Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

On Bru, we probably need Helton to survive but look like a dead man walking to have a chance.  A new coach probably pulls him assuming they hire someone decent.  We need to have uncertainty about who his coach would be at USC.  Even then, it's probably still a long shot. 

2 hours ago, TrojanPrincess said:

Would still be a shock if Bru did not commit to USC, hasn't changed.  He did like Texas, tho.

Former QB and best friend looks like the next USC superstar QB. Fellow starting WR I said starting at USC. Current QB is committed to USC.  Wears #5 because Reggie Bush was his idol. Wants to live in California once he's done with football.

Odds are not great lol but gotta shoot our shot 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Former QB and best friend looks like the next USC superstar QB. Fellow starting WR I said starting at USC. Current QB is committed to USC.  Wears #5 because Reggie Bush was his idol. Wants to live in California once he's done with football.

Odds are not great lol but gotta shoot our shot 

Well, sure when you put it that way...

E.J. Holland: Recruits react to UT's win over ranked TCU

WR Demariyon Houston, Millwood (Okla.) — “Texas is going to ball regardless of what the other team is ranked.”

OL Chad Lindberg, Cy Creek (2020) — “It’s a strong start for them and a way to make a statement in the Big 12.”

OL Bryce Foster, Katy Taylor (2021) — “I think they looked great. I was impressed with how dominant the line looked upfront and how they were able to move the ball on the ground.”

OL Hayden Conner, Katy Taylor (2021) — “I watched every minute of it. The offensive line played great. It was awesome to see what Coach (Herb) Hand has done in such a short period of time. I’m really impressed.”

DL Princely Umanmielen, Manor (2020) — “They dominated on both sides of the ball. With this being their second week in a row beating a ranked team, I feel like they’re about to be on a roll.”

CB Kenyatta Watson II, Grayson (GA) — “It was exciting, I watched the entire game on my phone, and I can’t wait to be apart of it all.”

CB Marques Caldwell, Alvin — “This was expected.”

S Darius Snow, Hebron — “It was a really big win. This team starting to look like that Ohio State team that won a natty a few years back, to be honest.”

ATH Jordan Whittington, Cuero — “The spark has been ignited. We’re taking over now.”

ATH Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage (2020) — “The game was amazing.”

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

E.J. Holland: Recruits react to UT's win over ranked TCU

Reveal hidden contents

WR Demariyon Houston, Millwood (Okla.) — “Texas is going to ball regardless of what the other team is ranked.”

OL Chad Lindberg, Cy Creek (2020) — “It’s a strong start for them and a way to make a statement in the Big 12.”

OL Bryce Foster, Katy Taylor (2021) — “I think they looked great. I was impressed with how dominant the line looked upfront and how they were able to move the ball on the ground.”

OL Hayden Conner, Katy Taylor (2021) — “I watched every minute of it. The offensive line played great. It was awesome to see what Coach (Herb) Hand has done in such a short period of time. I’m really impressed.”

DL Princely Umanmielen, Manor (2020) — “They dominated on both sides of the ball. With this being their second week in a row beating a ranked team, I feel like they’re about to be on a roll.”

CB Kenyatta Watson II, Grayson (GA) — “It was exciting, I watched the entire game on my phone, and I can’t wait to be apart of it all.”

CB Marques Caldwell, Alvin — “This was expected.”

S Darius Snow, Hebron — “It was a really big win. This team starting to look like that Ohio State team that won a natty a few years back, to be honest.”

ATH Jordan Whittington, Cuero — “The spark has been ignited. We’re taking over now.”

ATH Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage (2020) — “The game was amazing.”

Can't help but feel good about OL play/recruiting as long as Hand is around.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

They expand the search for OL towards the end of the year to see who’s improved the most during their senior year. Hopefully.

3 of our starters are from players that had good senior years that we took late (Cosmi, Rodriguez, and Kerstetter). It can be done, especially if we don’t have a moron at OL coach 

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

Murray is good, but this ain’t really the week to be lusting after BlowU defenders. Their defense’s inability to get off the field is the reason they almost lost that game.

yeah but murray had 28 tackles. overall their defense was meh but that's still damn impressive. like you said murray has been good and was basically begging us for a committable offer for the longest. with our thin lb group, he would have been big help.