Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is wishful thinking pipe dream stuff but....

There is a non-zero chance this ends in resignation.  

Senate isn’t going to convict but if it’s bad enough, they could compel Trump to resign to avoid going on record with a vote.  It would also be the easiest exit ramp for the GOP from Trump and salvage something more formidable for the 2020 election.  

Let me repeat, this is not going to happen but this scenario is on the table for the GOP. 

It won’t help him on the state level, but if he wants a sweet federal pardon for he and his family, he will have to resign and let Pence do the pardoning (assuming Pence isn’t busy going down).  

Pits fascinating that Trump is so obsessed and risking so much over Joe Biden.  

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It won’t help him on the state level, but if he wants a sweet federal pardon for he and his family, he will have to resign and let Pence do the pardoning (assuming Pence isn’t busy going down).  

Pits fascinating that Trump is so obsessed and risking so much over Joe Biden.  

I still contend Trump doesn’t make it to November 2020.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loco said:

Actually I don't think you fully understand how that cult works...  You're giving way too much credit to Dotard to come up with these fringe lunatic ideas.  Someone is putting these ideas in his vacuous little skull and winding him up.    For the record, it's not one group, it's lots of disparate influences that have figured out how to make the zombie move.

yeah, it's probably worse than you think

1:00-- the nightmare begins. Good analogy to our body politic, Loco

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I still contend Trump doesn’t make it to November 2020.   

I'm coming around to this.  Although I think it's more likely for health reasons than any of the scandals.  And I think he'll then be martyred by the right, and we'll be even more fucked than we are now.

• Like 1

His last UN speech was his worst prepared speech during his presidency thus far, littered full of obvious contradictions. 
It will be hard to top.

Was this the one where they openly laughed at him? There’s zero chance that hasn’t eaten at him since
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I'm coming around to this.  Although I think it's more likely for health reasons than any of the scandals.  And I think he'll then be martyred by the right, and we'll be even more fucked than we are now.

I'm not a huge fan of Trump leaving before the election. That just means Pence takes over. And he's not as obvious a criminal and has a better chance of being re-elected than Trump. I want Trump to simmer in the seat for the rest of his presidency. Imeached but no conviction and the Republican Senators have put their loyalty to Trump on historical record. Let him sit there knowing he's going to have major issues in NY and may be spending his time after being President in prison.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sachick said:

I'm not a huge fan of Trump leaving before the election. That just means Pence takes over. And he's not as obvious a criminal and has a better chance of being re-elected than Trump. I want Trump to simmer in the seat for the rest of his presidency. Imeached but no conviction and the Republican Senators have put their loyalty to Trump on historical record. Let him sit there knowing he's going to have major issues in NY and may be spending his time after being President in prison.

Disagree strongly. VDOTARD does not rally the crazies like DOTARD. VDOTARD would lose a general election, bigly.

watching what little of that speech I could stomach, I couldn't help but notice that I had the same reaction to him speaking as I did when Gaddafi addressed the UN. It was pro-me bullshit and barely anyone was paying attention. Only this time, it's the President. Of the United States.

Impeach, you cowards!

1 hour ago, sachick said:

Pence has the charisma of navel lint.  I would place odds that Pence is fired and someone else becomes president. Don Jr., Mick Mulvaney, or Ted Nugent is waiting in line.

• Like 1

You guys are flat out pipedreaming.  Trump will never, ever resign.  Never.  His ego fueled by narcissism will not allow it.

He may be impeached, but he'll never be removed.  Not by McConnell's Senate.  

And let's just say, for grins, that somehow enough Romney-esque brows are furrowed that McConnell trots over to the White House and says, "we don't have the votes."  

He's still.  not.  going. to. go. willingly.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Teleprompter set up guys trolling DOTARD by putting the teleprompter too far away for him to see. They know he's too vain to actually wear glasses, like every other normal 70+ yr old.

There's actually a pretty solid hypothesis out there that he's not so much illiterate as he is blind -- he desperately needs glasses to read anything, but he's too vain to wear them.  So, we get teleprompters with HUGE type on them, or we get him having trouble reading anything normal size.

There's literally no aspect of him that's not laughably shitty.