Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He won't be redshirting anywhere he goes. but especially not if he goes to Texas. So why are you bringing it up? 

"Ohio State just wants him to get his kid brother"

"No, Ohio State wants him to get his kid brother and because they'll need a guy at his position in 2020 and he has the ability to redshirt".

none of the rest of this is worth getting into

Edited by SwanderedTalent

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

2020 will pretty much unquestionably hit 1000, without artificial shitposting (well, beyond the usual amount). This one got crushed by the shag/surl transition.

Unless multiple other useless bullshit siphoning 2020 posts pop up about non Texas recruits and GTs and the like.  

I think we should just admit we failed (with an asterisk that if you count the 140 odd pages or however long the thread was on Shag, we passed the 1000 mark long ago) and keep this purely about grad transfers with the occasional hand size digression. Maybe kate if needed for good luck for Braun. 2020 will make it without this artificial nonsense.

Hearing that Braun is going to enroll at Texas but not play football. He found this kick ass 2/1 in West Campus that's right by the sorority houses and he's taking a light course load so that he has more time to chill. Said he just bought a guitar and grew a beard and is just kind of hanging out and trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life. 

Yep, I can confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

"Ohio State just wants him to get his kid brother"

"No, Ohio State wants him to get his kid brother and because they'll need a guy at his position in 2020 and he has the ability to redshirt".

none of the rest of this is worth getting into

We are talking about a program whose last coach told a croot that hed dreamed that god told him the kid needed to come play for his school. 

So the crazy/ stoopid gradiant is not outside the realm of possibility. 

30 minutes ago, Machinator said:

So Nahlin thinks there might be legs to this "Parker Braun wants to redshirt" thing. At Texas.

So come in, redshirt, put on weight, get s kick ass grad degree, and look to be potential nfl draft pick...

All at the cost of some pride to decide and come in redshirt 

41 minutes ago, Machinator said:

So Nahlin thinks there might be legs to this "Parker Braun wants to redshirt" thing. At Texas.

If so, Horns would still need to add immediate interior OL help for 2019 Season.  Seems like the 2020 Texas team may have the possibility to be best Horns team since Colt's senior season.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So come in, redshirt, put on weight, get s kick ass grad degree, and look to be potential nfl draft pick...

All at the cost of some pride to decide and come in redshirt 

In the unlikely scenario that it does happen, it would provide a stronger argument to Evans about the state of our o line

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bEastTexas said:

Take Braun and Proctor, plug Proctor at one of the OG spots in 2019 while Braun RS and trains at C to replace Shack in 2020. Could we really get this lucky?

Ideal scenario.

With the new redshirt rules, we could even play Braun for a few games in 2019 while we bring along Angilau/Okafor/Imade.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Ideal scenario.

With the new redshirt rules, we could even play Braun for a few games in 2019 while we bring along Angilau/Okafor/Imade.

Bring him along slowly and then use him as an injury replacement for Shack in the back 3rd of the season or the bowl game would be a great outcome for both him and the team...

There is no way we could get lucky... right?  Trying to curb my optimism, but damn that would be ideal.

Don't get your hopes up for Feaster.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2019/02/27/clemson-footballs-tavien-feaster-all-in-after-pondering-transfer/3007044002/

But after debating a transfer, Feaster says he’s committed to remaining at Clemson.

“Right now I’m locked in, I’m all in,” Feaster said. “I’m not looking at no outside things right now. I’m just focused and in the moment. Whatever I get and whatever the outcome is, I’ll know I earned it.”

Despite battling injury in the early part of last season, Feaster spent the bulk of the season as Etienne’s primary back-up and rushed for 440 yards and six touchdowns.

37 minutes ago, Machinator said:

What else is the kid supposed to say? We'll see how he feels after Spring Practice. Didn't Clemson have a freshman RB who averaged over 8 yards a carry last season? Shit, I just looked up their roster and stats last season. We'll see, Feaster:

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Rk Player Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
1 Travis Etienne 204 1658 8.1 24 12 78 6.5 2 216 1736 8.0 26
2 Tavien Feaster 78 440 5.6 6 11 71 6.5 0 89 511 5.7 6
3 Adam Choice 77 548 7.1 7 1 3 3.0 0 78 551 7.1 7
4 Lyn-J Dixon 62 547 8.8 5 1 41 41.0 0 63 588 9.3 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What else is the kid supposed to say? We'll see how he feels after Spring Practice. Didn't Clemson have a freshman RB who averaged over 8 yards a carry last season? Shit, I just looked up their roster and stats last season. We'll see, Feaster:

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Rk Player Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
1 Travis Etienne 204 1658 8.1 24 12 78 6.5 2 216 1736 8.0 26
2 Tavien Feaster 78 440 5.6 6 11 71 6.5 0 89 511 5.7 6
3 Adam Choice 77 548 7.1 7 1 3 3.0 0 78 551 7.1 7
4 Lyn-J Dixon 62 547 8.8 5 1 41 41.0 0 63 588 9.3 5

Yeah, that quote was a nothing-burger. He's probably committed to trying to win the backup spot. Let's see how things play out if he doesn't.

EJ and Mike both just CBed Tyler to Texas. Looks like it's happening.

Texas put an offer on the table to JUCO offensive lineman Willie Tyler on Thursday afternoon. So what does that mean? Well, Texas has continued to be active looking for immediate impact players in the trenches. With grad transfers RJ Proctor not seeming like a likely take and Jonah Jackson off to Ohio State, Tyler became even more of an intriguing option.

Tyler, after all, is a very unique prospect. Remember, Tyler was originally supposed to be part of the 2020 cycle. But he was able to accelerate his academics and reclassify. He will graduate in May and have three years of eligibility remaining.

Texas has been talking to Tyler for months and did a tremendous job of mining this hidden gem. While the Longhorns weren’t first to offer, they were first to contact him. It was actually recruiting assistant Jake Langi that first reached out.

Texas recently hosted Tyler on and official visit, and it was there where he connected with offensive line coach Herb Hand. While he also made official visits to Louisiana Tech and West Virginia, Texas made the biggest impression on him, and we feel like the Longhorns are in the best position to land him.

A decision could come at any point, but we have reason to believe it could come very soon and have been told Texas is where Tyler has always wanted to be. Both Mike Roach and I put in or Crystal Ball picks for Texas immediately following his offer.

Edited by satyanash