Texas recruiting notes 2019

Not sure if true but I saw on one Agroid site that Brewster is getting 1.3M a year. That's nuts.

I’m fairly certain that originated from one of our posters at Shaggy. Can’t remember who, but I believe he said he’d posted that statement on another site in jest, but then later in the day he came to Shaggy and apparently quoted himself as a source (not realizing that he’d made the whole thing up to begin with). It was odd to say the least.

11 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I’m fairly certain that originated from one of our posters at Shaggy. Can’t remember who, but I believe he said he’d posted that statement on another site in jest, but then later in the day he came to Shaggy and apparently quoted himself as a source (not realizing that he’d made the whole thing up to begin with). It was odd to say the least.

HollywoodColt was fucking around in stating $1.5 as the number in a thread, based on a prior back and forth between a group of us in which I'd referenced rumored salaries and that number, Schulz thought he was serious and referenced it somewhere else, and then it spread virally. There is no evidence that that number or anything close to it is correct. We crafted that bullshit in an echo chamber on accident.

E.J. Holland: Texas making big recruiting push in Arizona

Texas is starting to recruit the state of Arizona hard. The Longhorns recently notched a commitment from four-star tight end Brayden Liebrock and are squarely in the mix for four-star wide receiver Jake Smith and four-star defensive back Noa Pola-Gates. Horns247's EJ Holland was out in Arizona this week and saw all three prospects. Here are some bullet points he'll hit on in the video below.

-- What landing Liebrock means for Texas

-- Where Texas stands with Smith and Pola-Gates

-- UT's push in Arizona for next cycle

-- Why the Longhorns are having success in Arizona

VIDEO LINK

34 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

With these last 3 OOS WR offers, the staff has appeared to move on from Garret Wilson and Elijah Higgins. I can't see how these 3 offers (STL, CA, and MS - especially first two) are non-committable.

If the comments in the media are to be believed, all of our offers are 100% committable...

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's the other half of a home-and-home from the Mack era that keeps getting postponed

...by them. To avoid an ass kicking. Bet they wish they’d moved it to these past few years. I wish we made them buy it out. 

Also, can we not work with the big 10 teams to keep both series consecutive instead of one in the middle of the other?

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

HollywoodColt was fucking around in stating $1.5 as the number in a thread, based on a prior back and forth between a group of us in which I'd referenced rumored salaries and that number, Schulz thought he was serious and referenced it somewhere else, and then it spread virally. There is no evidence that that number or anything close to it is correct. We crafted that bullshit in an echo chamber on accident.

You’re welcome!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

EJ after dark: Texas staff hits recruiting trail hard

— Texas cornerbacks coach Jason Washington made his way to New Orleans and checked in on four-star Warren Easton (La.) cornerback Chester Kimbrough. We still expect him to make a visit to Texas down the line. Washington also put an offer on the table for Kimbrough’s teammate and four-star 2020 running back Ashaad Clayton, who is now up to a dozen offers.

— Texas wide receivers coach Drew Mehringer and offensive coordinator Tim Beck were out in Arizona and saw four-star wide receiver Jake Smith, who is set to officially visit USC this weekend. Smith will then visit Texas on June 3 and made his decision shortly after that. We still feel good about where Texas stands in this race. By the way, Beck was out in California yesterday to see recent wide receiver offer Mycah Pittman.

— Texas offensive line coach Herb Hand was in Memphis today looking at some underclassmen offensive linemen. Hand previously offered four-star 2020 Freedom Prep (TN) tackle Chris Morris and extended a scholarships to four-star 2020 tackle Omari Thomas and three-star 2020 White Station (TN) tackle Ray Curry Jr. today. It looks like Hand is going to be busy in Memphis moving forward.

— Texas safeties coach Craig Naivar was in the Houston-area and stopped by to see elite 2020 defensive back Dwight McGlothern. While he is ranked as one of the top cornerbacks in the nation, it appears Texas likes him more as a safety. McGlothern is high on LSU, Texas and Texas A&M early on.

— Texas defensive line coach Oscar Giles made the rounds in Houston today. But it’s worth noting that during his time in Dallas yesterday he stopped by to see fast-rising Woodrow Wilson defensive lineman Z-Core Brooks. The three-star prospect is one of the most intriguing prospects in the state and is a name to know.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks for clarifying. Figured I had my facts a little hazy.