Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

I don't think he's done any camps, or at least not that I am aware of. He won the fastest man at the Stars at Night Texas event and broad jumped 11'2" and has run a 10.3 100 on multiple occasions. All this to say that you can't coach size and you can't coach speed and he has both. 

as far as numbers in Texas track meets he's got ::

10.34 100

22.5 200

22'2" LJ

45'5" Trip

and his 11'2" broad jump at Texas. all this at a legit 6'2" and 202. He also has good grades and test scores. He's a screaming take in any cycle imho. Barely scratching the surface of what he could be. 

Additionally, he won "fastest man" at Under the Lights, the same event Ty 4.35 Jordan participated in 

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ah, another Friday night with a couple of teenagers' Twitter accounts sitting in my tabs, waiting for notifications. Living the high life.

You are doing God's work. I would go into rage fits trying to read all of these twitter feeds of 18 year old kids. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

I'm probably just arguing semantics, but while Overshown rose nationally late, he was a known stud regionally for a long time. This seems a little different. 

The tape on Owens reflects someone who looks like the light bulb has suddenly come on. He was soft and a non-entity all the way up the point when he wasn't, and the difference is night and day. Texas was one of the first to see it, apparently because someone got tape to them first. He's allegedly killing it his senior year, to boot. I'm interested in seeing if anyone in DFW gets to see him in a game this year. 

3 hours ago, The University said:

spitting image, personality-wise at least, of a girl i briefly dated back on the 40 acres. i tried, but i couldn't handle that level of crazy. friended me awhile back and noticed she was already on her third husband. those poor dudes...

“There’s some activity in the bullpen Bob, if the batter reaches base it looks like we are gonna see pitcher #4 tonite.”

Edited by UcancallmeSurly
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The University said:

spitting image, personality-wise at least, of a girl i briefly dated back on the 40 acres. i tried, but i couldn't handle that level of crazy. friended me awhile back and noticed she was already on her third husband. those poor dudes...

i once dated a girl from  rancho cucamonga named D'wana she had the 💦🍑🌮 she somehow got my home address & keyed my bmw i went outside to confront her but she maced me my dad elroy & cousin craig had to hose me off in the front lawn

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Carl Winslow said:

i once dated a girl from  rancho cucamonga named D'wana she had the 💦🍑🌮 she somehow got my home address & keyed my bmw i went outside to confront her but she maced me my dad elroy & cousin craig had to hose me off in the front lawn

Bummer. D’wana have anything to do with that shit.

• Like 2

This staff is killing it with their evaluations. I atleast have confidence they will turn every rock for solid players that can contribute if they whiff on their first targets.

Both their grad transfer and juco guys, Gary, were solid evaluations also.  Even Jamari Chisholm has played meaningful snaps.

Edited by victory88

7 hours ago, The University said:

And all the boys there at the bar began to sing along....

58 minutes ago, victory88 said:

This staff is killing it with their evaluations. I atleast have confidence they will turn every rock for solid players that can contribute if they whiff on their first targets.

Both their grad transfer and juco guys, Gary, were solid evaluations also.  Even Jamari Chisholm has played meaningful snaps.

Well, we will never know with Grady, but yes, the evaluation aspect has improved immensely from Brown and Strong.

Please don’t tease us. We haven’t had a legitimate RB since Benson. I love Charles as much as the next but give me a power back.... please.
D'onta Foreman? I think we have one now as well..

Of course it's a small sample size and he has to stay healthy, but I think Ingram has the potential to be our next great RB.