Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

6 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I've been up here close to a month fixing my childhood home up for re-sale.  I haven't seen a lot of gay bars, but man, EVERYONE up here's fat.  I mean roly-poly Vic-o-rama fat.  Maybe if you challenged someone to the same thing at a Baskin-Robbins, it'll be well attended.

And for the record, I haven't looked back at what this weirdass debate is even about, and don't plan to.  

But anyone who thinks that Baltimore and Washington are anywhere near the same has zero fucking clue, I don't give a flying fuck if they're 5 miles from each other.  It's nothing like DFW or any of the cities in that corridor.  It's more like East Berlin and West Berlin, or NorKor and SoufKor.  Growing up, we thought Baltimore was like in fucking Greenland.  Unless you've lived here, you don't have an understanding for how separate the two areas are.  But who gives a shit anyway.  

This.  If it's you goons just looking at a map and you never come here or do business or have any relationship, you can lump it all together.

If you use the two interchangeably while you're here; you will immediately be laughed out of the room and viewed as dumber than a box of rocks. If Tom Herman were to mention to a Baltimore recruit that he enjoyed the DC strip clubs, the recruit would go full WTF.

10 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I've been up here close to a month fixing my childhood home up for re-sale.  I haven't seen a lot of gay bars, but man, EVERYONE up here's fat.  I mean roly-poly Vic-o-rama fat.  Maybe if you challenged someone to the same thing at a Baskin-Robbins, it'll be well attended.

And for the record, I haven't looked back at what this weirdass debate is even about, and don't plan to.  

But anyone who thinks that Baltimore and Washington are anywhere near the same has zero fucking clue, I don't give a flying fuck if they're 5 miles from each other.  It's nothing like DFW or any of the cities in that corridor.  It's more like East Berlin and West Berlin, or NorKor and SoufKor.  Growing up, we thought Baltimore was like in fucking Greenland.  Unless you've lived here, you don't have an understanding for how separate the two areas are.  But who gives a shit anyway.  

looks like half the recruiting board gives a shit.

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Half of those that can stand it after several pages of shit.

1000 pages! Hoo boy! YeeHaw!

A shit sandwich is not improved by increasing its size.

In an effort to not clutter the recruiting board any further with non-recruiting posts, I will not point out that I increased the size of your mom last night.  You're welcome.

5 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

In an effort to not clutter the recruiting board any further with non-recruiting posts, I will not point out that I increased the size of your mom last night.  You're welcome.

You must have used something other than your tiny mushroom peen. That wouldn't increase the size of anything other than the roar of laughter.

@Bateshorn and @phdhorn have the same obligation anyone else here does. You either read the fucking thread and understand context, or go fuck yourselves for showing up and further threadshitting by spouting all of your "Locals rule!!!" silliness that distills nothing, covers dated terrain, and has zero to do with recruiting. The posts above are examples of the worst elements of a site like Surly. They ignored everything and decided to pontificate with their own agenda. Go to the fucking geography board if you want to school everyone on the vast and complicated differences of the two areas. The rest of us either already understand this shit and the context of the thread or we don't give one fuck. 

6 hours ago, satyanash said:

Now hold on.

1) BWI airport isn't close to North Baltimore, heck it isn't even in Baltimore proper. It's a good half-hour drive south of the harbor. It's between Baltimore and DC because it was specifically meant to serve both areas.

Wut?  BWI is only 4 miles from the Baltimore city limits.  The terminal is 8 miles from Inner Harbor, 10 via road.  Currently showing 18 minutes, and that's with some traffic.  

https://www.google.com/maps/   

6 hours ago, satyanash said:

2) Baltimore to DC is a solid 50 miles. 

Gotdam, Carmen Sandiego.   It's 35 miles from Inner Harbor to the White House.   In comparison, 30 miles from Sundance Square to JFK's stains.  

https://www.google.com/maps/

The Census Bureau has for years grouped Washington-Baltimore-Arlington into a single Combined Statistical Area, just like DFW,:

map:  https://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/metroarea/us_wall/Feb2013/csa_us_0213.pdf

list:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_statistical_area

Now back to your regular schedule programming.  It's 15:21 and OU still sucks.

Edited by clapclapclap
Though I really don't care where he says he's from. Good for him either way.
  • Fuck You 2