Texas recruiting notes 2019

35 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

This is gonna be kinda stereotypical, but his HUDL film looks like a cross between Max (Rob?) Cummins' and Max Wright's.  Kid has a decent frame and could potential grow into a good looking 4i prospect.  He could also grow into a decently sized blocking TE.

The fact that he's basically a free recruit is fucking awesome.

This is not hyperbole, but I think he has a higher ceiling/lower floor than J.J. Watt who was only a 2 star from Pewaukee.

• Like 2

Another Super K update on Bru:

I’ve spoke to a number of people in Southern California. I’ll continue to check on this. The latest I have is as follows.

***Again, it’s USC vs. Texas. Nothing new there other than one source adding that it would be nearly impossible for a third school to get in the mix. It’s those two and that’s it and that is how it will remain, per said source.

***Texas is stable and I’m told that isn’t lost on the family. It’s the instability and the uncertainty at USC that is really making this more of a battle than it otherwise would be.

***As one source pointing out, it’s important to keep in mind that Bru is very close to USC quarterback JT Daniels and USC WR, Amon-Ra St. Brown. Bru played with both and was the second leading receiver on the team when JT and St. Brown were there. This could play a factor for our against USC. If those guys are happy at the end of the season, it helps USC. If they aren’t then it very much hurts.

***Another thing to keep in mind is Helton and his job stability. One source said that if Helton keeps his job then Bru ends up at USC. Other people said something similar but equivocated much more. My own sense is that whether Helton keeps his job or not, it’s still going to come down to whether the McCoy’s are convinced that USC is indeed stable.

***There is some growing confidence around the Texas program but I think they also know that in addition to the great job they’ve done recruiting Bru, they’re receiving assistance from all the uncertainty surrounding USC.

I don’t usually do percentages but right now I’m probably 60/40 USC. But I truly believe the McCoy’s are in a wait and see mode. My guess is they are comfortable sending Bru to Texas and Bru would be comfortable there. So, they are preparing for that as a real possibility. But there’s no doubt that they will make a final assessment of USC once the season finishes and the changes (or not) unfold.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Latest on McCoy is that he's leaning USC because he's afraid of the competition at WR between him and Wilson at UT. Personally, I don't want guys here who are afraid of a little competition. 

Yep, because if they’re afraid of a little competition, they’ll be scared to death of a big competition.

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Latest on McCoy is that he's leaning USC because he's afraid of the competition at WR between him and Wilson at UT. Personally, I don't want guys here who are afraid of a little competition. 

Just wait until Waddle and Rondale Moore transfer in. Glad he's an early signer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It is just going to get rougher once Waddle and Rondale Moore get here.

7 minutes ago, victory88 said:

The entire Jones family is full of headcases.  Didn’t Caleb punch a tennis player at UT?  He also then got arrested for theft and domestic abuse while on the Vikings.  Looks like little brother didn’t fall far from the apple tree.

oJKX50W.gif?noredirect

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, victory88 said:

The entire Jones family is full of headcases.  Didn’t Caleb punch a tennis player at UT?  He also then got arrested for theft and domestic abuse while on the Vikings.  Looks like little brother didn’t fall far from the apple tree.

Yep and there was this a few months ago.

That family has issues.

5 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Randomly looked at the site for some free info and saw that TFB has a new Bru update behind a paywall...what's the word? Generic $9.95 BS because they got traffic for the last one or actual info?

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/75-texas-recruiting-notes-2019/&do=findComment&comment=741888

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Randomly looked at the site for some free info and saw that TFB has a new Bru update behind a paywall...what's the word? Generic $9.95 BS because they got traffic for the last one or actual info?

Why don't you scroll back a page and give us a full report IDOIT

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

Except the potential landmines of losing to UCLA and getting throttled by Notre Dame. Plenty of time for chaos and instability.

Guess I'll be rooting for ND.  It'll be interesting to see what that feels like.  Might need a 3 hour shower afterwards to wash away the shame.

• Like 1

USC reporters saying a series of disciplinary issues had him on thin ice already, and then apparently caught with a chick in his hotel room the night before this past game. So just another entitled, dumbass kid who thinks the rules don’t apply because of his family.

Isn’t he dating strongs other daughter

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Just wait until Waddle and Rondale Moore transfer in. Glad he's an early signer.

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Don't forget Marquise Johnson should show up any day now.