Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Jax had his friends over for a weekend, 3 of them. He left the weekend with a bum back leg. Hip maybe. No pain when we massage it, none when laying down but he’s limping. Expecting a vet visit if not tomorrow the day after. He’s only 4, hope it’s not serious. I’m guessing it’s from all the rough housing. 

8 hours ago, troph said:

Jax had his friends over for a weekend, 3 of them. He left the weekend with a bum back leg. Hip maybe. No pain when we massage it, none when laying down but he’s limping. Expecting a vet visit if not tomorrow the day after. He’s only 4, hope it’s not serious. I’m guessing it’s from all the rough housing. 

Gracie had that after a jump off the bed followed by a good take-down by here much bigger sister when she was 8 or 9.  Doggy anti-inflamatories knocked it out.   It recurred once, but it was just a strain.  I'd bet that's what happened with Jax.  Good luck.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 9/5/2023 at 7:10 AM, dcbc said:

Gracie had that after a jump off the bed followed by a good take-down by here much bigger sister when she was 8 or 9.  Doggy anti-inflamatories knocked it out.   It recurred once, but it was just a strain.  I'd bet that's what happened with Jax.  Good luck.

On 9/5/2023 at 11:48 AM, TOR said:

I give the mutt hemp oil when she gets too stiff or limps around.  She doesn't like the dropper in her mouf but she feels better quick, and then sleeps real good. 

doggostick.jpg

Looks like he’s ok. Took about 5 days or so but he’s stopped limping. 

we use hemp oil for the dogs from time to time. It’s good stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

Every day I take my dog to the park. Here in El Paso, unless you want to water every day or have Astro turf, yards pretty much suck, so we go to the park every day. Anyway, last Saturday I noticed a dog on my way there, on my way back, dog is still there. She must have been dumped, she's scared and lives under a couch on the side of a road. Since then I have been feeding her and trying to get the city to pick her up. They came out Thursday I guess and couldn't find her, so I made a new case.( El paso is no kill). 

Work keeps me from home, I haven't seen my family since Christmas, going home on the 14th to see my 80 year old mother and take in the Texas/Wyoming game with my brother. What I hope happens, is that the city gets her, when I get back, if she hasn't found a good home, I'll take her. I can tell she's a sweet dog, when I drive up now she comes out of hiding, wagging her tal, glad to see me. She still won't let me touch her, but yesterday she put her sniffer on me. So I'm close. 

People suck, but we have to live with them. Pit mix. 

IMG20230904063010.thumb.jpg.75c6b87d5b113301051c1719bfe746f4.jpgIMG20230904160311.thumb.jpg.c6abb4746dfcd7bde44e3646de8d9214.jpgIMG20230904190100.thumb.jpg.6b1c223ee08f40a465b6151c3dc2e2ca.jpgIMG20230908190005.thumb.jpg.e131af289f17113b976c8d5992381ab9.jpg

Get that dog man. She looks awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/9/2023 at 9:16 AM, Dewey said:

Every day I take my dog to the park. Here in El Paso, unless you want to water every day or have Astro turf, yards pretty much suck, so we go to the park every day. Anyway, last Saturday I noticed a dog on my way there, on my way back, dog is still there. She must have been dumped, she's scared and lives under a couch on the side of a road. Since then I have been feeding her and trying to get the city to pick her up. They came out Thursday I guess and couldn't find her, so I made a new case.( El paso is no kill). 

Work keeps me from home, I haven't seen my family since Christmas, going home on the 14th to see my 80 year old mother and take in the Texas/Wyoming game with my brother. What I hope happens, is that the city gets her, when I get back, if she hasn't found a good home, I'll take her. I can tell she's a sweet dog, when I drive up now she comes out of hiding, wagging her tal, glad to see me. She still won't let me touch her, but yesterday she put her sniffer on me. So I'm close. 

People suck, but we have to live with them. Pit mix. 

IMG20230904063010.thumb.jpg.75c6b87d5b113301051c1719bfe746f4.jpgIMG20230904160311.thumb.jpg.c6abb4746dfcd7bde44e3646de8d9214.jpgIMG20230904190100.thumb.jpg.6b1c223ee08f40a465b6151c3dc2e2ca.jpgIMG20230908190005.thumb.jpg.e131af289f17113b976c8d5992381ab9.jpg

Go get her and then tell the people on this site who think every pit will rip your face off to go fuck themselves. 

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I kick tennis balls around the house all the time. Might have knocked over a plant or 5. Who knows. But the dog is happy. 

One of my favorite things is taking him to an open park and hitting tennis balls with a baseball bat or tennis rackets.! Little dude gets a good run. 

Yeah for some reason he enjoys chasing the ball more outside if I hit with a bat as opposed to throwing it. 

• Hook 'Em 2