to commit to visit, and Trump says he'll try, and Z throws up his hands and rolls his eyes.  Trump lays on thick his typical bs about how great the Ukrainian people are, how much potential it has, etc., and Z says, yeah, I know, I'm from that country.   Each time getting big laughs from the crowd as Trump stewed.   Plus one or two other instances I forget. 

Edit:  also Trump talks about how other countries should be giving Ukraine help, and Z cuts in to say, we don't need help, we need support. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

He's using the awkwardness of being in front of the media to put Trump on the spot on various issues, and also batting away Trump's bullshit.   He tried to get Trump to commit to visit, and Trump says he'll try, and Z throws up his hands and rolls his eyes.  Trump lays on thick his typical bs about how great the Ukrainian people are, how much potential it has, etc., and Z says, yeah, I know, I'm from that country.   Each time getting big laughs from the crowd as Trump stewed.   Plus one or two other instances I forget. 

i think some of it is unintentional comedy.

12 minutes ago, TexLonghorn said:

hFB8C8B5C

It's really something to see how his brain works.  It's basically mush, so when he thinks about the memorandum that everyone is calling a transcript the only thing that comes to his mind is "letter." He knows that everyone thinks it's really bad so he needs to lie and tell everyone that actually it's not bad, which he automatically equates to "good," but because he's always bullshitting he doesn't just want to say "good" so he's got to describe this thing that he thinks is "good" as "great."  

• Like 2

Trump: "One of the, uh, elements that we discussed is the United States helps Ukraine, but I think that other countries should help Ukraine much more than they're doing.  Germany, France, uh, the European Union nations. They really should help you a lot more, and I think maybe together we'll work on that. They have to feel a little bit guilty about it because they don't do what they should be doing.  You're very important to the European Union, you're very important strategically very important, and I think they should spend a lot more in helping Ukraine.  And they know that also, and they actually tell me that.  But they don't seem to produce.  So, I'm sure you'll talk to them and I will certainly be talking to them.  

Zelensky: "Thank you very much, Mr. President.  Uh... and, you know... Now, we need... I want to tell you that we now love the new country.  And, I'm sorry, but we don't need help, we need support, real support.

Trump's that absent dad that thinks sending a check makes up for him not being there the rest of the year.

Edited by TexLonghorn

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

this is how the beginning of the great turn starts.

Hahahaha!  It seems like they took advantage of a critical responsibility of Congress only during the fog of Trump's other asshattery.  Trump is probably on board with it and begged them to do it where he could take a quiet loss.  

Just now, Chooky said:

Hahahaha!  It seems like they took advantage of a critical responsibility of Congress only during the fog of Trump's other asshattery.  Trump is probably on board with it and begged them to do it where he could take a quiet loss.  

i know, even as i typed that, i couldn't keep a straight face

Edit:  also Trump talks about how other countries should be giving Ukraine help, and Z cuts in to say, we don't need help, we need support. 

Z is an actor. He starred in a tv series playing the President. He’s not awkward in front of the press. He may be nervous, but he is use to being on stage.

Just now, Tuco said:

Z is an actor. He starred in a tv series playing the President. He’s not awkward in front of the press. He may be nervous, but he is use to being on stage.

I meant the awkwardness of the situation, particularly for Trump.   Z was definitely comfortable and opened with a joke about meeting in person instead of on the phone.  Trump looked like he was dreading what might come out of Z's mouth next.  

Bubbles knowing that something is fucky is honestly the best reaction right now and I can't get enough.  Triple post whatever, leave them up.  Far into the future when history books attempt to explain this entire era it should just be a picture of a suspicious and confused Bubbles.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

The funniest part is that he was obviously trying to repeat the "Pelosi isn't Speaker, AOC is" talking point, but his dumbass forgot the second half.

obviously this has been going on for a while.

who'd have thought the idea that the entire democratic party getting hijacked by a 29 year old freshman congresswoman would be not only completely believable, but also such red meat for the right.

so odd.