Tom Brady Is UnFucking Real

Vic Mackey

I think this man was going to get to 6 or 7 no matter where you put him or what happened outside his control. Had he lost in any of those years he probably just finds another year to win it. I mean, saying he should have 2 more is obviously silly since he's had some huge luck and breaks go his way, but I really think if he loses in 2004 or 2016 or whenever then he just finds a way to get his team over the hump in 2005 or 2017.

Maybe. It's some crazy stuff. Both for and against. QB hits and injuries are outside of his control to an extent. And wisely he gives up when pressures coming these days because he knows one hit and he could be done. You can't dispute the wins or appearances. But I think you need to not downplay the efforts of his teammates.

Tampa was 7-9 last year. Stfu idiot. 
Thanks. I appreciate your high character response.

I was merely playing the what if game in response to the what if game.

But here's what TB added since last year. Brown, Gronkowski, Fournette, Wirts. In addition to Brady. No doubt Famouss turnovers hurt substantially. They also had a nice Corp of 2nd year guys maturing a bit on defense too.

My guess is they'll be back next year cause they're loaded with really no identifiable holes. Well kicker.

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Retire?  We aren't talking about Peyton Manning here.  Brady has 5 more years left. At least.  I'd like to see a Houston title. But Brady isn't going to go to an organization that shitty.  Detroit. Closer but not seeing it.  People act like TB was dogshit before, but that WR corps may be the best Brady has ever played with. While he could be the best hired hand ever, not everyone is ready for his services. 

We easily have the best WR corps he's ever had, and probably RB corps, too. 

11 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

We easily have the best WR corps he's ever had, and probably RB corps, too. 

Preaching to the choir. Mike Evans was the best college receiver when he made Manziel exist. And he's been a top pro receiver since.  He and Godwin are probably the best 1 2 in the sport. Godwin would be number 1 on any other team almost.  They are like two Mosses. And you have Gronk. And the generic slot receiver that Brady makes a star like Miller. And then you added Brown.  Moss number 3. 

You weren't dogs, but you also know that Winston would not have won this title for you. 

And agree on RBs, sort of. That rested Fournette was big in the playoffs. But he should have been carrying the rock the whole season. 

The crazy thing is that, as good as your defense played today, it wasn't the best defense to play for Tom Brady. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 12:05 PM, XYZ said:

Wait, Tom Brady had plastic surgery done?

If he has its the most tasteful/subtle plastic surgery in existence. 

People saying he plays 5 more years are crazy. I think he'll last until 45 at the latest. He's made remarks that he's really been feeling his age this season.

Edited by Gigglebush

10 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

If he has its the most tasteful/subtle plastic surgery in existence. 

People saying he plays 5 more years are crazy. I think he'll last until 45 at the latest. He's made remarks that he's really been feeling his age this season.

Right. He felt his age in a season he won the superbowl. Brady is easily the GOAT, but he isn't gonna go out gracefully.  That isn't his personality type.  He will put in 4 years of mediocre to crap football before he hangs it up. And he hasn't even gotten to year 1 of that yet. 

11 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Right. He felt his age in a season he won the superbowl. Brady is easily the GOAT, but he isn't gonna go out gracefully.  That isn't his personality type.  He will put in 4 years of mediocre to crap football before he hangs it up. And he hasn't even gotten to year 1 of that yet. 

Tom Brady will do nothing mediocre.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Tom Brady will do nothing mediocre.

Agree here.  I really think he has two more great years left, and then he will look at his resume and see how he feels.  If Belichek doesn't win a ring during the next two years and Tom adds even just one more, I think he retires after the 2022 season.  

On 1/25/2021 at 2:33 PM, Horn of Gabriel said:

Maybe?  I'm obviously not a fan, it's just not entertaining for me any more to watch him, ready for the new guard.  I guess I'm in the minority, there are a lot more Brady cocksuckers on this thread than I thought.  Jordan did do a better job maintaining his public persona ("Republicans buy shoes too") and I wonder how he would be in today's woke NBA where it's harder to stand aside from the social justice stuff.

Brady is pathological as someone said you can't get to that level of success without being both incredibly gifted AND competitive.  I'll also add there's an element of luck too.  I'm just surprised that for someone who cares about winning so much, and about his appearance (tweet above) that he wouldn't also want to win the court of public opinion by not being an asshole.  He could have had so much goodwill and positioned himself as underdog, which would have been easy to do by just not saying shit about the Pats and playing up how hard his new situation is (new team, new conf, etc etc).  I'm not a pats fan btw.

An exaggeration to say EVERYONE is rooting for KC...but I'd be shocked if it weren't a solid majority...I bet ESPN or someone is tracking that

There are Brady cocksuckers, and then there are plain old country cocksuckers.  Guess which one you appear to be.  Reading the thread title might have given you a clue to stay the hell out of the discussion.

Edited by AnTiM
add last sentence

I mean... it's Brady, and then everybody else comes in a semi distant second.  This guy is Methuselah in football pads, and he threw the ball like a guy half his age.  

Holy shit he's the GOAT, and I'm not even a fan of his, hating Belechick, and the patriots org. the way I have over the years.

5 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

Agree here.  I really think he has two more great years left, and then he will look at his resume and see how he feels.  If Belichek doesn't win a ring during the next two years and Tom adds even just one more, I think he retires after the 2022 season.  

I have difficulty seeing Belichick make it to another Super Bowl. He's 68, and while he's a good X and O coach, he's also a horse's ass. Brady kept the Patriots together. Belichick, as a coach, needed someone to provide the heart for the team, cause he didn't have one. I almost felt sorry for Cam Newton trying to replace Brady. The fact that Belichick lowballed Brady and thought Newton would be an adequate replacement tells you he did not understand what Brady brought to the team. It also tells you he didn't realize how corrosive a personality he has, or didn't care. Without Brady to unify the locker room, Belichick will be the same guy everybody knew and loathed when he was with Cleveland. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Dude absolutely won over that entire locker room in a short off-season and the complications of COVID. He brought Gronk out of retirement (good thing too because they lost OJ Howard in Week 2). He vouched for AB when Arians didn't want to risk bringing him in. He went from being the mastermind of a dink and dunk offense for the last 5+ years to learning an air-it-out system at a period in his career where he's never been so hesitant to take a hit. And he ended the season with more completions that traveled 20+ yards in the air than anyone in the league. At 43.

It's a team sport, and every unit played their asses off last night. But, without Brady, that's a loosely run ship with a bunch of dudes with absolutely no history of winning on one of the worst franchises in sports. I don't think it's as simple as saying "Ah, they were just a quarterback away. Aaron Rodgers (or whomever) would have been able to walk in and do the same thing." Leadership matters.

They looked done (as a Super Bowl contender) after that 2nd Saints' loss. Just can never count TB out.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3

I like Mathieu more than most on this site, but he chased Brady down as he was running off the field after throwing the TD to Brown (who Mathieu was defending), and stuck his finger two inches from his face and said something. Respect and grace, sure.

Of course Tom Brady ain't going to back down, and will have something to say in return. That's who he is. Ask any Pittsburgh DB.

Edited by aggie08

A couple more things:

1. In his first SB win (in which he won SBMVP) - the Patriots were 14 point underdogs and won - good for the 2nd biggest upset in SB history.

2. Think about how old you were when he won his first (February 2002) and how old you are now. It put it into crazy perspective for me. 

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

A couple more things:

1. In his first SB win (in which he won SBMVP) - the Patriots were 14 point underdogs and won - good for the 2nd biggest upset in SB history.

2. Think about how old you were when he won his first (February 2002) and how old you are now. It put it into crazy perspective for me. 

Yep. I was a junior in high school. 17 yrs old. PS2 was only a few years old. Still had tube TVs. No cellphone at all. Dial up internet. No clue at all I was witnessing the start of arguably the greatest team sports play ever. And he still isn't done yet.

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. I was a junior in high school. 17 yrs old. PS2 was only a few years old. Still had tube TVs. No cellphone at all. Dial up internet. No clue at all I was witnessing the start of arguably the greatest team sports play ever. And he still isn't done yet.

Fuck I’m old

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

For a bit of perspective, the Brady to Gronkowski connection has scored 84 points in their Super Bowls. (14 touchdowns). That is more points than the following teams have scored in their total number of Super Bowl games:
Kansas City Chiefs (5 games);
Miami Dolphins (5 games);
Indianapolis Colts (4 games);
Los Angeles Rams (4 games);
Buffalo Bills (4 games);
Minnesota Vikings (4 games);
Seattle Seahawks (3 games);
Philly Eagles (3 games);
Baltimore Ravens (2 games);
Chicago Bears (2 games);
Atlanta Falcons (2 games);
Carolina Panthers (2 games);
Cincy Bengals (2 games);
New Orleans Saints (1 game);
New York Jets (1 game);
Arizona Cardinals (1 game);
Tenn. Titans (1 game), and;
Los Angeles Chargers (1 game).

55 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I like Mathieu more than most on this site, but he chased Brady down as he was running off the field after throwing the TD to Brown (who Mathieu was defending), and stuck his finger two inches from his face and said something. Respect and grace, sure.

Of course Tom Brady ain't going to back down, and will have something to say in return. That's who he is. Ask any Pittsburgh DB.

It's honestly my favorite part of Brady's demeanor. If someone bad mouth's him he takes it to heart and will relentlessly target that guy the next time they play. It's quite amazing and something rarely seen in football.

9 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Preaching to the choir. Mike Evans was the best college receiver when he made Manziel exist. And he's been a top pro receiver since.  He and Godwin are probably the best 1 2 in the sport. Godwin would be number 1 on any other team almost.  They are like two Mosses. And you have Gronk. And the generic slot receiver that Brady makes a star like Miller. And then you added Brown.  Moss number 3. 

You weren't dogs, but you also know that Winston would not have won this title for you. 

And agree on RBs, sort of. That rested Fournette was big in the playoffs. But he should have been carrying the rock the whole season. 

The crazy thing is that, as good as your defense played today, it wasn't the best defense to play for Tom Brady. 

100% agree with all of this. Winston would have once again wastes Godwin and Evans (we've already seen that for years), and AB wasn't coming anyway without Tom. 

And you're right, we weren't the best defense he's had. That would be the 2007 (I think?) defense. We were #1 in rush defense and #21 in pass this year, but we still had a solid D. The best thing is we can still get better. We got the best tackle in the draft in Wirfs (immediate starter), an incredible safety in rd 2 (Winfield), and hopefully we can keep Fournette. I'm still high as hell from that win, bro. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

A couple more things:

I was told there'd be no math in this thread. 

*Chiefs have been in 5 SBs?  1,4, 54 & 55?  

Edited by Underdog
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

100% agree with all of this. Winston would have once again wastes Godwin and Evans (we've already seen that for years), and AB wasn't coming anyway without Tom. 

And you're right, we weren't the best defense he's had. That would be the 2007 (I think?) defense. We were #1 in rush defense and #21 in pass this year, but we still had a solid D. The best thing is we can still get better. We got the best tackle in the draft in Wirfs (immediate starter), an incredible safety in rd 2 (Winfield), and hopefully we can keep Fournette. I'm still high as hell from that win, bro. 

they were the best defense he's ever had over the last 3 games.  won them the saints game with 4 takeaways and dominated a historically great offense last night.  brady was able to win the last 3 games throwing for 200 yards in 2 of them and 3 int's in the other.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Richard Kimball said:

I have difficulty seeing Belichick make it to another Super Bowl. He's 68, and while he's a good X and O coach, he's also a horse's ass. Brady kept the Patriots together. Belichick, as a coach, needed someone to provide the heart for the team, cause he didn't have one. I almost felt sorry for Cam Newton trying to replace Brady. The fact that Belichick lowballed Brady and thought Newton would be an adequate replacement tells you he did not understand what Brady brought to the team. It also tells you he didn't realize how corrosive a personality he has, or didn't care. Without Brady to unify the locker room, Belichick will be the same guy everybody knew and loathed when he was with Cleveland. 

Cam Newton on a Belicheck coached team never made sense to me.  Nor a fan of his to begin with, and he isn't a system guy, and Belickeck wants a system guy, IMO.

12 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

they were the best defense he's ever had over the last 3 games.  won them the saints game with 4 takeaways and dominated a historically great offense last night.  brady was able to win the last 3 games throwing for 200 yards in 2 of them and 3 int's in the other.

To be fair, Brady played pretty much perfect first halves in both the Championship Game and last night. Taking those big early leads were a key part in making the opponent one-dimensional. He also lost a 60 yard TD in his stats when Evans got tripped, and the last 18 minutes was basically two runs, followed by a conservative 3rd down pass to run the clock. He would have easily been over 300 yards last night if KC was competitive.

To take nothing away from your point: the defense was phenomenal.

Edited by aggie08

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

You are 100% correct. I was just speaking for the year. 

1 minute ago, smuggs said:

Drama queen nonsense. Post exactly what he said if it was so horrific. Or shut the fuck up and take the loss, pussy.

Agreed, Just stirring the pot for attention. Newsflash, people talk shit in sports. It's easy to do when you are winning like KC did all year. They taunted a lot. But the second they get kicked in the teeth, the woe is me attitude comes out.

• Hook 'Em 3