Texas recruiting notes 2019

6 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Man. Meyer is either scared as fuck of TH or just is using him as a proxy for scouting. Or perhaps both.

I think it's pretty obvious what's happening here. Meyer's using our us as a proxy for TCU and aggy scouting.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Haha make sure you always have a couple of big receivers so you're not forced to just field a bunch of fast midgets.

You like to receive big guys in your pipeline?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Haha make sure you always have a couple of big receivers so you're not forced to just field a bunch of fast midgets.

You always want to have an "Art Monk" to go along with your "Smurfs"?

#80sReference

43 minutes ago, tokamak said:

That's great news but I thought we were running really low on OVs or something. Weren't we supposedly saving our last one or two for someone specific?

Even if we weren't low on numbers the staff would much prefer to have Higgins visit later in the year (~Stanford acceptance time + time when kids figure out how far from home it actually is and often go back to their favorites in the region, etc ...). The reality is that Bobby Kennedy has sold Higgins on being able to get in at Stanford and maybe he can but it's not a slam dunk. Higgins originally didn't like the fact that the coaches favored Dylan Wright and didn't react favorably to that information.  When Wilson committed to tOSU, Herman sent Mehringer to see Langston Anderson the following Monday. That wasn't as a replacement to Wilson -- he was a replacement for Higgins, in the case that he joined his bro in Columbus, and there were no secrets in it.  Anderson's offer didn't come until this week, but the second it did (along with Powell) Higgins was reaching back out to the Texas staff. My guess is that Higgins decided he wanted to fight for that spot but that the spring OVs were used up and he got his feelings in a twist anew.  Hence, EJ and Roach both put the Stanford pics in today after their discussion post 7 on 7 tourney. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

When Wilson committed to tOSU, Herman sent Mehringer to see Langston Anderson the following Monday.

He sent Mehringer to see Jaylen Ellis even earlier - Friday morning, the day after Wilson's Thursday commitment.

So if Anderson was Higgins' replacement...

Edited by satyanash

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

YAY! or nah? 

I don't get the question. Is he a priority target? Is it him or Tongue or would both be takes? As for the UOV, I assume we are out of spots for officials. He probably doesn't want to miss the boat but isn't ready to commit. So if he can see what he needs to see on an unofficial, he can commit and then OV sometime in the fall.

Edited by Bevo

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

I don't get the question. Is he a priority target? Is it him or Tongue or would both be takes? As for the UOV, I assume we are out of spots for officials. He probably doesn't want to miss the boat but isn't ready to commit. So if he can see what he needs to see on an unofficial, he can commit and then OV sometime in the fall.

I was being sarcastic. If Wiggins wants to take yet another unofficial visit to Texas he can knock himself out. 

If I’m Orlando I’m staying put until Saban or Meyer retire.  

Tap the MFing brakes. You cant be serious.

A DC from houston with one year experience at texas with a barely 500 team looking at Ohio state or Alabama as a 5 million plus HC position.

Yea, stay put for 5 years while racking up a couple national championships and then MAY BE considered.

Tap the MFing brakes. You cant be serious.

A DC from houston with one year experience at texas with a barely 500 team looking at Ohio state or Alabama as a 5 million plus HC position.

Yea, stay put for 5 years while racking up a couple national championships and then MAY BE considered.

Read further down. The comment is explained.