The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

At times against LSU, probably gonna see Herman use some two back sets where Devin or Jake are lined up in the backfield...

Also, Thanks to @Machinator for this Gbenda tweet...

NvZl9MZz_bigger.jpg    Danny Davis.  @aasdanny

According to Texas, new emergency RB David Gbenda rushed 13 times for six touchdowns during his senior year at Katy Cinco Ranch. #HookEm
12:05 PM · Sep 2, 2019

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

At times against LSU, probably gonna see Herman use some two back sets where Devin or Jake are lined up in the backfield...

Also, Thanks to @Machinator for this Gbenda tweet...

NvZl9MZz_bigger.jpg    Danny Davis.  @aasdanny

According to Texas, new emergency RB David Gbenda rushed 13 times for six touchdowns during his senior year at Katy Cinco Ranch. #HookEm
12:05 PM · Sep 2, 2019

Give Gbenda 13 touches. Problem solved.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

That's about right. The thing those who think our pets' heads are falling off aren't noticing is that the slot receiver has essentially become the 2nd back in a 2 back game -- not because he's lined up in the backfield, but rather because short passes to the slot have taken the place of about a third of our called running plays.

I'd expect this season to be chock full of 4-7 yard passes to the slot.

pass.PNG

• Like 1

From the Inside Texas article mentioned in Ian Boyd's tweet above...

Roschon on the rampage

I dunno if Roschon was just pumped to play in this rivalry game for the last time, steamed over losing this game in a very close contest a year ago when Nederland simply had the ball last, or furious over some personal slight (perhaps @roschonsbigbro can help us out here) but Roschon was running angry this night.

roschon-was-angry-jpg.33390

Here he is bouncing a QB counter run before coming down hill and stiff arming someone to the ground en route to the end zone:

giphy.gif

Here he is stiff-arming two opponents to the ground before he trotting back to the line of scrimmage to run another play on a QB sweep:

giphy.gif

Here’s QB stretch with a stiff-arm at the goal line that would make Earl Campbell proud:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He threw perhaps a dozen other stiff-arms in this game as well but the savagery of these take the cake, particularly that last one, shown here from another angle.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t also include this impressive TD run on a QB draw that lacks only Roschon throwing some hapless defender to the turf in terms of excellence:

giphy.gif

I think this run and the stiff-arms reveal that Roschon packs a ton of power in that 6-2, 200 pound frame of his. He generates power very easily and while he looks fluid and quick, I don’t know if he’s blazing fast so much as he is precise, coordinated, and powerful.

In a well designed offense in which his passing acumen is used to set up his running ability in a versatile, misdirecting, and power-based run game he can do some really amusing things to high school defense. I think it’s a good bet that with further development of his passing skills and some additional S&C that he could do some really fun and amusing things to college defenders some day as well as a 6-2, 225 pound QB/RB hybrid.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

Holy shit. This Spider2YBanana guy has to be stopped. I don’t know what he’s posting because he’s on ignore, and frankly, he’s really hard to read even when quoted, but the volume when he’s around is overwhelming.

He’s like a text tsunami of insipid word vomit. What makes it worse now is he’s the poster attempting to deal with opposing fans coming in for drive-bys. Other people can’t even get a word in edgewise. This cannot happen all season. 

So, if we start a gofundme and raise like $5k, can we pay him to go inhabit another fanbase’s board somewhere? I’m just spitballing. I’m open to anything. We can buy him an Internet-free vacation to Vancouver that ends in mid-January for all I care. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

he could do some really fun and amusing things to college defenders some day as well as a 6-2, 225 pound QB/RB hybrid.

I recognize in advance that this is a shitpost question

Have we ever seen a real qb/rb hybrid in a college+ football game? We've seen running qbs and throwing rbs/wrs, but has anyone ever played a full time rb with the skills to be a college passer and run passing plays to them with another full time qb? I can't think of one. LSU is not the week to roll out more than a play or two, but I would be intrigued to see an offensive scheme designed around two passers. 

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Have we ever seen a real qb/rb hybrid in a college+ football game? We've seen running qbs and throwing rbs/wrs, but has anyone ever played a full time rb with the skills to be a college passer and run passing plays to them with another full time qb? I can't think of one. LSU is not the week to roll out more than a play or two, but I would be intrigued to see an offensive scheme designed around two passers. 

Closest i can think of was Darren McFadden during the early days of the wildcat. He was 14-22 for 205 with 7tds and an int for his career

Holy shit. This Spider2YBanana guy has to be stopped. I don’t know what he’s posting because he’s on ignore, and frankly, he’s really hard to read even when quoted, but the volume when he’s around is overwhelming.
He’s like a text tsunami of insipid word vomit. What makes it worse now is he’s the poster attempting to deal with opposing fans coming in for drive-bys. Other people can’t even get a word in edgewise. This cannot happen all season. 
So, if we start a gofundme and raise like $5k, can we pay him to go inhabit another fanbase’s board somewhere? I’m just spitballing. I’m open to anything. We can buy him an Internet-free vacation to Vancouver that ends in mid-January for all I care. 
So if i start talking shit can i get 5k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Honestly, your obsession with me is beyond weird at this point. Why do you even care what I post? It's like you just log on to bitch and moan about anything I say. 

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Sure! Pre-1960, it was all the rage. Hell, in the 1980s, Denison College ran the Wing-T to perfection. Three RBs, any one of whom might get the snap, and all three of whom at some point every game had the option to throw.

In general, I'd call it a lousy idea, though, which is why nobody does it any more.

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas vs Lsu game has some bad blood brewing...

• Herman spurning Lsu and taking Texas job instead
  • Cajun Cookie Monster blocking Texas from summer camps in Louisiana

• Chaisson talking trash about Ehlinger (they played each other in 6A State Finals)

• Chaisson making fun of Texas/Herman when he flipped his 2017 commitment from Texas to Lsu

• Caden Sterns choosing Texas over Lsu

• Jalen Green picked Texas instead of Lsu

• Anthony Cook selected Texas over Lsu

• Malcolm Roach was not offered a scholarship by Lsu

• Mike Williams left Texas to transfer to Lsu

Other Texas & Lsu interesting points:  

• Herman tried to hire Lsu's Dave Aranda for Texas DC job (Herman and Aranda were roommates for a short time in college)
  • Herman recruited Burrow for Ohio State.
  • Lsu RB Coach Tommie Robinson previously coached at Texas

• Fuck You 1

Herman- At the time - maybe. Fans were very mixed on him then. Now? No.

K'Lavon should have kept his mouth shut. Sam is an excellent dual threat QB who can beat teams both ways. Although our D is a different animal than he is used to seeing, including a very disinterested Georgia team at the end of last year.We will get after his ass on Saturday & he will have to earn his yards. This is no Big 2/Little 10 D.

We really wanted Stearns and missed. Great player! The others were in a group of really good ones but we replaced them with other really good ones. 

Mike WIlliams-great kid. No place for him on our team as a freshman. That's why he wasn't a priority for us.We took him back only because of connections in baton ROuge, as a walk-on. He might play some one day for us.

We worried about the Herman/Aranda connection for a few days. That would have been devastating. But Aranda is grooming a couple of young guys to take his spot here one day for the day he leaves. 

Should be a good game. Predictions are like elbows- we all have at least one. LSU by 13. GEAUX Tigers!

BTW, prepare to have crappy tickets when you come to BR next year as a payback for the ridiculously small number of nothing but nosebleed tickets we were offered. We don't even treat Florida fans as poorly as you guys treat your visiting opponents. 

• Fuck You 14

1 minute ago, LongTimeTiger said:

BTW, prepare to have crappy tickets when you come to BR next year as a payback for the ridiculously small number of nothing but nosebleed tickets we were offered. We don't even treat Florida fans as poorly as you guys treat your visiting opponents. 

Damn I love CDC. This is great news. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just a reminder:

before the sugar bowl- Georgia will kill Texas. Texas hasn’t played a team like them, and they are pissed about being left out of the playoffs and want to show that they should be there. 

After- disinterested, and missing most of their defense. 

Thats got fuck-all to do with Texas and LSU on the field, but it may be relevant to fan prognostication. 

I am not confident Texas will win, but I am pretty confident that Texas will play them well. But we don’t really know what either team has after one easy game for each  

Small home dogs are usually decent bets, as is a Tom herman team in that situation. 

• Like 2

Who leaves blow on the hood of their car? Especially on a college kid's budget? He'd been driving 80mph (hence getting pulled over) so it must have been stuck on, so how did the cops think to test it? What a weird story.
you think a starting college qb pays for coke?

Who leaves blow on the hood of their car? Especially on a college kid's budget? He'd been driving 80mph (hence getting pulled over) so it must have been stuck on, so how did the cops think to test it? What a weird story.
do you think a starting college qb pays for coke?

47 minutes ago, LongTimeTiger said:

Herman- At the time - maybe. Fans were very mixed on him then. Now? No.

K'Lavon should have kept his mouth shut. Sam is an excellent dual threat QB who can beat teams both ways. Although our D is a different animal than he is used to seeing, including a very disinterested Georgia team at the end of last year.We will get after his ass on Saturday & he will have to earn his yards. This is no Big 2/Little 10 D.

We really wanted Stearns and missed. Great player! The others were in a group of really good ones but we replaced them with other really good ones. 

Mike WIlliams-great kid. No place for him on our team as a freshman. That's why he wasn't a priority for us.We took him back only because of connections in baton ROuge, as a walk-on. He might play some one day for us.

We worried about the Herman/Aranda connection for a few days. That would have been devastating. But Aranda is grooming a couple of young guys to take his spot here one day for the day he leaves. 

Should be a good game. Predictions are like elbows- we all have at least one. LSU by 13. GEAUX Tigers!

Last time LSU played a p5 team they gave up 74 points.  And then gave up 32 to a G5 team missing its all world QB.  You and your idiot coach don’t scare us.  

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nivek said:

52-17. With LSU scoring 2tds in garbage time.

Texas wins, sec runs out of motivation.

I’m in this camp. I don’t think it’s actually that close. Burrows post-game presser will be fun to watch as he’s trying to explain what our defense did to confuse him so much.

2 hours ago, LongTimeTiger said:

Hopefully you realize that we are re-building the south endzone, which means seating capacity is just under 100,000 seats.  So seating is limited.

Plus you're LSU fans.

• Like 4