Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Pence doesn't have this problem because I'm sure Mother proofreads his tweets.

On another note, do you suppose the 'Jim Baker; that former Trump attorney, John Dowd was trying to reach (from a tweet by a Daily Beast reporter-see below) was actually Peter Baker of the NYT? Trying to control the narrative before the tweet storm begins?

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Great now I have the Police song stuck in my head.

resolve to call him out, a thousand tweets a day
Insult him like a 3rd grader in some old fashioned way
But my fumbling thumbs they fail me
As I squint to read my phone
And why can't I spell thisareus
Someone get me Roger Stone

Every liddle' thing

Not bad. 

I think DJ has found his new Hurricane Dorian. Someone hand the man a new Sharpie and stand back.

And if Jacob Wohl can offer a bounty for the leak from the WH, someone at Merriam-Webster needs to front some cash to the intrepid trollster who can trot out two years of Trump spelling/grammar mistakes (look on his deleted Tweet list) and get them published writ large. The sooner the better.

8 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Stop trying to make perfect conversation happen.  It’s not going to happen. 

Seriously.  He tries to provide his boot lickers something  to go with in these tweets.  But no one is gonna go off and repeat perfect conversation.  It’s dumber than his base.  

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Seriously.  He tries to provide his boot lickers something  to go with in these tweets.  But no one is gonna go off and repeat perfect conversation.  It’s dumber than his base.  

He's trying to get it trending on Twitter to replace all the ones trending from his earlier disaster tweet. 

He just needs the "perfect cheer" to get it trending.c272fd450a683f9a81c68d130eba1d90.gif

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Trump Implies Whistleblowers Should Be Executed, Which May Conflict With Rules Protecting Whistleblowers

May conflict?  Jesus f'ing Christ the media dances around the issues.

If threatening a whistleblower with death doesn't break the rules, the rules need to be changed.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 2

May conflict?  Jesus f'ing Christ the media dances around the issues.
If threatening a whistleblower with death doesn't break the rules, the rules need to be changed.

I turned on CNN yesterday afternoon and the first thing I saw was Jake Tapper asking about this, “could this possibly be interpreted as....”
Yes. Yes it could. For fucks sake.

48 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Of the eleventy billion insanely idiotic Trump idiosyncrasies, one of my absolute favorites is this one -- that thing where he tweets in quotes, but he's only quoting himself.

Imagine that you lived your life like this:

Deranged tweet 1: I satisfy all the ladies.  Everyone says that I have the biggest penis the world has ever seen.  No woman has ever complained, and they tell all they're friends, who want it too!!!!!!!

Deranged tweet 2: "BRISKETEXAN HAS THE BIGGEST PENIS THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!!!!"

There's not a single aspect of this fuckwit that isn't substandard.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I was thinking this very thing this morning.  It is like we are his psychologists, listening to him vent on every issue out there and getting insight into how he thinks.  I think this is truly a unique time in history.  We have never gotten an unfiltered view into a US President's brain before.  Lots a' buffahs.  And I expect we never will again.  Twitter is a cursed website, but this one aspect is really amazing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

How can anybody be so gullible as to be taken in by this obvious fraudster? I'll never understand it. 

After millenia of fraudsters, snake oil salesmen, and con-men, why do con-men still exist?

Because easily conned people still exist.  They always will.

Intellectually, this country is the equivalent of someone who just sent their life savings to a Nigerian prince, just knowing that he'll use it to free up the $50 million he has tied up in a Swiss bank account, after which he'll happily give them their 10% cut, for a smooth $5 million payday.  America is that fucking stupid.

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

We can clear this up quickly, Mr. President...how about releasing all the conversations with foreign leaders you've had your people hide on the super classified computer?

This in a nutshell. Between Rudy going off the deep end and the fact that the evidence has been collaborated between the whistle blower accounts and the edited phone transcripts in this one instance, the President would be wise to shut the fuck up. But we know he can't do that, so that hole he's digging is only getting deeper. I can only imagine the incriminating evidence that's being stashed away from public view.

9 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I was thinking this very thing this morning.  It is like we are his psychologists, listening to him vent on every issue out there and getting insight into how he thinks.  I think this is truly a unique time in history.  We have never gotten an unfiltered view into a US President's brain before.  Lots a' buffahs.  And I expect we never will again.  Twitter is a cursed website, but this one aspect is really amazing.

Out of all the brains and all the presidencies, this one had to twitter into our lives...

12 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Man, I just finished a business dinner and I never talk politics or religion but somehow my client (around 40 years old) started talking about the news today and I said it looks like Trump may be in trouble.  Next thing I know this guy is going off on how Biden and his son are the crooks not Trump and Trump is the greatest president ever, the economy is the best this country has ever seen thanks to him, the world loves us again thanks to him, and on and on and on.  He then added that Trump cleaned up the housing mess caused by the Democrats that Obama couldn’t fix.  I had maybe too many bourbons so I asked if he watches Fox News and he said it is the only real news and everything else is fake.  I said maybe go look at Reuters, BBC, AP, instead of CNN and MSNBC and see if those are more neutral and he railed on about how all of those are liberal and lie about our president.  I will add that this guy is a very smart, successful business man and I was kind of shocked.  If people like him believe everything they are told by Trump and Fox News I think I may have to take my bottle of William Larue Weller and join Brisket on his ledge.  Holy Shit!

The Irony is that this is that FOX is the ONLY national large broadcast news network with no loyalty to the United States from a management perspective (thanks Newt Gingrich) and thus the focus is NOT truth, but market share.  It's controlled by the Murdock's.

The funnest part about talking to successful folks about the "best economy ever" is telling them that it's a damn fine economy.  I just wish trump could produce as many jobs as Obama did.  They will look at you incredulously and say you are crazy.  Then I simply point out that no, that if you go backward in Obama's term, and count Trump's monthly job number, Trump has not produced as many job's as Obama did in the same timeframe. IN fact Trump is about 1,000,000 jobs SHORT of Obama's performance. Forbes- Trump is falling almost 1 million jobs short vs Obama -  July 5th 2019

The last really smart rich guy that had this diiscussion with me told me he "did not like my facts" to which I explained they are not my facts they are the federal  facts.  in the end he got very mad and I got to see a guy who got a $25 million check for selling one of his businesses last year storm off made telling me exactly like an elementarty school child, Ii'm smarter than you!" As he ran out the door.  I think he regrets saying how great the Trump economy is,. It was deeply emotionally disturbing to him that his complete misperception of reality was devoid of factual support.  Welcome to FOX News!

Edited by horn4life
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I turned on CNN yesterday afternoon and the first thing I saw was Jake Tapper asking about this, “could this possibly be interpreted as....”
Yes. Yes it could. For fucks sake.

It's like when Anderson Cooper interviewed AOC and she called dotard a racist.  "How could you say that?"  Then a few weeks later he tells the squad to go back to their own countries.

How indeed.

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

When the president's a joke...I'd prefer the news outlets to be serious.

You know, I'm sure what I don't know about news anchors/journalists could fill the Titanic, but I have found myself wondering what Roger Mudd, Walter Cronkite, et al would be reporting and how. I have no knowledge about whether those fellows were ethical, but I do recall my parents watching their broadcasts if they happened to be home. My parents never got into Fox before they passed (thank heavens) but back when I was young, I know my folks paid attention to the investigative news and enjoyed watching 60 minutes. They never had the opportunity to attend college, but they tried to keep up with the national news. If I had to guess, they believed that reading and being informed on policy and politics was part of a citizen's duty. They didn't seem too fond of the populist types probably because where they grew up, those politicians were too similar to the folks that went into roofing scams after tornadoes.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

After millenia of fraudsters, snake oil salesmen, and con-men, why do con-men still exist?

Because easily conned people still exist.  They always will.

Intellectually, this country is the equivalent of someone who just sent their life savings to a Nigerian prince, just knowing that he'll use it to free up the $50 million he has tied up in a Swiss bank account, after which he'll happily give them their 10% cut, for a smooth $5 million payday.  America is that fucking stupid.

It's just that Trump is so transparent. I can understand getting fooled by Ronald Reagan. I was fooled by Ronald Reagan. I'll never understand how anyone could be fooled by Donald Trump. (But then I'll also never understand how people can mistake reality tv for reality and I know there's a fundamental connection between those two things.)

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It's just that Trump is so transparent. I can understand getting fooled by Ronald Reagan. I was fooled by Ronald Reagan. I'll never understand how anyone could be fooled by Donald Trump. (But then I'll also never understand how people can mistake reality tv for reality and I know there's a fundamental connection between those two things.)

You don't understand how to doddering, sunsetting generation that is prone to fallacious thinking and con-men would get tricked by reality tv president? It's the people who were coming of age during reagan, and who cannot admit they're wrong even with faced with evidence. Of fucking course they're fooled.

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You don't understand how to doddering, sunsetting generation that is prone to fallacious thinking and con-men would get tricked by reality tv president? It's the people who were coming of age during reagan, and who cannot admit they're wrong even with faced with evidence. Of fucking course they're fooled.

We were taught that the wolf would come dressed in sheep's clothing. Trump is all wolf walking into the flock and asking, "What's for dinner?" as he bares his teeth and sharpens his knife. I never thought I'd see a cult of personality around an American president. But if it was going to happen, I never could've dreamed it would happen surrounding such a reprehensible personality. 

• Like 3