Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

46 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

The thought that we don't want healthy, educated, safe children is so 'Murican it fucking hurts my head and heart.

There is not an insignificant portion of Trump's base that wants their children to learn their science from the bible, are proud of how many mcdonald nuggets their kid can eat, and thinks they should put a gun in their backpack to keep them safe. 

Dumb, fat and dangerous. Generation Trumpers. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/us/politics/trump-whistle-blower-spy.html

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Thursday morning told a crowd of staff from the United States Mission to the United Nations that he wants to know who provided information to a whistle-blower about his phone call with the president of Ukraine, saying that whoever did so was “close to a spy” and that “in the old days,” spies were dealt with differently.

The remark stunned people in the audience, according to a person briefed on what took place, who had notes of what the president said. Mr. Trump made the statement about several minutes into his remarks before the group of about 50 people at the event intended to honor the United States Mission. At the outset, he condemned the former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s role in Ukraine at a time when his son Hunter Biden was on the board of a Ukrainian energy company.

Mr. Trump repeatedly referred to the whistle-blower and condemned the news media reporting on the complaint as “crooked.” He then said the whistle-blower never heard the call in question.

“I want to know who’s the person who gave the whistle-blower the information because that’s close to a spy,” Mr. Trump said. “You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart with spies and treason, right? We used to handle it a little differently than we do now.”

11 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

"In the old days, we were smarter and just executed spys.  These officials ratting on my phone call should feel lucky we're not in old times."

Is there any other honest conclusion that can be drawn from this particular rambling?  There really is no bottom...

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

"ratting" would seem to imply you did something untoward, Donald.

Be careful there, Donald is the son of Christ.  Frederick Christ Trump.                                                                                                                                                                 

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I just can’t wait for this to all end. What a fucking nightmare this has been.

seriously. i don't think i can measure the amount of additional stress i've been under the last couple of years because of this clown in office. he needs to go ASAP. not only is he clearly unwell, he's also a bad person. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I don't know why I find this the most enraging thing today, when fuck knows there's been far worse Trump misconduct.   But FFS if my 6 year old niece talked about other people that way, she'd be in far more serious trouble than this 70 something grown ass man.  He's the worst.  Other than the people who cheer this crap on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I just can’t wait for this to all end. What a fucking nightmare this has been.

i just played around with an electoral college tracker and using the Inside Elections map came up with a very plausible 269-269 tie (FL, WI, NC go trump).  which means . . . it will never end.

7 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Those kids wouldn’t be in a situation where they need free lunches in order to not starve if they hadn’t made bad decisions.

- @Johnny Sack

aka the guy that grew up flying on his grandpa’s private plane.

You aren't far from the truth.

My wife has a coworker who feels very strongly that the free school lunch program should not exist at all.  She's known him for close to 15 years now, and he's always been Team R.  He drinks the Kool Aid as well, and he's now a full blown MAGA  convert.

His position is the federal government has absolutely no business feeding children, and if they are hungry, so what, it's the parent's responsibility.  Wife has argued with him that is stupid, and (example) 6 year old kids with irresponsible parents can't help themselves here, but to no avail.  He hates the idea of the NSLP.

5 hours ago, Fozzz said:

You don't find it disturbing that, in a country supposedly under a democratic government, it is more consequential to break into a hotel room than it is  to illegally slaughter innocents by the tens or hundreds of thousands?  That it is more consequential to ask a foreign official to dig up dirt on a political rival than it is to illegally abet genocide?  Murder and genocide seem to be more consequential for those killed, but I suppose their lives don't hold much value in our society.   

Negged for being way off topic and clumsily attempting to appear non-partisan. At its heart, your post seems to want to be, "well, he didn't commit genocide, so what's the big deal? All impeachments are trivial."

By all means start another thread about should presidents be impeached for war crimes committed in the name of policies they support or initiate. Nixon and Kissinger both belonged in jail when they left office for the international murders they supported and funded. Nixon even made a deal with the South Vietnamese not to sign a peace deal to help him win the presidential election against Humphrey. He promised them a better deal. Not relevant to this latest crime of Trump

Your attempt to rehabilitate your image from an oblique Trump defender is weak.

Hate to neg you because your avatars have been first rate.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, kevwun said:

Russian campaign contributions funneled through the NRA and elsewhere.  A lot of them have fed at that trough and they don't want it to come out.

I agree and have said so before. Trump can uncover the whole criminal operation that was in place before he blundered into being the leader of the party. The GOPs never imagined they'd lose control of their treasonous little scam to get rich.

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

How will our resident Trumpkins spin this?

Again, this is also a farm program, isn't it? The money goes to the American food producing industry which is always in surplus. 

I will guess that vendors who supply school meals want to be able to charge more and make more.

Cruelty for profit is another of our brands.

I hope we're charging the concentration camp kids rent. No free rides!

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

nobody is building this asshole a library.  he'll get half of a ballroom at mar a lago to show off all of his "accomplishments."

If you think Liberty University won't fall all over themselves to build a library for Trump, you're not paying attention.