Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

9 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Bubbles knowing that something is fucky is honestly the best reaction right now and I can't get enough.  Triple post whatever, leave them up.  Far into the future when history books attempt to explain this entire era it should just be a picture of a suspicious and confused Bubbles.

qb0lJHh.gif

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

obviously this has been going on for a while.

who'd have thought the idea that the entire democratic party getting hijacked by a 29 year old freshman congresswoman would be not only completely believable, but also such red meat for the right.

so odd.

Not just any 29 year old.

One with brown skin and a ethnic last name.  

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m sorry, but even the redacted memorandum of the call that the White House almost assuredly put out as disinformation basically corroborates that he tried to extort Ukraine into knee capping Biden.  Amazing.

The Republicans are going to come up with the most retarded “whatabout” shit ever to defend this.  I wait with half sadness, and half eager anticipation at the absurdist comedy that will ensue.  

the word on cable news is that the republicans thought releasing this (in its current form) would get the dems off their back and prove their case.  obviously they are going with the whole "but there's no quid pro quo" defense, which obviously isn't completely true, and we haven't seen all the other calls, or the whistleblower complaint.  it has in turn done the opposite.

this and the whole 'forwarding our talking points to democratic house members then asking for them back' should remind us all that there were once some smart people who worked for the trump administration, but they've all quit or gotten fired.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the word on cable news is that the republicans thought releasing this (in its current form) would get the dems off their back and prove their case.  obviously they are going with the whole "but there's no quid pro quo" defense, which obviously isn't completely true, and we haven't seen all the other calls, or the whistleblower complaint.  it has in turn done the opposite.

this and the whole 'forwarding our talking points to democratic house members then asking for them back' should remind us all that there were once some smart people who worked for the trump administration, but they've all quit or gotten fired.

That is the problem with the Republican argument of "there is no quid pro quo" defense, once the cloth gets pulled back a bit and it shows there was, they will have backed themselves into a corner. 

The quid pro quo does not matter one bit and the Democrats need to screaming that from every hill.  Simply asking for their help by investigating Biden broke the law.  Nothing needed to be promised in return for it.  Don't let them move the goalposts because they will never stop doing it.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Man this press conference has the potential to be the holy grail of stupid. 

Wait did I miss a press conference? He was with Zelensky about an hour ago. That the one you talking about or is there another one? Because I can't tell the difference between all his ridiculous press conferences.

Just now, sachick said:

Wait did I miss a press conference? He was with Zelensky about an hour ago. That the one you talking about or is there another one? Because I can't tell the difference between all his ridiculous press conferences.

There was supposed to be one at the top of the hour. Obviously honoring huckabeef sander's legacy by starting incredibly late.

1 minute ago, sachick said:

he's got another one coming up, which i anticipate is going to be amazing

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well, they've told us all along that you can't take Trump literally but you have to take him seriously. He didn't literally propose a quid pro quo. He just implied one so he's guilty. Thanks Fox News!

But, he was just joking!  You just don't get Trump's refined sense of humor.

Oh, and also, Trump meant to say "don't look into Joe Biden" on the call!   Simple mistake!

15 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The quid pro quo does not matter one bit and the Democrats need to screaming that from every hill.  Simply asking for their help by investigating Biden broke the law.  Nothing needed to be promised in return for it.  Don't let them move the goalposts because they will never stop doing it.

I think it matters.  I wrote yesterday on this.  I don't think it is a defense you'd see too much until time to vote in the Senate, but I don't think campaign finance violations like this is a slam dunk high crime or misdemeanor.  You can have crimes that aren't also impeachable.  This might be one.  

The “Quid” is a Crime: No Need to Prove “Pro Quo”

Federal law prohibits a foreign national from directly or indirectly making a “contribution or donation of money or other thing of value” in connection with a U.S. election, and prohibits a person from soliciting, accepting or receiving such a contribution or donation from a foreign national. Federal law defines “contribution” to include “any gift … of money or anything of value made by any person for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal office.” And the FEC by regulation defines “solicit” to mean “to ask, request, or recommend, explicitly or implicitly, that another person make a contribution, donation, transfer of funds, or otherwise provide anything of value.”

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

holy shit, trump really doesn't understand the difference between using political pressure for personal vs national interests. Or, he views his personal reelection as a national interest.

Well duh, God put him in the presidency to save the USA so anything that benefits him staying President benefits the USA. It's all part of the divine plan. How hard is that to understand libtard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

holy shit, trump really doesn't understand the difference between using political pressure for personal vs national interests. Or, he views his personal reelection as a national interest.

in explaining the whole thing to the wife last night, i was like, "and i'm not sure about the timing, but he held back foreign aid money that we were sending to ukraine."

she was like, "but wait, he can't do that, right?  i mean, it's not his money."

the wife just broke through to a conclusion trump hasn't yet discovered.