Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Wait. He accused the whistleblower's lawyer of treason? Because he sent a letter saying "hey, could you please stop putting my client's life in danger?". 

Yes he did. And according to Trump (if you’re not willing to be sued for that) is to present your client, blindfolded and handcuffed, on Fifth Avenue at noon. 

Trump's display this morning in front of the press pool was the typical lunacy and gibberish, but what a failure by the reporters standing there.  There are about 5 key questions that would be impossible for Trump to answer right now and they go with bullshit like "Are you concerned about any of the testimony in the impeachment trial?"  That type of broad and generic laziness is what allows him to filibuster into inane, nonstop jabbering that dovetails into "... but we're making billions off of China." 

After that idiotic appearance, the knob reporter on MSNBC summed it up with "he called Michael Bloomberg 'Little Michael' and the President said he's not concerned about any of the testimony given so far."  Bravo.  Show some poise and do your fucking jobs.  Trump basically rolled a ball of yarn in front of a bunch of kittens and their eyes darted with excitement.  It's fucking amateur hour out there.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The press pool is numb to his idiocy. He stands there and screams nonsense, and they ask questions like a normal president is standing there in front of them. Questions that don't get answered, btw. 

It would almost be better to have tmz get a press pass at this point

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The press pool is numb to his idiocy. He stands there and screams nonsense, and they ask questions like a normal president is standing there in front of them. Questions that don't get answered, btw. 

It's been like this since day one and I don't understand why they haven't changed.  They are complicit at this point.  Their jobs are irrelevant.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The MSM needs to hire litigators to cover this administration.  Treat press conferences as a cross examination.  Make this administration answer tough questions or squirm. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's been like this since day one and I don't understand why they haven't changed.  They are complicit at this point.  Their jobs are irrelevant.

"Mr. President what do you think about Brexit??"

"I have pooped my pants ok? I am poopy pants. I also plan on nuking Mexico City tomorrow morning. Nancy Pelosi is a cunt. Barron isn't my child."

"Mr. President what do you think about Brexit??"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

The MSM needs to hire litigators to cover this administration.  Treat press conferences as a cross examination.  Make this administration answer tough questions or squirm. 

. . . and then Trump would stop talking to the press altogether.

"Not only do I think Ukraine should be looking into and investigating Corrupt Joe Biden and his son, but I think it'd be very smart and very beneficial for China to also investigate the Crooked Bidens.  China, if you're listening, it could be really great for you to investigate the Bidens"

"Are you gonna pardon a turkey and have you picked a turkey?  When will you stand next to a turkey?"  

"Well, quite frankly, as many of you know, there a lot of turkeys in Washington."

"Hahahahahahahahaha!!!"

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

. . . and then Trump would stop talking to the press altogether.

Because if they ask hard questions, Trump clams up.

Instead, they lob softballs and hope Trump trips himself up.

Trump is such a fucking snowflake that if questions are too hard, or aren't phrased to give him an easy out, he's going to ignore them or just call them fake news.

• Like 2

The problem with asking the POS questions is either barely answers them then goes on a tangent, or before the reporter has even finished asking a question he starts rambling and going on a tangent. Because of “decorum” they can’t interrupt him, so what do they do? He’s a fucking narcissist and doesn’t care what the reporter is saying or asking and just talks. 

20 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

That's seriously a good idea.  Or, in light of that effort, maybe just take 5 minutes the night before and prepare a concise and coherent question that is pertinent to surrounding events where the truth is nothing but a minefield for Dotard.  Instead they try to volley with whatever idiocy he's throwing out and apparently none of them have the anticipatory wit to reel him back into reality.  It's further evidence that the journalists at corporate media are Peter Principled into position.  

8 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

The problem with asking the POS questions is either barely answers them then goes on a tangent, or before the reporter has even finished asking a question he starts rambling and going on a tangent. Because of “decorum” they can’t interrupt him, so what do they do? He’s a fucking narcissist and doesn’t care what the reporter is saying or asking and just talks. 

And then there's this.

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

That's seriously a good idea.  Or, in light of that effort, maybe just take 5 minutes the night before and prepare a concise and coherent question that is pertinent to surrounding events where the truth is nothing but a minefield for Dotard.  Instead they try to volley with whatever idiocy he's throwing out and apparently none of them have the anticipatory wit to reel him back into reality.  It's further evidence that the journalists at corporate media are Peter Principled into position.  

To be fair, reporters have an incentive not to push too far.  Their attendance at the press conference is often a matter of the speaker’s consent or invitation.  But at this point, fuck it.  No press conferences would be better than these bullshit softball sessions where Trump just gets to spew his propaganda without any pushback.  The status quo grants an appearance of legitimacy to his views that is completely unwarranted under any objective standard.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

To be fair, reporters have an incentive not to push too far.  Their attendance at the press conference is often a matter of the speaker’s consent or invitation.  But at this point, fuck it.  No press conferences would be better than these bullshit softball sessions where Trump just gets to spew his propaganda without any pushback.  The status quo grants an appearance of legitimacy to his views that is completely unwarranted under any objective standard.

All of this.  We cannot continue to treat this bullshit like it is normal.  If you're not going to actually try and get him to answer honestly, quit giving him more opportunities for propaganda.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

The problem with asking the POS questions is

When he finishes rambling have another reporter ask the same question.  And then do it again.  And again.  If he continues to flounder, let him flounder.  It speaks for itself.  When Trump babbles and shifts the terms don't fucking follow him there.  There is no problem.  If he wants to trail off, let him and let the problem be his problem.  

People giving the press pool a pass by acting like Trump is an impossible mind wizard is the problem.  The hilarious simplicity is to continue to insist that he answer a question.  When he evades, tell him.  Then ask it again.  These eunuchs in the press pool deserve no sympathy and I don't understand why people feel compelled to provide excuses for them.  They're failing at a fairly simple task.  If the excuse for that failure of a simple task is that they got caught in the wind from a simpleton, then they aren't suited for the job.  The current status quo among the White House Press is an exclusive cocktail party of halfwits.  Fire them.  This shit is important.  

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

To be fair, reporters have an incentive not to push too far. 

The incentive is money.  Trump is good for business because he keeps the eyeballs glued to the set to see what dumb shit he'll say/do next.  

You think the 24-Hour news execs care about the fate of the nation?  The calculus is simple...as long as I'm rich and white, the rest of the shit doesn't matter.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

All of this.  We cannot continue to treat this bullshit like it is normal.  If you're not going to actually try and get him to answer honestly, quit giving him more opportunities for propaganda.

Can one of them please ask him, "I know you're looking forward to the Alabama-LSU game. What are you going to do if one or more of the players kneels during the Star Spangled Banner?"

3 minutes ago, Chooky said:

When he finishes rambling have another reporter ask the same question.  And then do it again.  And again.  If he continues to flounder, let him flounder.  It speaks for itself.  When Trump babbles and shifts the terms don't fucking follow him there.  There is no problem.  If he wants to trail off, let him and let the problem be his problem.  

People giving the press pool a pass by acting like Trump is an impossible mind wizard is the problem.  The hilarious simplicity is to continue to insist that he answer a question.  When he evades, tell him.  Then ask it again.  These eunuchs in the press pool deserve no sympathy and I don't understand why people feel compelled to provide excuses for them.  They're failing at a fairly simple task.  If the excuse for that failure of a simple task is that they got caught in the wind from a simpleton, then they aren't suited for the job.  The current status quo among the White House Press is an exclusive cocktail party of halfwits.  Fire them.  This shit is important.  

I believe all of you are correct, but besides the obstruction of the press, press credentials issued (selectively) and very few open and honest press conferences, the reporters in the pool have about ten minutes at best to get a response as he walks to the copter. Sometimes he talks for longer if they can get him going, but it appears they frequently get snubbed, or as one reporter showed recently, the hand. They can be persistent and keep trying, true, but it could also be like what folks have also said: their bosses are going for clicks and eyes and the reporter is trying to stay employed.

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Never has the term "A Confederacy of Idiots Dunces" been more accurate. 

I've said it from day one, we elected Ignatius J. Reilly -- with dashes of King Joffrey & Chauncey Chauncey Gardiner -- as the president to lead us.

14 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

To be fair, reporters have an incentive not to push too far.  Their attendance at the press conference is often a matter of the speaker’s consent or invitation.

It doesn't even have to be caustic or antagonistic or pushy.  The threat of being removed from the pool is no excuse.  In fact, it'd be in their favor if the White House continued to remove reporters for simple truth.  Let them do that.  Then hire another sackless putz and force that asshole to politely demand the same truth.  The current feckless cowardice being displayed by the press when they're standing in front of Trump isn't on Trump or his cabinet.  That's on corporate media.  There's no excuse for their inability to maintain focus.  There's no threat.  Force the White House to remove them in droves.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Since they are Trump supporters I'm going with they are either illiterate, which encompasses the majority, or........ adopted much like Navin.

They are the old people at your Thanksgiving family dinner who rant and bitch because "blacks can call each other the n word and its ok, but if we say it, we're racist!"