Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Where has Looch been lately?  That dude was tweeting like crazy about Texas after the Maryland loss and was all giddy on texags.  Haven't seen a peep since the win streak.

I'm guessing his move has been to avoid addressing Texas at all and instead to focus on their tough SEC victories to start the season. 

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

You shouldn't tweet at recruits. You don't want to be left out, because errbody was kung fu fighting and you were tweeting recruits.

Correct but you do try to hack their accounts to read their dm's or send false tweets on where they will be some weekend. That is all highly suggested and appreciated. 

46 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Correct but you do try to hack their accounts to read their dm's or send false tweets on where they will be some weekend. That is all highly suggested and appreciated. 

Good luck with me hacking an account. 

Half the time I can't sign in to my own dam accounts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

You shouldn't tweet at recruits. You don't want to be left out, because errbody was kung fu fighting and you were tweeting recruits.

Agree.... Don't Tweet at Recruits

Matrix  plus  errbody was kung fu fighting equals....

Edited by LTtxfan

I'm guessing his move has been to avoid addressing Texas at all and instead to focus on their tough SEC victories to start the season. 
Wrong, Looch dedicated nearly an entire radio show explaining how the teams we beat (up until blowU) were trash and how great Kentucky is. I didn't listen to the entire thing, but brave souls who did said he spent more time talking about Texas than aggy..

On 10/9/2018 at 8:03 PM, Carl Winslow said:

I'm from WF, and he's not a take. He takes plays off, and his competition outside of Rider and WF hs is not good. I honestly have no idea how or why he was offered a scholly from FSU, but Jimbo gonna Jimbo. Their RB who's committed to TCU is an absolute stud, though.

19 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm from WF, and he's not a take. He takes plays off, and his competition outside of Rider and WF hs is not good. I honestly have no idea how or why he was offered a scholly from FSU, but Jimbo gonna Jimbo. Their RB who's committed to TCU is an absolute stud, though.

LOL at recruiting sometimes.

This kid has 26 “offers” from UF, FSU, SC, UNC, VT, MD, WVU, TN, UGA, GT, Bama, Aub, Ole Miss, LSU, UH, Baylor, Mizzou, ISU, Minn, Wisc, ND, tOSU, Penn St, Colorado, USC, Oregon...

but is currently listed as “cold” on everybody meaning most of the offers aren’t worth a shit.  I’d be shocked if even 6 are currently one he could commit to.

Not not trying to poke fun at this kid (haven’t seen film or anything on him until today that I can recall) just commenting on the weirdness or the recruiting world.

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

Sheppard is supposedly visiting Ohio State this weekend according to one of their mods

Whether true or not, Urban & tOSU seem to have a vendetta towards Hermanator..... when the two meet in a football game in the future, It may be quite an epic contest.....

giphy.gif

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

LOL at recruiting sometimes.

This kid has 26 “offers” from UF, FSU, SC, UNC, VT, MD, WVU, TN, UGA, GT, Bama, Aub, Ole Miss, LSU, UH, Baylor, Mizzou, ISU, Minn, Wisc, ND, tOSU, Penn St, Colorado, USC, Oregon...

but is currently listed as “cold” on everybody meaning most of the offers aren’t worth a shit.  I’d be shocked if even 6 are currently one he could commit to.

Not not trying to poke fun at this kid (haven’t seen film or anything on him until today that I can recall) just commenting on the weirdness or the recruiting world.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I highly doubt 95% of those "offers" are even committable. He's not a very good player for his size against the likes of City View and Iowa Park (2 small schools I saw him play against, and Rider and WF hs just made him look pedestrian) Rider has good players. I questioned when he committed to FSU, and then mysteriously dexommitted. I think it had to do with them saying he was being looked at, and committed, and they had to break it down that it wasn't a committable offer. I bet he ends up at either Tech or a low FBS school. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, TexasToast said:

Kid wants to see the country. Don't blame him. I'd have told FWK to focus on Miami and Arizona State, personally.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Where has Looch been lately?  That dude was tweeting like crazy about Texas after the Maryland loss and was all giddy on texags.  Haven't seen a peep since the win streak.

I hear he's been out hunting billy goats so he can find his next chin pube implant.  

16 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

guessing this is the other TCU commit people have been referencing 

This is specifically who I was referencing. 

Now that the news is out, a couple of other thoughts to add here:

1) His cousin is the QB at Melissa and he's a 2020 guy. He could be QB2 in the 2020 class for Texas. He's good, he'd be developmental, and he's a practical choice.

2) They'd take Lewis, Washington and Powell, still. Powell could play multiple positions, so he's not necessarily a WR. 

3) None of this would impact the recruitment or offer to Bru McCoy.

4) If Texas keeps winning, there could be some last minute feeding frenzy issues that impact numbers, so some of the WR calculations are probably fungible. 

Should be interesting to watch. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I fully admit my recruiting ability is limited to using my eyeballs to draw logical conclusions. When I saw Jalen Reagor play I thought he was the best player in the state. This guy is the WR who looks the most impressive to me in this cycle. This pleases me. 

Just now, Newy25 said:

I fully admit my recruiting ability is limited to using my eyeballs to draw logical conclusions. When I saw Jalen Reagor play I thought he was the best player in the state. This guy is the WR who looks the most impressive to me in this cycle. This pleases me. 

Could be the Tevailance Hunt of this cycle.