Jake Smith (-1)

Kenyatta Watson (+6)

Roschon Johnson (-18)

David Gbenda (+75)

Marcus Washington (+41)

Derrian Brown (+3)

Marcus Tillman (+4)

Brayden Liebrock (+4)

Chris Adimora (previously unranked, now 287)

• Like 4

Other notes on the ESPN rankings:

-Somehow, Tyler Owens still isn't ranked.

-Catalon fell out of the rankings

-Demariyon Houston fell out of the rankings #BMOC

-Cupp got a 30-spot bump for A&M

-Bridges got a 35-spot bump for OU

-A&M commit Josh Ellison fell out of the rankings

-NaNa Osafo-Mensah fell 95 spots

-Higgins jumped up nearly 40 spots

-Spiller fell 33 spots, A&M fans are gonna love that

26 minutes ago, futureman said:

I’ve watched all three.  chisholm and christmas are the better players.  there’s a reason they didn’t wind up in conference USA. 

If I’m not mistaken, Chisholm only had one P5 offer (Texas).

Edited by CastHorn

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Other notes on the ESPN rankings:

-Somehow, Tyler Owens still isn't ranked.

-Catalon fell out of the rankings

-Demariyon Houston fell out of the rankings #BMOC

-Cupp got a 30-spot bump for A&M

-Bridges got a 35-spot bump for OU

-A&M commit Josh Ellison fell out of the rankings

-NaNa Osafo-Mensah fell 95 spots

-Higgins jumped up nearly 40 spots

-Spiller fell 33 spots, A&M fans are gonna love that

They had Erick Young better slotted at 60 than as a 5 star, still think he isn't a Top 100 player. Think they underrate Leal and way overrate Green. 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Texas signee movement:

Tyler Johnson (-16)

Jordan Whittington (-1)

De'Gabriel Floyd (+2)

Jake Smith (-1)

Kenyatta Watson (+6)

Roschon Johnson (-18)

David Gbenda (+75)

Marcus Washington (+41)

Derrian Brown (+3)

Marcus Tillman (+4)

Brayden Liebrock (+4)

Chris Adimora (previously unranked, now 287)

They dropped the GOPY? Lulz

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Well, TFB says that Texas is meeting with Zach today. So either there was a change of plans or Wescott misinterpreted something.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’ve watched all three. Chisholm is a warm body at best. Giles was often a liability for us. I watched most of Zach’s snaps against LSU. He got washed out a little more than you’d like but generally held his own and even had some really good flash plays. Zach is better than both of them and it’d be hard to argue otherwise, unless you’re just an obnoxious internet troll, of course.

Can we stop using only the first names to reference players? There are multiple Zachs, for instance. One might not be in this class, one might currently be a starter on the team, one might be relevant to this thread, or the transfer thread. Who wants to have to think about it? 

• Like 3

Just now, CastHorn said:

Mike Roach at 24/7 seems to think we’ve surged a bit in Catalons recruitment late, from about 5% to 40% shot. 

Oh you mean from no shot to its really close and we just missed out? Like he didnt know till he picked a hat? JLawOk.gif. 

Wells basically posted today it wasnt happening. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CastHorn said:

Mike Roach at 24/7 seems to think we’ve surged a bit in Catalons recruitment late, from about 5% to 40% shot. 

Not shooting the messenger but percentages in this kind of situation don’t make sense to my pea brain.  I mean if you could rerun time with different possible outcomes, I think Catalon would pick the same school like 90% of the time, with the other 10% going another way if for example Chad Morris decided to rape a carnival worker in one of these alternate realities.  Or maybe it means that Roach’s pick is like he’s guessing what card he is being dealt when he can get a quick peek at part of the card.  he knows the color and whether it’s a face or number, so now there’s a statistically exact percent chance he’s right, given that he’s eliminated a certain number of the possibilities.  Maybe Mike Roach is some kind of psychological rain man, where he can use behavioral signs and speech to place statistically exact probabilities on the outcome of a person’s decision process.   

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ah yes, cryptic tweet o'clock:

Ok, first, I'm glad a kid going to Arkansas isn't worried about success. It's a perfect fit. Arky OKG. 

Second, I love all the arky fans in the comments cheering this on. They're perfectly ready to just adopt that as their motto. They've totally embraced their ineptitude. Even aggies at least cling to the ideal of success (even if it's made up or someone else's). 

If it wasn’t clear that for anyone it’s Arkansas than it should be now. They are straight shit and he’s got the “courage” to play for a team that hasn’t had success but has “promise”. 

At the same time the baseball team got second in the CWS and is a heavy favorite this year to win it all. But hey, courage...

edit: the tweet is old but good for him and arky 

Edited by DoneWithit

59 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Ah yes, the 247 reporter coming in with the late surge for UT. Rinse, repeat.

41 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Apparently Catalon didn't have a good time on his TCU OV.

But did Gary take him to the Fort Worth Zoo?!?!?!

1 hour ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Ok, first, I'm glad a kid going to Arkansas isn't worried about success. It's a perfect fit. Arky OKG. 

Second, I love all the arky fans in the comments cheering this on. They're perfectly ready to just adopt that as their motto. They've totally embraced their ineptitude. Even aggies at least cling to the ideal of success (even if it's made up or someone else's). 

Well, this is easy to diagnose.  He plays football for arky, loses.....a lot...then shifts over to baseball, where he wins.....This will get him thru 3 years....imho.

6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Doesn't matter who aggy gets, they'll fuck it up as usual. They could have an entire team of Adrian Peterson, Julio Jones, Von Miller, and Khalil Mack and they would still finish third in their division. They are who they are. They waste talent more than anyone. 

Well they were second this year (thanks to an almighty screwjob of LSU but still)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Doesn't matter who aggy gets, they'll fuck it up as usual. They could have an entire team of Adrian Peterson, Julio Jones, Von Miller, and Khalil Mack and they would still finish third in their division. They are who they are. They waste talent more than anyone. 

This is true as referenced by their best team since the early 90’s just so happening to start year 1 of their SEC tenure. JFF, Mike Evans, 4 first rounders on the OLine, and they still ended with 4 losses. Ironically they would have won the B12 that year most likely as Texas and blowu were both down. 

Wells on Catalon (sorry spoiler isn't showing up right for me on this browser)

Latest on Jalen Catalon...one last time, Part II

After his official visit to TCU last weekend, I got a chance to catch up with Mansfield Legacy 4* DB Jalen Catalon last night.

Before I go any further, please understand Texas fought hard for his services. Safety coach Craig Naivar did a great job building the relationship, attending football and baseball games, and getting closer to the Catalons.

But sometimes, that’s just not enough.

This process has been straining on his family. They want to make the absolute best decision, and wanted to make sure they viewed all the possible options.

“It’s been really stressful,” said Catalon. “Really just stressful honestly, but I’m ready for it to be over.”

Finality will be here Friday as the multi-sport star, who is still rehabbing his knee injury, will announce his decision at 3:15pm on the 18th at Legacy HS in Mansfield.

“I would like to thank every coach and program for recruiting me throughout this process and taking time to invest in me,” Catalon posted.

Of all the offers, it came down to Texas, Arkansas, and TCU. I didn’t include OU because he rarely mentioned them in the 2.5 years I’ve gotten to know Jalen.

We know all the selling points from each program, but at the end of the day, his relationship with UA coach Chad Morris is probably what seals the deal. That goes back years with Morris’ sister being a teacher at Legacy and Jalen’s relationship with the family.

As for him giving anything away, he was judicious with his words, probably advice from his parents, who have a strong stake in his decision.

“My family wants me to keep it lowkey and not answer to any reporters until after my decision,” said Catalon.

Speaking with sources around the remaining schools, I believe it’ll come down to Hogs or Horned Frogs.

Texas will see him again this week, but unless something drastic changes, time to move on from this recruitment.

EDIT: 7:28pm

Small caveat from this evening:

Jalen Catalon is soft-spoken kid who doesn’t like telling people ‘no.’ It might be what’s made part of this process so stressful for the sincerely, nice kid. I’ve been told after thinking about the last few days of the trip down the road to Ft. Worth, the TCU visit was less than great and it’s really a two-horse race with the Razorbacks and Longhorns.

Looks like Coach Naivar will go see him on Thursday evening for his final in-home. This guy doesn’t quit.

I still think it’s Arkansas, but this just went from “snow balls chance” to “ Hostess Sno Balls chance..”

I’ll tell you in Friday’s Humidor if I’m traveling to Mansfield on Friday afternoon for an announcement.

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

This is true as referenced by their best team since the early 90’s just so happening to start year 1 of their SEC tenure. JFF, Mike Evans, 4 first rounders on the OLine, and they still ended with 4 losses. Ironically they would have won the B12 that year most likely as Texas and blowu were both down. 

Not to mention they somehow got WORSE the next season. If that's not typical aggy, then I don't know what is.