Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Season is still young, these kids are making choices they will live with for the rest of their lives. Two wins does not a season make. These are not 2 and 3 star recruits, these are the cream of the crop. Let the season play out a bit more. We have a huge game next week against the roaches, let us just see what transpires.

2 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Season is still young, these kids are making choices they will live with for the rest of their lives. Two wins does not a season make. These are not 2 and 3 star recruits, these are the cream of the crop. Let the season play out a bit more. We have a huge game next week against the roaches, let us just see what transpires.

Yeah, but a lively Saturday night in Austin can leave a lasting impression on a young man.  

Ok Dad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

A whole lot of kids committed before the season and  a whole lot of kids committed after a loss. This season will not make or break this recruiting class. 85% of the class will have made their decision before a third of the season is complete. This season is more for the upcoming years.

22 minutes ago, Bevo said:

A whole lot of kids committed before the season and  a whole lot of kids committed after a loss. This season will not make or break this recruiting class. 85% of the class will have made their decision before a third of the season is complete. This season is more for the upcoming years.

A whole lot of kids committed after the Maryland game?

Must’ve been silent commits. 

26 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

A whole lot of kids committed after the Maryland game?

Must’ve been silent commits. 

I was referring to teams around the country, like A&M after their loss to Clemson. Sure all it takes is money, a whole lotta spending money. It's gonne take plenty of money to do it right, child.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Woke up expecting a few new pages of banter, tweets, etc. really disappointed in you people.

We're finding our way back to this thread. Dread. We thought we'd probably lose to USC and say goodbye to our recruiting hopes after the Aggies staged one of their remarkable losses at Kyle.

We keep hope in chained iron box. It takes some time to open the locks, unwrap the chains, and raise the lid. Hope unfurls her wings and ascends. It's good to be a fucking Longhorn this Sunday, my friends. Hook 'Em!

E.J. Holland: What UT's win over USC means on recruiting trail

Texas not only won the most important game of the Tom Herman era so far, the Longhorns dominated. The victory over USC was exactly the type of statement Texas needed as it hosted several nationally ranked targets and commits. It was put up or shut up time. Selling the future with losses on the field was no longer a viable option. Tom Herman and company delivered when it mattered most. “Texas demolishing USC certainly gave me more assurance in the program,” said elite 2020 Duncanville defensive back Chris Thompson.

After last weekend, things certainly looked bleak on the recruiting trail. Texas was off to a shaky start on the field, and recruiting rival Texas A&M was in the midst of cementing itself as a true problem thanks to its showing against No. 2 Clemson. Texas A&M, with Jimbo Fisher now at the helm, has won several key in-state battles this cycle and appeared to be setting the tone for 2020 by making waves with Thompson, Jaylon Jones, Demond Demas and several others. Texas, on the brink of taking a big blow for next cycle, put on a show against the Trojans — thumping USC and creating an electric environment with more than 103,00 fans.

As Thompson put it, the win gave 2020 prospects more assurance in the program. Now, all Texas has to do is keep winning. The Longhorns can notch another impressive home victory against TCU next week. Meanwhile, A&M faces the juggernaut that is Alabama, the nation’s top team. If all falls into place, Texas can really get rolling. Aside from the 2020 class, Texas made up some ground with monster out-of-state prospects like Trey Sanders, Marcus Washington and Bru McCoy. Even elite guys that weren’t on campus paid close attention to the Longhorns’ signature win. “They’re getting better each week,” said four-star IMG Academy (Fla.) running back Noah Cain. “I liked what I saw last night.”

UT also put itself in a great position to land leans like Derrian Brown and Tyler Owens. If I were a betting man, which I am, I would put my chips on both joining the class after their experience on campus this weekend. Keep winning and more will hop onboard. Keep winning and the in-state tide will turn in your favor. Keep winning and out-of-state prospects will jump at the chance to play in Austin. Just keep winning.

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

E.J. Holland: What UT's win over USC means on recruiting trail

Reveal hidden contents

Texas not only won the most important game of the Tom Herman era so far, the Longhorns dominated. The victory over USC was exactly the type of statement Texas needed as it hosted several nationally ranked targets and commits. It was put up or shut up time. Selling the future with losses on the field was no longer a viable option. Tom Herman and company delivered when it mattered most. “Texas demolishing USC certainly gave me more assurance in the program,” said elite 2020 Duncanville defensive back Chris Thompson.

After last weekend, things certainly looked bleak on the recruiting trail. Texas was off to a shaky start on the field, and recruiting rival Texas A&M was in the midst of cementing itself as a true problem thanks to its showing against No. 2 Clemson. Texas A&M, with Jimbo Fisher now at the helm, has won several key in-state battles this cycle and appeared to be setting the tone for 2020 by making waves with Thompson, Jaylon Jones, Demond Demas and several others. Texas, on the brink of taking a big blow for next cycle, put on a show against the Trojans — thumping USC and creating an electric environment with more than 103,00 fans.

As Thompson put it, the win gave 2020 prospects more assurance in the program. Now, all Texas has to do is keep winning. The Longhorns can notch another impressive home victory against TCU next week. Meanwhile, A&M faces the juggernaut that is Alabama, the nation’s top team. If all falls into place, Texas can really get rolling. Aside from the 2020 class, Texas made up some ground with monster out-of-state prospects like Trey Sanders, Marcus Washington and Bru McCoy. Even elite guys that weren’t on campus paid close attention to the Longhorns’ signature win. “They’re getting better each week,” said four-star IMG Academy (Fla.) running back Noah Cain. “I liked what I saw last night.”

UT also put itself in a great position to land leans like Derrian Brown and Tyler Owens. If I were a betting man, which I am, I would put my chips on both joining the class after their experience on campus this weekend. Keep winning and more will hop onboard. Keep winning and the in-state tide will turn in your favor. Keep winning and out-of-state prospects will jump at the chance to play in Austin. Just keep winning.

Amazing insight, this. 

• Like 3