Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

She's got some eagle's claws working there Deej

Yeah. I need to take her in to let the vet cut them. She gets freaked out when I mess with her feet, and she's so old and doesn't handle long walks, so she doesn't wear them down.

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

Murphy was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma and had his right leg amputated yesterday. I was pretty much a mess but he's a rock. Got him out today. Hopefully we're running and gunning again soon. If you have experience with an amputee I'd love to hear about your experience.7dfef35bceb71febe7319e324b9a60e5.jpg

695d049a8ae17f0bd886a8d0d665f363.jpg

fb77bc95ec0088cca5d383ffd7153938.jpg

88f7ad5de83d8b2f07158681ecf3622e.jpg

537e32a4bbd6ff95147152a075db0e12.jpg

Good boy Murphy.  My son and daughter in law adopted an amputee when he was eight years old.  I can tell you that their experience and the times I spent with Jake were some of the most enjoyable, fun loving, laughable, and enriching memories.  Deej is spot on-Jake never knew he had three legs and lived a great life for five years after being adopted.  He crossed the rainbow bridge in March this year.  Murphy has a good dad and I know he will live life to the fullest, bringing you joy in the process.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, maninblack said:

Pupdate: It's been a rough few days after surgery but Murphy is slowly making progress. He was really uncomfortable at night so not much sleep. Should get results from biopsy this week to determine exactly the type of cancer. Next appointment is on the 19th to hopefully get staples out.

c2dc57e2e7442da92d4651c76ba236e7.jpg

8186199798253193e635342e4daa6040.jpg

2a73876c7245bac18104f7fb31ef0488.jpg

Good boy Murphy!  Your the apple of your daddy's eye so hang in there.

my girlfriend’s dog has had a cough for the last couple days but is otherwise fine.  she wanted me to take dog to the vet on sunday when she went out of town.  dog seemed fine so I just kept an eye on dog at the house.  today dog coughs a few times and she thinks dog has aspirated some food and her lungs are in danger and it’s an emergency.  calls in for her shift (she’s a nurse) and takes dog to the emergency vet.  $500 later she finds out dog has kennel cough.  fun times. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, futureman said:

my girlfriend’s dog has had a cough for the last couple days but is otherwise fine.  she wanted me to take dog to the vet on sunday when she went out of town.  dog seemed fine so I just kept an eye on dog at the house.  today dog coughs a few times and she thinks dog has aspirated some food and her lungs are in danger and it’s an emergency.  calls in for her shift (she’s a nurse) and takes dog to the emergency vet.  $500 later she finds out dog has kennel cough.  fun times. 

Sorry to hear about that.  Hope the dog gets better and is back to good health soon.

24 minutes ago, futureman said:

Gotta get that Smuckers medicine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We have a monthly test of the early warning system. Sometimes we can’t hear it depending on where we are in the house. Fortunately we have an early warning extender system.

Early Warning Extender System.
Dual band receivers/transmitters with top mount antennas and built in loudspeakers pick up Early Warning broadcast from Local Fire station.

Warning is then audibly relayed to nearby neighborhood residences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 10:13 PM, futureman said:

Crazy...but dealing with this now with Tank. Was at vets for ten hours. He passed out this morning and when he dropped he coughed a ton of phlegm up. Dude has pneumonia and you would have never known except for a ‘cough.’ He aspirated some food. Luckily Mrs. Tailgate was with him last year and a similar episode happened...if these things one day can communicate enough to tell us what’s up...scary stuff. He has a bad habit of inhaling food as he eats too fast...working ways to slow it down.

54 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Crazy...but dealing with this now with Tank. Was at vets for ten hours. He passed out this morning and when he dropped he coughed a ton of phlegm up. Dude has pneumonia and you would have never known except for a ‘cough.’ He aspirated some food. Luckily Mrs. Tailgate was with him last year and a similar episode happened...if these things one day can communicate enough to tell us what’s up...scary stuff. He has a bad habit of inhaling food as he eats too fast...working ways to slow it down.

sorry to hear it.  that’s exactly what my gf was worried about, that her dog aspirated something and was going to get pneumonia.  luckily it was just kennel cough.  hope yours is ok. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

If you have a chance, please spare a kind thought for this Good Boy.  This is King, alias King-a-ling-a-ding-dong-toot-toot.  We adopted him as an eight-year-old, twice returned pound hound in 2015.  He has been a wonderful dog---just as sweet as they come.  But being an older dog, we knew that our time with him might not be long.  Well, in the past few months, his mobility has fallen off a cliff and in the last several days, he gets carried places more than he walks.  This morning, I let him out, and he only made it a few steps from the door before just lying down and waiting to be brought back in.  He's still eating, and I have been feeding him eggs and other treats knowing that we were near the end.  So, tonight, he gets hamburger and snuggles from the kids.  It's been a long time since I have had to do this, and it sucks just as much as it did the last time.  And, of course, my wife and I will second guess ourselves, but as I remind myself, I would rather make this decision to ease any suffering my good boy may be feeling a week early rather than a minute too late.

I'll sure miss this old fella. 

King.jpg

Good boy King.  Having just gone through this responsible pet owner action, I will hold a good thought for you as you say goodbye to your sweet boy. He'll have Zeke, Bailey, Callie, and Magic there to greet him and you will have all of us who will sympathize with you.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Nuge said:

Took Willow out for a rainy hike at Lucia Falls.

Rest easy King - good boy.0423f3256e2a982a2b9f2498c9b6da92.jpg

I'm retiring in January and will definitely be going to Lucia Falls as well as many other places in the pacific northwest.  Willow looks like she is truly in her element in this picture.  Good girl!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1