Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

13 minutes ago, Captainant said:

This is what everyone against nancy being in charge was afraid of. Same old limp-wristed shit.

While this was a common concern, the alternative to Nancy was who?  

AOC and a few other freshmen are the only democrats in Congress to demonstrate any kind of spine.  

I'd prefer any of them as speaker but it was unrealistic to make one of them the literal Party Leader so early. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, David Dennison said:

I asked this in the other thread, but what should she do? What actions should she take as Speaker of the House?

She could I dunno, not fucking shrug at another corroborated and credible rape accusation? She could open a fucking impeachment inquiry in a timely manner to get more legal weight behind their subpoenas to actually investigate trump, rather than trying to delay/time it for maximum political damage while the country is being dragged deeper every single fucking day.

We have fucking concentration camps on the border. We have historic and unprecedented levels of obstruction of legitimate (and in some cases, constitutionally mandated) congressional investigations. We have so many things wrong that she could at least be shining a light on or digging up. 

We saw how much she can do to bend people to her will when it was about consolidating power to win the speakership again. And now, she's fucking powerless to do more than just shrug at all of this? Fuck that.

• Like 6

Just now, Captainant said:

She could I dunno, not fucking shrug at another corroborated and credible rape accusation? She could open a fucking impeachment inquiry in a timely manner to get more legal weight behind their subpoenas to actually investigate trump, rather than trying to delay/time it for maximum political damage while the country is being dragged deeper every single fucking day.

We have fucking concentration camps on the border. We have historic and unprecedented levels of obstruction of legitimate (and in some cases, constitutionally mandated) congressional investigations. We have so many things wrong that she could at least be shining a light on or digging up. 

We saw how much she can do to bend people to her will when it was about consolidating power to win the speakership again. And now, she's fucking powerless to do more than just shrug at all of this? Fuck that.

Calling the inquiry impeachment isn't going to put any more legal weight behind the subpoenas. 

Also, Donald Trump is never going to be removed from office, so the timing of his impeachment for the best political outcome is paramount. The last thing you want to do is impeach the president and have him get re-elected. 

They are going to impeach Donald Trump. They have to get the timing right because they can't remove him. That's politics and it sucks.

• Like 2

Calling the inquiry impeachment isn't going to put any more legal weight behind the subpoenas. 

Yes it does. It shifts the legal description of their activities from "oversight" to "judicial proceeding", which will aid significantly in securing documents and testimony from people who have been resisting congressional subpoenas. Nancy doesn't want to do that because it will weaken her individual power in the house of reps. She likes to be on top, even if it's a shit mountain. She was the one driving the boat when they had a historically bad electoral loss in 2014 AND 2016. She's been in charge for all of the darkest hours of the DNC. It's not an incredible observation to see that she's been a common denominator in all of the democratic party's failings.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Bullshit. She's trying to let Trump hang himself for the general election. Meanwhile, Trumpublicans are suppressing likely Dem votes and Putin is going to HAM. 

Pelosi is a coward who is abrogating her Constitutional duty and bungling every step along the way.

We'll see.

If Donald Trump loses in 2020 and Democrats keep the House, Nancy Pelosi did the right thing. We still don't know what she is going to do. We are guessing.

jesus, she's running out the clock because her team has the ball and the lead.  stop trying to explain it away, this is what's happening.  if she needed impeachment proceedings to win the election, they would've started already.  

mueller is testifying, and nothing he says will change anything about people's opinions about trump or russia, and the polling will not change regardless of what he says on july 17th.

separately, did anyone follow the "fact checking" from those gop twitter sites last night?  i know they were cocked and ready.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Yes it does. It shifts the legal description of their activities from "oversight" to "judicial proceeding", which will aid significantly in securing documents and testimony from people who have been resisting congressional subpoenas. Nancy doesn't want to do that because it will weaken her individual power in the house of reps. She likes to be on top, even if it's a shit mountain. She was the one driving the boat when they had a historically bad electoral loss in 2014 AND 2016. She's been in charge for all of the darkest hours of the DNC. It's not an incredible observation to see that she's been a common denominator in all of the democratic party's failings.

That's an argument. It is not law.

That's an argument. It is not law.

Well I'm glad the democrats are led by someone who's driven to act and test those arguments in the pursuit of ACTUAL FUCKING ACCOUNTABILITY. Oh wait, no they aren't. They're led by the woman who led their party into this desert in the first place. 

Nancy is going to shit the bed on this, and our democracy will pay for it. I have zero faith in her ability to operate outside of the democratic party power structure. She's been getting walked all over by the whitehouse and senate republicans, and just shrugs when more bad news comes in. Definitely the type of leader that will do the right thing.

It's beyond shitty, but I also think it's too soon to go full bore for impeachment ONLY because GOP is complicit and will cover for him no matter what. 

It's insane that Mitch and the rest of GOP leadership are getting a pass every fucking day for this serial lying self dealing sexual predator inhabiting the WH.  They are the ones who in concert with Dems can properly deal with this piece of shit.  They're not going to.  So the best 'bad' option is to wait so that the damage is fresh on voters' minds with a goal that not only Trump's re-election is hamstrung, but also Senate GOP seeking re-election are scorched with little time to move on and have it largely forgotten by the public.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Is it just me or does it look like there are fingerprints on her upper arm (like someone squeezed so hard they left a mark)?

Looks like he had some of his orange make up on his hand before he groped his daughter.

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They should impeach Trump because it’s the right thing to do, but I’ve also come around to thinking impeaching him is not a bad political play, either.  

There are so many people in this country who are either completely uninformed or just incapable of grasping what the Mueller Report and all of Trump’s other shenanigans mean.  Not al of them are in the tank Trumpkins no matter what.  There are people who may buy into the idea that it’s fake news and Trump must not have really done anything seriously wrong if Dems talk a big game but don’t try to impeach him.   The Senate rigging the trial and refusing to convict is a lot easier to explain than why the Democrat House decided it wasn’t worthwhile to pursue the matter.

What DD is pointing out above re "the impeachment process is happening" relates to the courts.  There is a slow roll happening between House subpoenas and court rulings in the face of total WH obstruction of any and all cooperation with even basic oversight functions.  Trump is losing those court decisions one after the other.  There will be a threshold in the foreseeable future when no more waiting will be necessary due to the cumulative impact of court rulings and that is when the House can put impeachment on blast. 

The undesired alternative is that House formally goes after impeachment 'now' to capture the public's attention only to lose it again through the inevitable waiting game through the courts.  So the court process IS and has been going on, with little fanfare, without calling it "Impeachment inquiry/process" and whetting public appetite for immediate results.  I think it's this dynamic that Pelosi is navigating.  She's getting criticized for not doing the work that she knows is already well underway, but stands to lose momentum and be targeted for lack of results if she formally calls it part of the foundation of an impeachment process.  It's coming.

52 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

"Despite the fact that this tweet comes from the President of the United States, it is probably untrue. Twitter research shows that the vast majority of tweets coming from this account are untrue, misogynistic, wrong, stupid, or some combination of all four."

Let the hilarity begin.

14 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Tweet bashing the Dalai Lama in 3...2...

"What kind of person would name his lama Dollie?  When I had a lama, everybody said it was the best lama they had ever seen. Nobody lama'ad like my lama. His name was Big Stanley which I named after a part of my anatomy that I won't mention but believe me there are no problems there!"

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I think they are going to impeach him.

Some of you think they aren't.

One of those things will happen.

Donald Trump will still be president until January 20, 2021.

How they act now impacts who will be president on January 21, 2021.

5 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Ivanka Trump 37
Jared Kushner 38
Mick Mulvaney 51 
Wilbur Ross 81
Mike Pompeo 55
Trump 73
Steve Mnuchin 56
Bob Lighthizer 71
John Bolton 70
Dan Scavino 43
Peter Navarro 69

what does Ivanka do exactly?

Looks pretty. Eye candy.

"fucking moron" indeed

According to a transcript obtained by The Daily Beast, Tillerson said he often felt uncomfortable by the president’s quick decisions, usually made without reading briefing materials or memos. And that unease, particularly on the issue of immigration, led Tillerson to lean on State Department lawyers about how to manage the president’s demands, according to the transcript.

“The president was on a steep learning curve,” Tillerson recalled. “He didn’t know a lot of the legal aspects of the immigration laws or certainly other aspects of how the government operates within the congressional law-making system and oversight.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rex-tillerson-to-congress-i-tried-to-educate-trump-on-immigration-law-but-he-wouldnt-read?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

40 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

He didn’t know a lot of the legal aspects of the immigration laws or certainly other aspects of how the government operates within the congressional law-making system and oversight.

Cause that's what you want in a president.  Good job Rs.

59 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I still can’t believe the most ethical person in the Trump cabinet outside of Mattis was the CEO of Exxon.  

Tillerson never bothered me. You've got to be competent and ethical to rise through the ranks to run one of the largest publicly traded companies in the world. 

Go ahead and delay the census until the court allows you to manipulate it. Because the entire purpose isn't to get an accurate count, but rather to fingerfuck it until it is advantageous to one political party. 

I'd also consider our elections now be counted by the Kremlin because if Mitch McConnell trusts them so much we would be wise to do the same. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Go ahead and delay the census until the court allows you to manipulate it. Because the entire purpose isn't to get an accurate count, but rather to fingerfuck it until it is advantageous to one political party. 

I'd also consider our elections now be counted by the Kremlin because if Mitch McConnell trusts them so much we would be wise to do the same. 

remember the good ole days when people tried to hide their sneakiness?