Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Listened to the Rational Security podcast this morning.  Outlining the defense.  Pretty simple.  President has a right to sleuth out corruption, because he is speaking for the US.  We, the country, have a legitimate interest in whether our enemies or allies are corrupt.  Just because Trump benefits politically doesn't render the request improper.

tenor.gif

Except that if the impeachable offense isn't the mere act of asking for the investigation but instead the announcement of the investigation (regardless of whether the investigation actually occurs or yields any evidence of corruption), then it is indefensible.

I really wish the news media would focus on this point more.

Ah, well, nevertheless.

In recent weeks, other Christian leaders besides White have also equated the president's opponents with witchcraft and evil spirits. "They're trying to place hexes and curses on President Trump," evangelical pastor Perry Stone said in a late-October prayer service, referring to Democrats in Congress.

"I have never, in any nation of the world...seen people raised up with demons in them [like] in Washington," Stone added. "They have demons in them. You can look at their eyes when they almost start foaming at the mouth."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.mediamatters.org/alex-jones/trump-ally-alex-jones-i-was-told-people-around-clinton-shes-demon-possessed

it all starts with the crackpots, then that shit gets normalized.

Trump Ally Alex Jones: “I Was Told By People Around” Clinton That “She's Demon-Possessed”

Jones: “High Up” People Tell Me “Obama And Hillary Both Smell Like Sulfur”

ALEX JONES (HOST): I'm never a lesser of two evils person, but with Hillary, there's not even the same universe. She is an abject, psychopathic, demon from Hell that as soon as she gets into power is going to try to destroy the planet. I'm sure of that, and people around her say she's so dark now, and so evil, and so possessed that they are having nightmares, they're freaking out. Folks let me just tell you something, and if media wants to go with this, that's fine. There are dozens of videos and photos of Obama having flies land on him, indoors, at all times of year, and he'll be next to a hundred people and no one has flies on them. Hillary, reportedly, I mean, I was told by people around her that they think she's demon-possessed, okay? I'm just going to go ahead and say it, okay? 

They said that they're scared. That's why when I see her when kids are by her, I actually get scared myself, with a child -- with that big rubber face and that -- I mean this woman is dangerous, ladies and gentleman. I'm telling you, she is a demon. This is Biblical. She's going to launch a nuclear war. The Russians are scared of her.

[...]

Imagine how bad she smells, man? I'm told her and Obama, just stink, stink, stink, stink. You can't wash that evil off, man. Told there's a rotten smell around Hillary. I'm not kidding, people say, they say -- folks, I've been told this by high up folks. They say listen, Obama and Hillary both smell like sulfur. I never said this because the media will go crazy with it, but I've talked to people that are in protective details, they're scared of her. And they say listen, she's a frickin' demon and she stinks and so does Obama. I go, like what? Sulfur. They smell like Hell.

Alex Jones' characterization of Hillary as a hell demon was really just the logical next step in a 30+ year Rush/Fox News/rightwing media campaign that made her the arch-villain of basically everything good and decent in the world. Someone was going to arrive at Jones' conclusion. It was inevitable. 

5 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Alex Jones' characterization of Hillary as a hell demon was really just the logical next step in a 30+ year Rush/Fox News/rightwing media campaign that made her the arch-villain of basically everything good and decent in the world. Someone was going to arrive at Jones' conclusion. It was inevitable. 

I wonder . . . and I'm often late to the party . . . was the right wing fixation on Hillary just an easier target (because, you know, estrogen) than Bill, who by all accounts was always the most popular and smartest guy in the room?  Was it purely manufactured because the right needed a whipping (boy)?

Every religion is selling something... what's constantly shocking is that people buy the most ridiculous stuff and build their identity around it.  Frankly what good is having demons and devils if you don't use them to get what you want.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Huh?  He was AG of Arkansas by 1977, and Governor by 1979.  She did nothing on that level until 2001.

my dad bought something called the clinton chronicles in the mid-nineties. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clinton_Chronicles

that's when it really started, and i think that's what @Lurch meant. once the scandal broke on bill in his second term, there was far more vested interest in shifting vitriol over to hillary in the late nineties, because bill was all done politically, for all intents and purposes, while she was just getting started in new york in the early aughts

43 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I wonder . . . and I'm often late to the party . . . was the right wing fixation on Hillary just an easier target (because, you know, estrogen) than Bill, who by all accounts was always the most popular and smartest guy in the room?  Was it purely manufactured because the right needed a whipping (boy)?

I remember some of the hatred kicking in with her healthcare stuff, and Whitewater.   Like a lot of hatred.  She made Rush Limbaugh.   

• Like 1

I’ve mentioned on here before that I’ve met that ass bag a few times through my college roommate. Give the guy 2 Chardonnay’s and he won’t shut up about the glory days hosting a game show while chain smoking and telling his once upon a time trophy wife to sit on his lap. It’s no wonder he loves Dotard. 

His ass isn’t fighting anyone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Good lord

c20f79e8c5a7771bc66b7dbb02803cc7.plist

well, let's see. i still have room on mah tailgate. i've got the 'merican flag on the license plate there, and one on the left next to the heavy duty. i got one on the right, next to mah packers emblem. you know what, i'll just put another one right below the heavy duty there. i don't want anyone gettin' the wrong message.

45 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

my dad bought something called the clinton chronicles in the mid-nineties. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clinton_Chronicles

that's when it really started, and i think that's what @Lurch meant. once the scandal broke on bill in his second term, there was far more vested interest in shifting vitriol over to hillary in the late nineties, because bill was all done politically, for all intents and purposes, while she was just getting started in new york in the early aughts

Yeah, my great uncle made us watch that crazy shit on VHS back in the day. Dude was a multimillionaire, although much of his fortune was earned through shady business practices and outright fraud. But he was outraged at the dishonesty and shadiness of the Clintons.  Looking back now, he would have been the ideal Trumper. 

He also was the cheapest son of a bitch I’ve ever known.  As a kid, we all went to the Renaissance Festival one year.  Belly dancers were wandering around, dancing for tips that generous onlookers deposited in the dancer’s bikini.  Everyone assumed those tips should be made in the form of paper bills.  My uncle, however, decided he’d get a better deal if he tipped with dimes.  One at a time.  It was sleazy and cheap, but genius nonetheless.